[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents keep pestering me about needing to go outside. Fine,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

My parents keep pestering me about needing to go outside. Fine, I get that. What I don't get is exactly what I am supposed to do when I go outside. Do I wander around until I find something vaguely interesting? What does a person do outside normally?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Yeah when i was 15/16 i had the same thougths, because i think i was comfortable in my home, on my chair, in front of my pc, but growing up i began to feel some kind of "social needs" which everyone has because the human itself is a social creature, so do not worry, unless you're authistic, you will find friends who you'll want to spend time with outside
>>
>>18174938
Well I'm 24 so I'm probably a little bit late in the friend-making business.
>>
>>18174925
My parents used to tell me that as well and I replied I don't want to nor I give a crap about it, and went back to maths and video games.
>>
>>18174951

Propinquity is the word of the day.

Go somewhere where there are people, and pure proximity will open the door to adult friendships.
>>
>>18174965
Lmao dude, that's like the gayest advice.
>>
>>18174965
Somehow I doubt that's gonna work. Would be kinda weird if I went up to strangers and tried to mingle with 'em. Reactions would probably vary between awkward silence and a loud and clear "fuck off nutter, who the bloody 'ell are you?" and so on.
>>
>>18175007
Phrased gayly, perhaps, but the essential part holds.

Go to a gym; meet people. Go to another hobby activity? Also meet people. Spend time in their company. Then, expand from there.
>>
>>18175023

More, hobby clubs/activities and the like. Spend enough time around the same people, and doors can be opened.
>>
>>18175028
>meet people
That's where I hit a brick wall. How do I talk to strangers without intruding on them?
>>
>>18175028
>Just be extroverted dude xD
>>
>>18175039
Easiest option is to have a weekly activity you wan to do, that requires use of a shared space.

Me, I like climbing - if I weren't already at the gym with a friend I could choose to engage familiar faces at the gym in conversation starters, and build over the weeks from acquaintance thru friend.

Same principle applies for regular gym, dojo stuff, hobby meets, motorcycle enthusiasts and so on and so forth.

Find something you want to do, and join the local irl community.
>>
>>18175050
Being extroverted isn't a necessity if you're deep in your preferred activity. Conversing about that activity is as easy an icebreaker as you can get, and given you're in that hobby group...
>>
>>18175053
Might give that a shot. Now for the hard part - figuring out what activity I can fake being interested in without anyone uncovering my plot, and the even harder part - finding out where these people gether or if they even exist in my shitty town...
>>
File: Smells like Heaven.jpg (96KB, 1024x706px) Image search: [Google]
Smells like Heaven.jpg
96KB, 1024x706px
>>18175062
Those ellipsis are really making me think.
>>18174925
>Do I wander around until I find something
Honestly yeah. Just go for walks and listen to music.
>>
Go to the public library. They have computers there. Do your thing there.
>>
>>18175088
>Honestly yeah. Just go for walks and listen to music.
That's probably what'll end up happening if I went out regardless. I have no clue how to do anything else.
>>
>>18174951
>>18174925
People your age typically have interests

clearly, you're an indoors person. This isn't bad.

You're 24. You're well within your right to tell them to fuck off and continue with your vidya and cartoons.
>>
>>18174925
>My parents keep pestering me about needing to go outside.
>>18174951
>I'm 24
Crikey.
>>
What are your hobbies and interests?

Google "<insert hobby or interest here> clubs in the <insert your city here> area."
>>
>>18175746
I pretty much have none. Unless you count passive media consumption as a hobby.
>>18175738
I know I can do that but this whole "outside" place has sparked my curiosity.
>>
>>18174925
yeah, just make a route that would take an hour to walk around, your parents won't really care what you do on the walk but just that you're going outside
>>
>I pretty much have none. Unless you count passive media consumption as a hobby.

Why don't you try a few new things out in that case?
>>
>>18175786
What's there to do outside that isn't something borderline impossible for me like sports and shit
>>
>>18175841
google activities you lazy fuck. There's more out there than fucking sports

Are you in college? Join a club or something.
>>
>>18175897
If I could just google it and come up with an answer that didn't suck, I wouldn't be making this thread now would I?
>>
>>18175927
You'd apparently be surprised by how lazy anons can be.
>>18175785
This is good advice; my daughter goes for walks, between 10 minutes and an hour or so, and I approve of it because she isn't in her room playing fucking Skyrim or on fb messenger.
>>
>>18174951
Get into exercise, a few months into it and you'll quite happily spend 2 hours outside. It'll also allow for you to join any clubs if you're wanting to meet people.
>>
How the hell are you 24 and don't know what to do outside? Like do you literally not know what to do?

I think what you don't need is ideas, rather you need to understand why you don't know what to do.

You don't have any interest outside. You feel like you don't need it. Every moment you spend outdoors, you wonder why you're not heading back inside.

You can resolve this by figuring out how to become interested in something. That is the hole in your mind. Going for a walk is boring as fuck, but if you are interested in something then you will enjoy every second of it. One example: I personally hate walking, but I love politics. So when I walk I stop to admire all the political vandalism/graffiti all over my city.

Think about what you're interested in. What would you do if you had 4 hours to kill? Maybe your interest is to troll 4chan. Then perhaps you would enjoy pranking random people irl.

The point is that you must first understand a legit, honest interest that you have; and then link it to the world outside.

Another example for me is art. I love beauty. I love to hike, alone in the desert, and stare at the cacti for hours. Yeah it's weird but I love looking at all the patterns and imagining little stories.

Another example: I love sex. So I spend time hanging out with girls I like. We just waste time talking, walking, or whatever and I love every moment of it because they are girls and they are pretty. I linked an interest to an activity.

If you don't understand what interests you, then you will never be able to have fun outdoors.

Also consider taking up a creative hobby. Like a real one you can develop for years.
>>
Are you a NEET who has never had a job?
>>
File: Cylce of History.jpg (66KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
Cylce of History.jpg
66KB, 600x719px
>>18174925
You are currently experiencing a state of weakness.
You must have a fighting spirit to deal with your 'problems'.
Daily Reminder:
In any situation, be prepared. Regardless of whether or not it would happen to you.
>>
>>18176104
>How the hell are you 24 and don't know what to do outside? Like do you literally not know what to do?
Haven't the slightest clue. Like, I know people go out drinking and partying or some shit like that, but isn't really my cup of tea.

>I think what you don't need is ideas, rather you need to understand why you don't know what to do.
I already have an understanding of that. It's because I am a loser virgin with no friends. Sue me.

>You don't have any interest outside. You feel like you don't need it. Every moment you spend outdoors, you wonder why you're not heading back inside.
Bingo.

>You can resolve this by figuring out how to become interested in something.
That's what I'm trying to do now isn't it?

>If you don't understand what interests you, then you will never be able to have fun outdoors.
Well isn't that bloody great?

>Also consider taking up a creative hobby. Like a real one you can develop for years.
Creativity isn't my strong point.
>>
>>18176122
I've been working for four years straight now. Before that I went through two other jobs. Employment isn't really an issue for me.
>>
>>18176135
This picture is very true. Question is: what can we do about it?
>>
>>18176351
What's there to do? Let nature sort things out.
>>
>>18176351
Constant war.
>>
(´∀`∩)↑up you go↑
>>
>>18176331
You missed the point. The point is, there isn't a cookie cutter solution. You must connect an interest that you already have with an activity outside. Even if your only interest is to drool away at the TV (or whatever it may be), then there is an activity outdoors that you can link to it.

You will need some intospection. You seem angry and depressed. These emotions will mask your interests. But your interests are still there. You will need to meditate or critique yourself to identify your true passions and interests. One way of learning your interests (and this isnjust an example you can use) is to ask yourself what would you do if you had an entire saturday to yourself? Start from there and think about it.

You also have a egotistical block. this is normal if you've been living the neet life. But it can harm you when you try to answer questions like you did here. Try to take the pressure off yourself. Don't resent your parents for pushing you outdoors. Understand that nobody is threatening you. Removing the ego-wall is possible by simply understanding that it's a bad thing. You may not feel like it, at least right now, because it's there for emotional self-defense purposes. But it's something to think about.

Is it safe to assume that there's more going on between you and your parents?
>>
>all these people acting surprised op doesn't go outside and pretending this is a big issue

Not trying to shitpost, but am I on reddit
>>
>>18177362
ARMCHAIR PSYCHOLOGIST TO THE RESCUE! ready to make assumptions and doll out diagnosis and cure at a moments notice
>>
>>18177438
I never poised to be. Everything I've said is more or less obvious.
>>
>>18174925
Look online for nature trails in your area and go down some of them, or just go to the park
Walk to the convenience store and buy a snack
Walk around your town, go into stores you've never been in before, browse
>>
>>18177362
>You missed the point. The point is, there isn't a cookie cutter solution. You must connect an interest that you already have with an activity outside.
I think I understand what you're trying to say, but I can't seem to make that connection.

>You seem angry and depressed.
I am, yes. How you were able to tell, I don't know.

>One way of learning your interests (and this isnjust an example you can use) is to ask yourself what would you do if you had an entire saturday to yourself? Start from there and think about it.
Therein lies the problem. What I do on just about every day off is the same thing, over and over and over again. When I wake up, there are no ideas that just pop into my head. I just get up, do my morning nonsense, then sit at the computer all day. Once that seemed preferable to me, exciting even, but it has since lost its luster.

>You also have a egotistical block. this is normal if you've been living the neet life.
As I stated in my previous post (>>18176336), I have a job.

>Don't resent your parents for pushing you outdoors.
I don't. In fact, they're right. All I do is go to work, then come home and do essentially nothing. This is why I asked what a person normally does outside instead of asking how to get my parents off my back.

>Is it safe to assume that there's more going on between you and your parents?
There isn't, really. Well, to be honest when I say my parents, I mean my mother. My father died last year. Not that that's a factor, since they'd been divorced since I was about 10.
>>
>>18177615
>go into stores you've never been in before, browse
This actually sounds like an interesting idea. I'll do that as soon as I have some extra money to spend.
>>
So anybody else got some ideas?
>>
I am in the same situation as OP. Can someone please just suggest something to fucking do? I don't even care what it is. I literally have no idea what I'm suppose to do outside.
>>
>>18174925
>Pic unrelated.

No, it is actually very related to your issue kek
>>
>>18175007
indeed
go stand behind some dude
>hey man you want a handy?
>>
>>18178793
You are approaching the problem the wrong way. We can suggest things all day, but eventually you will get bored and miserable.

You must take an interest that you already have, and connect it to something outdoors. That is the only way.

This will take some introspection. But from the temperment of you and OP, I doubt you are ready to try. You would be better off staying indoors, rather than needlessly pushing yourself outdoors in futility and misery.
>>
>>18178796
You keep my gook cartoons outta this :--DDDDD
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.