[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it considered shoplifting if you just throw money on the counter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 18-Moon.jpg (14KB, 200x343px) Image search: [Google]
18-Moon.jpg
14KB, 200x343px
Is it considered shoplifting if you just throw money on the counter and leave while there's a long line at the gas station?
>>
>>18173020

Yes, because the clerk doesn't know what you bought, isn't going to be able to ring you up for what was taken, and can't put the money in the register for what was taken on the shift. He may as well put that money in his pocket because his register is going to show up as over if he puts it in the drawer.
>>
>>18173020

morally? no. legally? yes. id only recommend doing this in the most dire of cases, not anytime you're just annoyed and gonna be late for work.

ive done this twice in my life, though not in a gas station example.

in one instance we were served ice cream, then waited in line (at rite aid) and no one was there for 5 minutes so i just threw down some money and left.

the second time was at the place where i host lectures, they have a sort of 'snack bar' type deal, but no one mans it until 12. meanwhile there are delicious lemon baked cookies there for 3 dollars a pack.

my boss and I were hungry so we put down three bucks and just took the cookies and went. some guy came over and yelled at us that we cant take that we said 'we left money' and just kept on walking.
>>
>>18173020
Who cares? You have done the thing you are morally required to do. If they didn't want customers to do it, they should hire somebody to take care of the line issue.

You're a better man than many for even leaving money at all.
>>
What kind of third world city do you live in where you can't pay for gas at the pump?
>>
I don't know but it's a good way to be top candidate for rudest customer during their shift.
>>
>>18173496
Obviously you have never worked in retail before

>>18173035
This guy gets it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.