[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here been obese and then got fit and was able to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: PuNUqdy.gif (976KB, 611x412px) Image search: [Google]
PuNUqdy.gif
976KB, 611x412px
So I used to be morbidly obese, almost 400 pounds. A lot of reasons for that but I won't get into them. I wasn't always super big, but ever since I was a kid I was overweight. I was definitely fat throughout middle and most of highschool, and then got obese and went through college that way. I never once had a relationship in that time. I've never had sex, the most I've done is finger a girl, and that happened once. This caused me anguish for a lot of years, I yearned for a relationship, but always attributed it to being fat, because it seemed like the only excuse. I was and am a sociable guy.I have lots of friends and have a good sense of humor. Sometimes I can be a bit too much of an asshole because I'm really sarcastic, but people who know me understand and know it's just me messing around, I've learned to tone that down around people I don't know all too well because it leaves a bad first impression. Point is, I have a good, active friend group, I go out, have social skills and don't suffer from a lot of the anxieties and social problems that might plague someone who comes here for advice in the first place. I'm not the most sociable, dont get me wrong, but I come across as pretty normal.

In the past few years, I've lost a lot of weight, I'm sitting close to 200 pounds. I'm still fat, but I'm in the overweight territory and not obese BMI range. I still have maybe 20-30 pounds to go and got to the gym 3 days a week. I look better every week. Since losing the weight, I've gotten compliments on my appearance, and not only from people who knew me when I was obese, but from people I've recently met, I think I've even caught a few stares from women sometimes at a bar I frequent. The thing is, I feel like my lack of experience with romance has really hindered me, and it's because I was so gross and obese for so long.
>>
This coupled with my complete inexperience with women puts me in a big hole romantically. I don't know how to date, never been on one. I cant recognize signals of interest from women because I never even thought a girl would be interested. My friend group is also primarily male, and while I have a good friend who is female, her friends dont go out or arent single, so meeting women through mutual friends is difficult.

I feel like I lost out a lot by being so fat during my schooling years, where there were plenty of girls to talk to and interact with daily and inexperience was normal, if not expected. Im far removed from those days, but only now feeling confident in myself physically and wholly as a person, I'm proud of the changes I've made and the person I've become. I know I shouldn't invest so much in a relationship, but I honestly feel strange and so alone that I've never even come close. I should have felt whats its like to be in a relationship by now, to share the experience of caring for someone else and them caring for you on an intimate level. It's a fundamental part of the human experience and I'm missing out.
>>
Rsd on you tube.
>>
>>18176981
What's the obsession red pill shit on this site? It seems like OP is trying to figure out how to better himself and connect with somebody, not just try to manipulate women into sleeping with him (although that would help).
>>
>>18176960
It sounds like your doing better than most people ever will, congrats my friend, I truly wish you the best, you'll get into it. Just put yourself out there, be yourself, be funny, and pick up on people's body language, if you get signs from a woman you're taking to, then take the convo somewhere more intimate, and see where things go, or ask one of your guy friends you'reclose with for some advice that's how I started getting laid
>>
>fat in high school
>can't take off shirt because fat
>can't even go to the beach
>suicidal thoughts and self-harm

>thin in college
>can't take off shirt because body is covered in self-harm scars (some of which spell out words like FAT, one says PUSSY)
>can't even go to the beach
>suicidal thoughts and self-harm

I wish I could ask for laser scar removal for my birthday. That shit's expensive
>>
>>18177466
Thanks, I'm still working on myself. I've heard that the mentality of a fat person who loses weight takes a while to change, and maybe that's all that's holding me back, I'm approaching things with the wrong mindset. I feel like I'm pretty close, I just havent met the right person. However, I'm worried that even though im going out and living life more than I ever did in highschool or college, it's not enough. I feel like an empty person, relationships are so common and normal, yet me being "normal" and relatively well adjusted yet never being in a relationship indicates some fundamental broken-ness within me. It's scary that I've never related to somebody on an intimate, romantic level. Maybe I should see a therapist?

Maybe i'll get lucky and its just all the fat still left on me that makes me so unattractive and that it will all change when I reach my goal weight. I feel like I look pretty good, but my fat distribution isnt great, I hold a lot around my chest and upperback so I probably still look obese. Ehh who knows, guess im just venting here.
>>
File: 20170331_153913.jpg (1MB, 1636x2224px) Image search: [Google]
20170331_153913.jpg
1MB, 1636x2224px
>>18177620
Pic related, its pretty faint by now, but still a tricky one to explain to anyone who accidentally sees it

>>18177675
Did you have any problems with sagging or stretch marked skin after your weight loss OP? Have you ever considered plastic or laser surgery (if you're the type of person that would do that)?

Also, I'm hijacking your thread for advice about how to deal with embarrassing scars besides hiding them....Please
>>
>>18177701
I have stretch marks, but they're starting to fade as I get skinner. I drink a lot of water, and I get a decent amount of sun a week. I was also a fairly active fat guy, I played pick up basketball 3 times a week and have generally played some sort of organized sport my entire life and I had a good base of muscle before even losing weight. I will also have have sagging skin, mostly around my stomach and lower back, but I've lost weight pretty slowly which should help a lot. I've been lifting weights for the past month and a half or so as well which will help fill in some of the saggier areas before they tighten up. I'll get more hardcore into when I'm not worried about fat loss still. I'm also in my mid twenties so I'm fairly young and the skin tightens better the younger you are.

I will have stretchmarks forever, which will fade but never completely. But I dont really mind that so much. And as corny as it sounds, they feel like battle scars and serve as reminder of who I used to be. I think its important to never forget what I was, so that I never become that person again. Losing weight was not a simple physical issue, the real struggle (and something I still fight with) is with the mind. I was addicted to food, but unlike other addictions, you still need to engage with food to live, you cant just quit cold turkey. Every time I ate something I fought the temptation to eat more and more and more after. I became depressed after my 3rd year of college, probably when i was at my biggest. It took me 3 more years after that before I started losing weight and during the past year my depression hit me hardest as it coincided with my graduation and a hardcore crush of mine rejecting me. I've had to change mentally as well as physically, with the former being only a recent development, this post being an example of trying to figure it out so I can find a relationship
>>
>>18177701
Foundation/concealer in your skin tone. 100% serious. Women have been trying to hide their imperfections for millennia.

If you're willing to consider this, I can give you some more detailed advice.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.