[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everybody, We have a cat-plague in our neighbourhood.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0

Hello everybody,

We have a cat-plague in our neighbourhood. None of them are feral but the dirty creatures keep crapping all over my yard. I live in not the best area and it appears everyone on benefits needs to own a minumum of 1 cat, so you can imagine the horrible stench during summer. At one point there were 5 of the fuckers lounging in my yard at once. I've trown water on them but that's pointless, they come back. On top of that I am concerned about the many diseases their poop spreads. I like working in the yard and mine is the only one that looks half decent on our block, but I don't want to grab into catshit and get ill.

I am contemplating getting a cat repellent spray with fox pheromones or maybe cow dung granules. I won't get the high-pitched noice apparature cause it gives me a headache. Sprinklers I find way too exspensive.

Now my question is, have any of those sprays ever worked for you? Other tips that don't mean I have to spend 100+ on keeping freaking other people's misbehaving pets out?
>>
>>18173780

The gel repellents are useful but you can also throw down orange peels in the garden area. Cats hate citrus and onion so maybe planting onions will help too
>>
>>18173780
Those noise things never work. I tried the rat version of them and they still kept coming. It's said they don't like old perculated coffee grounds spread around. This works more for small gardens though. If the cats have a collar they usually have the owner's phone nr on it. Call them up and tell them to take better care of their fucking cat, because they like sitting in your yard more. We had around 5 cats in our garden from the same owner once. Reason being the lady next door was a cat lady and fed them properly. Back at their owners all they got was abuse and hard food. So naturally they went where it's 10x better. It's tough because once the cats are comfortable it's very difficult to get rid of them. You need to constantly remind them not to sit in your yard. And cats rrly don't give a shit about what you have to say.
>>
>>18173782
It's pretty big area, I've tried to put some peels down already but I'd have to start exclusively eat citrus to cover everything. I'll plant some onion around their 'routes' Thanks for the tip, I'll also see if I can get some of the gel repellent. Summer is nearing and serious measures have to be taken(well, without physically harming the cats) before the smell gets unbearable.
>>
>>18173788
Yeah, I've been emptying the coffee grounds in the garden for weeks now but it'll take me forever to get it covered.

I know were most of the cats come from, problem is I'm the minority in wanting the cats to leave. Most cat-owners seem like horrible pet-owners though. Not all, but most. I once tried to contact my neighboor when I saw her cat had hurt his back leg. She never even replied to my message.
>>
>>18173780
Shoot them
>>
personally, get a dog, plant some cat mint in some other garden or learn bow hunting.

Also invest in Laser pointers
>>
Get a shotgun instead, that'll solve the problem real fast.

Fuck outdoor cats, do you know how damaging to the environment those things are? But no one does anything because OMG ITS SOOOOOO CUUUTE!!!
>>
>>18174003
Yeah go ahead and shoot someone's pet, asshole. Just don't be surprised if no one in the neighborhood wants anything to do with you.

And yes outdoor cats cause harm but what are you going to do, lock a cat up indoors like it's a bird in a cage? Most people don't want to get an animal just to severely limit its life.
>>
>>18174015
Not letting your cat roam free outside and ruin other people's property isn't "limiting it's life." These people are just shit tier pet owners and don't actually give a fuck about their cats.

OP I would let the neighbors know if they don't control their animals the next time you see them in your yard they'll be taken to the shelter.
>>
>>18174021
Uh, yes it is, by any definition of the world. You are robbing him of rolling in the sand in the sunlight, of interacting with other cats (yes some cats like each other), climbing trees, smelling nature, being able to run far and wide, spreading their scent freely.

Aka, most of their natural behavior.
>>
>>18174023
>Uh, yes it is, by any definition of the world
Uh, no it isn't.

You can let your cat outside. Just supervise it, keep it on your property instead of letting it shit in other people's yards. You fucking retard.
>>
>>18174023
Cats are not wild fucking animals. They are domesticated house pets. They do not need to roam free outside.
>>
>>18174027
>supervise it, keep it on your property
Have you ever owned a cat? They're not dogs you can push around. You can put them on a leash (which makes many so miserable that they will just drop down and refuse to move until it's taken off) and that's about the extent you can control them.

Obviously some cats are really slow paced and will let you pick them up at will, but that's not the norm. Many are quick as water and will just jump right through a bush before you can blink.

>>18174031
So what? How does them not being wild animals mean they are "above" their natural desires? Would you not find it sad to "walk" a dog on the threadmill instead of letting it go outside?

People are not wild creatures anymore either, doesn't mean we don't want to have our base instincts satisfied.

Using their senses, smelling other animals, stretching and jumping is what they do for play and relaxation.
>>
>>18174034
t. retarded cat owner who's cat is shitting on OP's back porch right now, will probably end up getting in a fight with another cat and getting FIV or inadvertently ingesting antifreeze or motor oil and die a horrible death
>>
>>18174043
Nice argument. Yeah going out into the world comes with risks but the alternative is worse to me. You also risk all kinds of stuff when having sex or doing drugs or even leaving your house but I bet you think a shorter, full life is better than not living at all.

And for what it's worth, I'm not an Amerifag, where I live any cat is an outdoors cat.
>>
for context I work at a stray intake animal shelter

>>18173780
you could invest in a cat fence, I've heard good things about citrus based repellents when used frequently enough. There's also ultrasonic animal repellents that use sound, and theres also motion activated water sprinklers like CatStop

as far as shitting goes, another option is to have a large litterbox in your yard in one specific area, if they're given a more appealing location than you garden bed, they're more likely to shit there instead. that's assuming you don't want to use something like CatScat that's like a physical covering

>>18173999
>get a dog
bad idea. if free roaming cats are permitted in anon's city, and the dog gets ahold of the cat and severely injures or kills it, anon wild be liable for damages and the dog may be euthanized if it's a repeated incident. even if the dog is in a fenced yard on their property when the attack occurs.

>>18174003
>>18174015
you're both idiots but here's the deal

If you live in a county where cats are legally allowed to roam and you take a free roaming cat to a shelter when they are not in medical crisis and you know of the owner, you just commited animal theft. That's why most shelters flat out don't accept cats wearing a collar. bad idea.

and shooting the cats is a nice easy way to get charged with animal cruelty. if they're legally allowed to roam, you can't shoot them for being on your property. Sucks, but that's how it is.

that being said, fuck owners who let their cats free roam. Lazy pieces of shit that aren't willing to properly care for their pet and bother to give them an enriched life without tossing them on the street where they'll probably become roadkill, then once the city picks up their pancake cat people like me have to examine their dead body to try and find out if there's even an owner looking for them. They put so much unneeded strain on the shelter system. they're shitty owners
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=plant+to+repel+cats

Coleus canina
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.