[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll keep this short: How do you start a conversation on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1458888024174.jpg (17KB, 425x322px) Image search: [Google]
1458888024174.jpg
17KB, 425x322px
I'll keep this short:
How do you start a conversation on a dating site?
How do you keep it going/keep it interesting?

Looking for long term fyi
pic semi-related.
>>
>>18174760

>how do you start a conversation on a dating site

mostly by messaging them. beyond that, many many ways. if there was a one size fits all then there'd be nothing unique about relationshipss.

but thats kind of the problem with dating sites, and modern dating culture in general, you guys dont treat relationships like they are anything special, you treat them like a toaster brand, one thats hard to find but that you can just go get to fulfill a need.

looking for long term is a dumb statement to make when you don't have any girls you're interested in.

Imagine you don't have a job and you're going around saying 'I'm looking for a 1 year lease'.
>>
>>18174760

>Don't use a pickup line
>Mention something on their profile to prove you read it and care about them beyond their looks
>continue to talk about said thing
>End all messages with a question

There you go

The goal is to meet in person. The conversation needs to end with a plan for a date.
>>
>>18174797
>looking for long term is a dumb statement
>Imagine you don't have a job and you're going around saying 'I'm looking for a 1 year lease'.
It's like saying I want a long term job or career instead of a summer job mowing lawns. There's clearly going to be different actions involved in achieving your goals.

>>18174801
>>Mention something on their profile
>profile is sparce or empty
What do
>>
>>18174810

no, its like trying to get a 1 year lease without a job. you need to get a job first.

regardless of analogy and metaphor looking for an arrangement does not lead to having a relationship. you can't treat people like toasters.

>profile space is empty

try not being autistic
>>
>>18174822
>try not being autistic
You first
>>
>>18174839

I already have a girlfriend.

nice try though.
>>
>>18174760

Long term relationships are based on common interests. Let's say you're female (can't tell) and a guy you're interested in like sports. But you don't like sports.

Well, he wants to fucking talk sports all the time, are you going to fake it the rest of your life? Why?

Find people that want to talk about things YOU want to talk about. Then see it you want to add the spice of sexual attraction.

Or just go by looks, and roll the dice to see if you'll like them long term. The first method will be way more effective, but most people choose the 2nd route because they're fucking morons.
>>
>>18174900
My main problem here is just translating that into dating sites, since I'm an old fuck at heart.
>>
>>18174962
As anons here mentioned, the main thing is to find common ground with the person and converse about that.
The only other thing is to steer it towards meeting sooner than later. Seems like some women tend to take it longer then others to meet though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.