[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>21 years old >Work as security guard >Live with parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1483032089244.jpg (99KB, 743x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483032089244.jpg
99KB, 743x800px
>21 years old
>Work as security guard
>Live with parents
>Haven't left town I've grown up in

A lot of people say life is passing them by when they're not moving around, but what do they mean by this?

There's so much to be learned and processed just in speaking with other human beings in my town.

I can drive to Houston if I want to speak to radically different people, but people in big cities are mentally detached from the fact that people have emotions and thoughts, and they're otherwise exactly the same as the people in my hometown.

I can't shake the feeling that human beings are all the same where ever you go despite racial, financial, and sexual differences.

Does anybody have a counter argument to this? I can't see a real reason to travel the world, or even the USA for that matter.
>>
>>18174130
I see the same things everywhere I turn no matter my location in this world.

Why do I need to go anywhere to be more knowledgeable and experienced? There's so much information where I currently reside.
>>
>>18174130
You certainly do know a lot about people in places you've never been to.

And ultimately, you're right in a way: People are people no matter where you go. But their experiences may actually be different than yours.

And there isn't any reason you have to travel the world. People do it because they like to. They like to see new things. Taste new foods. See new sights. It's enjoyable.
>>
>>18174130

The world is a beautiful place. It's full of life and culture and history and we live in a country that doesn't have much of any of those things.

My argument isn't for traveling around the united states.

I have a job that has flown me all over the country and there are several parts to see...I think it's good to see the west coast and the east coast and compare and contrast life styles and cultures there.

But my argument would be that you need to see places that have history and places that have a rich cultural heritage based purely on the amount of time that they have existed.

I loved Europe - seeing how their various cultures have developed over time and how the architecture, religion, art has all flowed into daily life wasn't life changing like people want you to think...but it certainly opened my eyes to the possibility of what is possible in the world. Meeting people that had passions and professions was legitimately inspiring - people that don't just work a 9-5 like you do lit a fire under me to set goals and achieve things that I didn't think I would ever do pesonally.

So I find inspiration in travel and meeting new people and I find appreciation for the things we have understanding where things like our language came from...and visiting places that were obviously less fortunate than us made me appreciate our way of life.

Now...you could argue that you can get all of that from watching tv or reading books or magazines....but intellectually knowing something and viscerally experiencing it are two vastly different things.

I say go see things, meet new and interesting people and enjoy life outside of your town and your parent's house.

You're young and you can save up money to travel now.

Go do it!
>>
>>18174130
Yea people are sort of the same on a base level, they all want happiness, food, gainful employment, purpose, and all that jazz. Doesn't mean they are bad people and that they don't have anything to offer. I've met some really cool people from foreign countries and made some lifelong friends.

Life is too short to stay in your town. You can literally be anywhere on the globe in under a day and be back in a few days or however long you want. I mean there's nothing wrong with not wanting to do this either, but my fondest memories are of seeing new things.

As they say don't knock it till you try it, and if you do keep an open mind and you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>18174130
>A lot of people say life is passing them by when they're not moving around, but what do they mean by this?

Very true. I've been back on the east coast for 5 years. I still live with my family, I still play video games daily, I do work and do have hobbies but I don't have any friends, just acquaintances. Those 5 years fucking flew by. It feels like just last month I moved back.
>>
>>18174130
Fine. You've got the right attitude that it is the quality of your experiences and not just the variety that matters.

Many people can't see quality beyond a surface, and need variety.

And there's nothing wrong with variety. You don't have to have run out of resources where you are to be curious about the different resources elsewhere you might not be aware of.
>>
>>18174130
You seem to be the kind of person who find enjoyment in quality not mere quantity or variety, and I think that's good.

From what I've seen nowadays lots people are just fixated on variety and quality, but only touch the outer shell, sledom they dive deeper.

But again, while people are just people everywhere with same basic needs and essentials, it's not a reason to not traveling or seeing other parts of world.
Travel to anywhere of your choosing and likes, but focus on getting a quality experience, dive deeper than just following a tour guide who only shows you tourists spots or resorts.
>>
I'm 24 and just now trying to move out, OP.

Don't sweat it. I work as an EMT in an ER. Probably make the same as you. Save your money. Buy a cute little condo. Live your life.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.