[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been planning to move 500 miles from my hometown to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1483394959404.jpg (182KB, 996x679px) Image search: [Google]
1483394959404.jpg
182KB, 996x679px
I've been planning to move 500 miles from my hometown to get a new start, I have a nice job lined up in this new state and a house with reasonable rent as well. The problem is I only have family where I currently live and I'm not sure how they are going to take the news.
Am I being stupid trying to move so far away or is this the proper step for my life?
>>
I've been having a hard time living in my hometown. The rent is too much here and I've lost two apartments already. I can't get ahead here I'm almost 22 and have no idea if I have a future here
>>
Bump for some help
>>
Do it. It's not dumb to want a change. We can't say whether it's a "proper step," but you seem to have your plans together. I moved away from my family over a decade ago and am happy with it.
Worst case is you move back, which hopefully won't be a big deal.
>>
I moved 1,700 miles away. My father took it pretty harshly in that I'm his only child and I'm his daughter, but he never was really against it at all. He said he felt regret for his own father tying him down to a floundering local economy which restricted him to a job he loathes. He feels his future grandchildren will have more opportunities where I am now.

I am able to make savings,investments, and build up credit in the exact same profession in the place I moved to, unlike where I was born and raised.

When my mother died and when I gave him the news I was moving far away were the only times I've ever known my father to cry. Ever.

But we talk every other day, Skype once a week, and visit each other once or twice a year. He is happier over all for me, or so he says. I know I am, and I'm now pregnant with my first. All I desire is their well being and happiness, and if that means they must move away, so be it.
>>
In the bigger picture, would you let your family hold you back for you to resent them later?
>>
You'll be fine, communication lines will remain open and if you want you can always return at a later date.

And really, they shouldn't have a problem with you growing either.
>>
Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it, I've decided it is time for me to better myself so one day I can treat my family to what they deserve
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.