[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've kinda backed myself into a difficult and awkward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: BoSs.jpg (32KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
BoSs.jpg
32KB, 500x362px
So I've kinda backed myself into a difficult and awkward situation. Some context first, I'm 19 and currently studying at university. I've had a bit of a rough time throughout school, was always kinda chubby and got heavily bullied leading to minor depression and as a result I've always had self-confidence issues. In an attempt to get over it all I've been hitting the gym and getting in shape, gone from 124kg down to 108kg in about 3 months.

Regardless, being the nerdy study all day and video games kinda guy as well as going to an all boys high school I've never had a relationship or even have a close female friend and really don't know how to interact with always has limited me to only small talk with girls at university, nothing really past coursework discussions.

I'm currently into the second year of my degree and I've liked this girl in my course for over a year now but never really talked to her. I've made up my mind that I do want to ask her out but I really don't know how to build up to it. I get this mental image that I'd be really creepy suddenly talking to her from out of nowhere and I really have no clue as to how to go from barley conversing to asking her out. Also as far as I know she doesn't and never has had a boyfriend.

What should I do?
>>
>>18175798
>I get this mental image that I'd be really creepy suddenly talking to her from out of nowhere and I really have no clue as to how to go from barley conversing to asking her out.
definitely not wrong about that. honestly you need to talk to her to see if you actually do like her and are not just idealizing her. use some situational humour or reference, it shouldn't be hard if you've both been in the same class for a while.
>>
>>18175798
>In an attempt to get over it all I've been hitting the gym and getting in shape, gone from 124kg down to 108kg in about 3 months.
You still got a lot of work to do, this problem should make you to train harder for her, OP.

Was about to say what the other anon said but you should be able to lose more bodyfat % and become handsome as fuark too.

Just sayin', no more advise for you but the other anon is right, you should do some talk about coursework and then other things and finally ask her out.
>>
>>18175808
>>18175839
Cheers for the advice
Honestly no clue how I should actually ask her once I get to know her a bit better. Was thinking a coffee place on campus, or should I go for something else?

Also any tips for small talk in terms of getting to know her better?
>>
>>18175952
>Honestly no clue how I should actually ask her once I get to know her a bit better. Was thinking a coffee place on campus, or should I go for something else?
keep it casual and low-key, coffee place isn't bad. ask her to something YOU like or want to do. can be anything really. ie, "hey, i'm going to go to X if you'd like to join me" or "i'm going to get some coffee, would you like to come with?". don't make a big show of it or put pressure upon her.

>Also any tips for small talk in terms of getting to know her better?
loads of ways to go about this, and usually a naturally flowing conversation will take you there without having to pry or try too much. once you have established some level of rapport(ie you aren't a stones throw away from being a stranger) could be as simple as picking up on something she said and then asking her about it. or bring up something you like and see if she digs it too. don't want to be mirror of her or not have opinions of your own eh. IMO just starting with some class reference and going from there is again fine, you'll find out whether or not you two have some chemistry soon enough.
>>
>>18175979
True, the more I think about it the best thing for me to do is to just man up and have a solid conversation with her. Fuck it if I see her in my Monday afternoon lecture I'll strike up a convo.
>>
>>18175994
damn straight, good luck anon
>>
>>18176001
Cheers for the advice I'll come back in a few days and update. Hopefully I wont drop my spaghetti
>>
just walk right up to her and be like "ay u wanna fuck"
>>
>>18176005
New to the thread, but go for it anon. I was gonna say you could simply ask her about something she's interested in. You must have some insight into what she cares about; it need not be the main focus of her life, just something she might give a shit about. Like fashion, or vidyas. You don't need to care about it (see: fashion) you just need to show an interest and let her talk about it; her doing so will teach you more about her, and give you more options/ideas about what to talk about next.

The main lesson is not to talk to her, but to ASK her about stuff and let her talk; that's your starting point.

Good luck.
>>
>>18175798
Don't ask her out out of nowhere. Build up to it. Since she's in your course you can legitimately catch her before or after class and say something like "This teacher is tough, isn't she?" That will start a legitimate conversation and you can introduce yourselves and go from there.

Or if you don't share a class, catch her at the snack bar or someplace, introduce yourself and say something like "We're in the same course, but I haven't taken the ____ class yet. Have you? What's it like?"

In either case, after a couple of chats like that you can end a conversation with "It's nice talking with you but we have to run to class now. Would you like to get coffee sometime?"

And if the coffee goes well, THEN you ask her out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.