[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do? I am currently employed, but I saw a job I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1486353100758.jpg (58KB, 820x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486353100758.jpg
58KB, 820x960px
What should I do? I am currently employed, but I saw a job I liked while browsing online about a week ago and sent my resume. They contacted me today and want to schedule an interview, but I'm having second thoughts.

Current job
>Excel monkey
>$35k a year
>Been there about a year-and-a-half
>Very easy job, I know how to do it and some days I literally just browse the internet
>Get along well with coworkers
>1 hour commute

New job
>Accountant
>A lot more responsibilities than my current job
>$45k a year
>Would be better for me professionally as it would be more towards the field I eventually want to be in (I have an accounting bachelors)
>15 minute commute
>I don't have a personality that always meshes well with people, so unknown about how I'd deal with them as coworkers

So should I call them back for the interview? On the pros list are a $10k increase in salary, a shorter commute and developing myself more (professionally speaking). I will be giving up a lot of knowns, though. I know I can currently handle my current position, versus this one which has a ton more shit attached to it. I know I get along well with my coworkers here, versus it being an unknown at this new company. I know I get days where I literally do 2-3 hours of work in an 8 hour shift at my current job, probably not going to happen at the new job based on the "responsibilities" list they had on the posting.
>>
>>18175734
You gotta move on to move up. I say do it. Upward mobility and opportunity for good experience is the most valuable benefit.
>>
why wouldnt you at least try it? U have nothing to lose but a bit of time from your day. It sounds exceptionally better than ur current situation imo, and desu ive not known many accountants who relied on their social charisma to be successful. One of my best friends is a CPA and hes a total social fucktard. Makes 150k a year
>>
For starters, this depends on everything about you.

Getting that new job with more salary and experience for your BSc is really good and I think you'll be fine with the new coworkers if you become more sociable.

But you're writing this because you're concerned about the responsabilities of the new job, so I'm saying this will depend 100% on you, since you must have the will to be more responsable and don't fuck shit up in your first job as an accountant since that will be on your record, Anon.

Not much advise I know but there isn't much I can write for you.
>>
>>18175743
Yeah, good points. Thanks for the input!

>>18175748
>U have nothing to lose
I mean the thing is I interview exceptionally well. I believe I've gotten nearly every job I've interviewed for since I got my first job years ago.

So I think if I go on the interview, shit will get real soon as I'll get an offer. It won't just be a hypothetical like it is now.

I'd only go for the interview if I'm 100% sure I'd take an offer.

>>18175762
Thanks for the post. I agree that it would be good experience. But yeah, this would be my first really real big boy job, so I gotta make sure I'm up to the challenge of handling shit.
>>
>>18175734
don't worry about meshing well with people. just don't try to hard and don't be a dick. these will be people who will know you long term, so even if they think you're a weirdo at first they'll eventually like you because you seem to like them. the mistake i think some people make is to try to be actual friend with their coworkers and that's not something you can really force. if natural friendships develop that's cool but forcing it causes problems in the long run in my opinion.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.