[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help deciding whether I should get a degree or go working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1456950540191.png (119KB, 295x297px) Image search: [Google]
1456950540191.png
119KB, 295x297px
I need help deciding whether I should get a degree or go working right after school. I will be graduating school of logistics and transport (also inclused economy and accounting) and many people say I may get only some badly paid dead-end job. Im from eastern Europe so education is terrible here. Im an A grade student but I dont know if 4 years of uni are worth it. If I go for a degree I want to get the one you need for teaching (forgot what it´s called in english). Teaching is quite easy and your wage increases based on how many years you work as a teacher (although the wage for starting teachers is terrible). What do you think bros? I feel like if I only have secondary school, I will be lumped into one bag with all the retards that barely graduated
>>
Weigh the pros and cons of each option, research the lost opportunity cost and make an educated decision.
>>
>>18174245
>Lost opportunity cost
>educated decision
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>18174241
Supply Chain Management (sounds somewhat similar to yours) graduates have good opportunities in America.

I wouldn't teach though man unless you really have a passion for it.
>>
>>18174241
Should it be possible, work while pursuing your degree. It's possible since I've had some of my co-worker in labs doing it.

The pros:
-Get years of work experiences
-While getting money needed to pay the education
-Have opportunity for getting more connections
-Will get that piece of paper that say you're different than other retards (got a degree)
-That said piece of paper, disregard the grade or GPA still counts in adding your worth in employers' eyes

The cons:
-Hard to balance between career and academics one will suffer.
-You'll often not considered for promotion yet since employer would hesitate with your "commitment" to company
-It'll eat lots of your fun free times
>>
>>18174275
You are describing american uni life. I repeat Im from eastern Europe. Education is actually much much cheaper here (no student loans needed unless you are from dirt poor family). My sister actually did work while also studying and gave up after two years because she landed a great job. But my sister is a 10/10 model... Im a friendless virgin even though Im 18. It is expected of you to have lots of connections already if you aren´t planning to go to university
>>
>>18174292
I'm describing Asian's uni life though. At least the one I'm living myself.

It's your choice if you want to focus on your career, but if the education indeed cheaper where you live, and it can add a lot to your perceived value (which will count towards your wages/promotion chances in employer eyes), why not doing it?

Nowadays there's a bullshit where if you want to get promoted you have to be at least have a degree to be even considered into the position.
I've been worked in a factory before where skilled experienced workers get passed for the promotion to upper positions and wage raise because they don't have a fucking piece a paper (degree)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.