[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother has been really suicidal lately, so I typed a letter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1488526408382.gif (302KB, 359x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488526408382.gif
302KB, 359x450px
My brother has been really suicidal lately, so I typed a letter and sent it to his psychiatrist asking her to help him better

I feel like I kind of "ratted him out" as the letter was a page long and kind of detailed. But I didn't feel like he was giving his doctor the full scoop and may have been understating the severity of his issues.

Did I do the right thing? I just don't want my brother to kill himself mang
>>
nah it's fine. If he's about to kill himself like, right now, then you can call the police for intervention
>>
File: Cylce of History.jpg (66KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
Cylce of History.jpg
66KB, 600x719px
>>18176117
Here's the plan anon, you must connect with your brother in order for you to understand his situation.
It might be a long-term plan, but it would work, regardless of your personalities.
And tell him this:
Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.

Thus you must tell your brother to stand up and ask for more aid, an easy way for that is by regularly contacting his friends.
Find the reason why he's having suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>18176117
You did the right thing. Let the therapist deal with it, he/she knows how to use that information and will probably not tell your brother any of this, because it would mean losing his trust, which is essential.
>>
>>18176149
yeah just toss the blame on other people

So like when he's dead you can be like PHEW AT LEAST IT WASNT MY FAULT
>>
>>18176154
He is probably already doing everything he can to be a supportive brother without being intrusive.
You can't just "help" someone out of depression like it's a walk in the park.
>>
>>18176155
lol you are a terrible person
>>
>>18176149
Yes in my letter I essentially outlined his behavioral pattern that makes him suicidal. Essentially a "trigger"(not in tumblr sense of word) happens. Then he explodes in anger, and after he's done being angry, he gets suicidal

He's "fine" 90% of the time, but he absolutely cannot handle any confrontation or situation. He is a powder keg and I felt if his psychiatrist was able to address his anger #1 then she could break the cycle that leds to him being suicidal

I don't think she'll tell him that I wrote a letter but I hope she takes it seriously since I am the one who has to live with him(at least right now)

>>18176154
my brother has literal autism there is absolutely nothing I can do to help him other than stop him from killing himself which I have already done two times. We are not very close and never really were because of his autism growing up made him very distant

>>18176155
this
>>
>>18176171
tfw tumblr ruined it for people with actual triggers
>>
>>18176117

Yes, you did the right thing. One of my biggest regrets in life is not doing the same when I realized my sister's mental health was detoriating. She got better, but before that she spent weeks in hospital and then months in other institutions. The entire time I kept wondering what-ifs, because I knew what she was doing to herself, but "didn't want to betray her trust" by outing her issues to other people. Sometimes caring about people means doing what is best for them, even if they don't agree.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.