[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop pitying myself? I'm the typical mid-20s /r9k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: join us we're fun.jpg (51KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
join us we're fun.jpg
51KB, 479x720px
How do I stop pitying myself?

I'm the typical mid-20s /r9k/ lonely virgin loser, but I'm too swallowed in self-pity to actually try and change.
>>
>>18177920

you don't, you just do things to improve despite the pity. you don't let the pity enable you.
>>
>>18177921
I think I'm addicted to the self-pity.

I can't imagine myself 'normal'.
>>
You sometimes get brief moments of motivation, right? When that happens, use one to start a fitness habit. Get to a month long streak at whatever interval you're doing the workouts. That will give you a foundation of self-esteem that comes from hard work, and being in better shape will make you feel better in general. Once you have the habit, it will be easier to maintain than it was to initially get started.
>>
>>18177923

the unfortunate truth is there is no regiment that will fix this. youcan't press some buttons and take some pills or say some words or any combination of the three that will stop you from feeling pity and stop you from letting that enable your behaviors.

all you can do is make a list of what things you want to change, write out how you'd go about doing that, and then make your daily attack plan.

feel free to share that plan with others to see if there is anything wrong with it.

for instance a lot of people will put down
>get a gf by december

but that doesn't really work, thats not a goal you can guarantee, and what little power you have over that goal would just lead you to being in a shitty relationship with someone you dont even like just so that you can check that off your list.

instead you should be making goals that are conducive to that outcome but don't necessarily guarantee it.
>go to at least one social event a week
>talk to at least one girl and one dude at each place
>workout in order ot better attract a partner
>>
>>18177920
Do you have friends?

I personally have nobody. I feel so lonely, but I don't know how to make friends... I don't like drinking and partying, so that's not an option.

I'm very shy, and can't open up to people until I know them more.

I feel like I am only living for myself, and I'd rather die than keep on doing that...
>>
>>18177929
That sounds reasonable.
Setting goals by timeframe is something I always hated for some reason.

>workout to attract a partner

See, I would never do that because I would be convinced it's impossible, so pointless to even try.

I'd need a better reason to find motivation.

>>18177970
Absolutely none and also no social enviroment to make friends either, total shut-in.
It's okay, you get used to it.
>>
stop browsing 4chan
>>
>>18177920
You need an ideal you can actually fulfill.

You're like a chef who is dissatisfied with himself because he isn't in the pro-football hall of fame. Your value structure is messed up.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.