[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would one use "I wish" sarcastically? I was arguing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: fkZu729.jpg (251KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
fkZu729.jpg
251KB, 1000x1500px
How would one use "I wish" sarcastically?

I was arguing with my spouse and he told me he'd only made out with his ex twice and I said wasn't it more and he very sarcastically remarked, "I wish"

He's over her though and has been for two years so it's really confused me what he meant

Help
>>
>>18173798

This is pretty simple; i'm assuming its hard for you to see it due to your overt engagement in the situation.

For example, I like eating burritos and always talk about it to my friend. I tell him I had 1 burrito last week. He says, "Wait, I thought you had 10 burritos last week?" I say wistfully, "Hah, 'I wish'. But I ran out of money on Monday".

Very simply, in your case means he wishes that he had made out with his ex more. It has the exact same meaning as the phrase, "If only".

On the other hand, and this is a lot more complex, if his mannerism was very sarcastic, it could possibly have meant like, "You'd like that, wouldn't you". That is, sort of accusing you of accusing him that he wanted to be sexual with his ex more, because that would give you the moral high-ground in the argument.
>>
>>18173821

But can he say this without still being into her?
That's the bit I'm confused about. I called him out on it and he said he has no desire to make out with her more.
>>
>>18173845
It's too hard to say without context. He could've meant: I wish, I was so into her. Or he could've meant: I wish(ed), she was frigid about it so there was no way that was going to happen. In which case it would reflect badly on her.
>>
>>18173845
You dated Timmy. Timmy was a bit of a tool in bed and he got you off just twice in three years. You spent three years having mediocre sex. You broke up with Timmy and now you're dating Johnny. You're happy with Johnny and sex with Johnny is great.
After fucking Johnny and having a bunch of orgasms, you comment:
>I got off during sex just twice while was dating Timmy
>"Oh, wasn't it more?"
>I wish!
Meaning that you wish you didn't have to go through three years of mediocre sex with Timmy, not that you'd fuck him again.

So your boyfriend doesn't wish he could make out with his ex again, he just wishes that when they were together they were a bit more passionate.
>>
>>18173798
I don't think he was being sarcastic.
>>
>>18173845

Yes of course as >>18173880 deftly outlines.

Being sexual within a relationship is an objectively good thing that one can wish for their past selves, regardless of present circumstances.
Another example: Lets say I'm an adult who had abusive parents. I could say, "I wish my parents hadn't been such dicks and loved me." You could say, "Do you want them to love you now?" And I could say, "Fuck no. I haven't talked to them in 10 years; I want nothing to do with them. But, as a child, It would have very been good to have received affection from them."

For the sake of your bf's past self, he can innocently say that he wishes he made out with his ex more, while they were together.

But, what *is* the context here? Were you discussing your boyfriend making out with his ex while they were together? Or was this some kind of cheating scenario where he made out with his ex after they broke up/while you and he were together?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.