[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a highschooler and I'm interested in a career in business.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 129640.png (407KB, 720x847px) Image search: [Google]
129640.png
407KB, 720x847px
I am a highschooler and I'm interested in a career in business.
I take physics and mathematics and they are very boring classes, studying politics and economics entrigues me much more.

It's funny how everyone in my class is falling for the engineering meme, they will certainly be working for me eventually whether they like it or not in the near future.

Do careers in finance (banking) require you to have autism?
Or is that autism very miniscule when comparing it to the autism that engineers, mathematicians and scientists poses?
>>
Probably not the best place for these questions m8 this is 4chinz
>>
If you're not good at math and physics, you won't get far in the field of finance or economics. They require lots of math too. Best advice is to be such a conceited high school kid, you have no idea what your future is actually like. For example, one day you will realize you are not as smart as you think you are.
>>
>>18173950
they require up to calculus, not autistic linear algebra and theoretical physics like science and engineering.

p.s. also one day you will be working for me.
>>
>>18173885
Good for you for going against the tide.

A story my dad told me: In the 1980s the word on the high school grapevine (and among parents) was that you had to study business to get a job. And by the 1990s the world was knee-deep in unemployed ex-business majors because there were so many of them.

We're on the edge of that with STEM, and certainly will be by the time you're out of college.

Banking actually doesn't require a lot of math. You need a lot of macro-economics and a lot of basic business savvy.

And don't overlook liberal arts courses among your electives. On the executive level they look for people with some culture more than technicians.
>>
>>18174085
>>18174283

Children, all of the banking major's stock auto-failsafes where made by MIT geniuses

A good portion of the stock market's falling knives were because some algorithm got tripped by their fail safes
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.