[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I come to terms with growing older? I'm 21 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1489478354367.jpg (63KB, 581x581px) Image search: [Google]
1489478354367.jpg
63KB, 581x581px
How can I come to terms with growing older?

I'm 21 and I am deathly afraid of growing older, each birthday is complete agony for me. I keep thinking that with each passing year the less I'll have the chance to live my life and worry that once my youthful looks fade away things won't be fun anymore.
>>
>>18176785

welcome to life. the best you can do is try to make every day matter. by the time you get to 30 you'll feel worse than you did at 20 but still saying 'I STILL GOT TEN YEARS LEFT TO ENJOY AS MUCH AS I CAN CUZ BY 40 I MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD'

this is kind of how life owrks in general. you assume the end is a lot closer than it actually is.

me though i choose to party hard on birthdays, cuz i know i wont always be able to.
>>
>>18176785
Your worries are well founded.
>>
>>18176785
Stressing over it is a great way to speed up the aging process.

If you take care of your lifestyle and diet, you should have no problems to keep your looks till mid-late thirties with minimal changes and if you're unhappy with what you have, well cosmetic surgery is a blooming enterprise.

Things will be more fun since you'll have more experience of playing the game, until late 40s-50s when your body starts going to shit at least.
>>
>>18176785
As a 29 year old, I can say I had basically the same feeling. I learned however that by eating healthy and working out, I have axtually become healthier year by year. My heartrate is 47 bpm, I can overhead press more than my body weight, and I can almost deadlift 4 plate (405lbs). Almost there.

Basically, I look forward to getting older, as I am healthier, and I realize I was stupid to WISH I was still in my early 20's. I am way healthier now, more flexible than ever (you need to start doing yoga immediately, all of you, not joking), and I could rip my 18 year old self in half. Plus, pulling chicks is easier from years of experience, so that's always good. Getting laid easier is hard to complain about...
>>
The same way you come to terms with anything.
Realize what is and what is not beyond your control. There's nothing more to be done than that. The more time you waste quivering in your boots, the less time you have to get out there and actually do shit.
>>
>>18176830
It sounds like you're just setting yourself up for your mid-life crisis. At 29, you haven't even begun to decline yet.
>>
>>18176840
I don't think so. I've lived such a rewarding life since I stopped stressing. Honestly, I've had a good run. I still bang 18 year olds faurly regularly. How can I be upset at midlife when I've banged out cutie asian 18 year olds and make more money than most men my age? I'll need to seriously fuck up soon in order to feel like I haven't lived a life well lived by mid life.
>>
>>18176856
Well, it's good to be confident, but we'll see.
It's 18 years olds for now, maybe 20 year olds when the 18 year olds stop biting, then before you know it, you own a corvette, wear a leather jacket everywhere, and start every conversation with, "Ayyy".

Just messing with you, of course. I think it's something that's difficult to ever be prepared for. There's so much to do, I'm not sure we'd ever have enough time.
>>
>>18176867
Corvette's are fun cars.
>>
>>18176867
>I'm not sure we'd ever have enough time.
There will never be enough time, even if you lived for 1,000 years. There will always be more to do.

It might help you to listen to Noah Elkrief and learn to be happy in the moment. I'm sure teenagers floating through space on their way from Saturn to one of it's moons, going back and forth between their parents and college, in their personal spacecraft, spending time on their vr simulator wondering if they chose the right career and if they will be happy in life -- I'm sure even they will miss the simplistic times and pine for the year 2,000, when things were "new and original and easy". Even they will feel like they had more or atleast a different time.
>>
>>18176856
>I still bang 18 year olds
Nic-
>asian 18 year olds
Another beta male. Can't score the white ones?
>>
>>18177045
>ones
Don't want the white ones. Boring... you ever banged a white girl? I've banged a few of them. Why would you want to do that more than once? Any race is better than white. American White < black < Hispanic/asian/mixed/European white. American white girls basically have no reason to exist. American males judge all females on the planet based off how american girls act, and they don't even realize how mutated the personalities of american girls truly are compared to females on the rest of the planet.
>beta male
I would love to see you try to call me that without being behind a screen... did you read nothing else I said about myself? Even if I only ever banged out asian chicks, how in the hell does that make me beta? I'm pretty sure betas can't even talk to girls...
>>
>>18177100
This whole response was pretty beta
>>
>>18176785
you're only 21, that's not even old. stay young by having a lot of sex, obviously.
>>
>>18176785
Yes,growing old sucks.It's good if you are aware of this.But it is inevitable.Do the things you wanna do when you are still young.Try to know yourself.Figure out what you wanna do with your life.Getting old doesn't mean you'll not enjoy your life anymore.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.