[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm on my first year of CS and I have an idea for a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1489867027505.png (947B, 416x454px) Image search: [Google]
1489867027505.png
947B, 416x454px
I'm on my first year of CS and I have an idea for a new tinder kind of app.

Basically my idea is like tinder meets facebook, what this mean is that beyond seeking people near, you find people with similar interest and hobbies as you.

I have find ugly or average males have no chance on tinder, like myself, so I think girls would like more an app to find potential partners based on tastes rather than a first physical impression.

I do think tinder don't let you seek potential long term partners and facebook doesn't let you seek new friends that live near you.
>>
I'm no expert but I'm fairly sure that it's not different enough from other apps out there to distinguish it. Happn for example is an app that is more like a regular dating profile than tinder (I think, from the descriptions I read) and based on who lives/moves near you and you cross paths with already naturally. (Like taking the same bus or working at the same place.)

Besides you want to generate a buzz and also make sure plenty of women use your product and your idea sounds like something that's not that interesting to women. After all, cute girls have the luxury of selecting on looks first, then choosing from the guys they deem cute to select on compatiblity and charm.
>>
>>18172461
I dunno if I'm a bad sales man, but my idea isn't unique to hookup, more like the bridge between facebook and tinder.

Is meant to meet new people, unlike facebook that lives near you and share your interest.

maybe I should drop out the hookup part.
>>
>>18172468
Nah, I think it's just that I'm not that well versed in social media. I actually never even had facebook. I know a bit of what's out there but only because it does interest me on a more distant level.

I do think that's cool, but I woul add another twist that sets it apart. Like people needing to present a bit of text that cannot concern literally their own person, instead of a profile picture. (A favorite quote, an everyday observation, an opinion, whatever. Or even what they think a good friendship looks like, or what activity they would most like to enjoy with a new acquaintance.) Basically leave the hook up stuff straight behind and head for a whole other way of sparking potential interest.

And yeah I would drop the hook up part in this case. I think those kind of apps rely much more on being hip and flashy and in that regard you're not going to win with compatiblity over sexy pictures.
>>
>>18172485
yeah, I do think I should drop the hookup part, but I still like the idea of having an app like tinder that shows me where I can find near people that likes anime, or my favorite sport team or likes a certain movie or likes to draw.

That could be something more interesting to me than what I see on facebook and tinder.
>>
>>18172494
I completely agree, the thing is that friendship is a bit more... I don't know, usually kind of a slow burner compared to relationships?

If two people are awkward around each other but also feel sexual attraction, that will help them overcome the awkwardness. Two people sympathetic towards each other but a bit uncomfortable... they don't really have many social tools to overcome that, or even make it really clear that they would like to be friends. It's cute in movies, in real life flat out telling someone you barely know that you need a friend or want to build a platonic connection is hardly normal.
The biggest issue I see arising here is that you can't really break chemistry between people down into set factors. It's nice to know you have a topic to talk about, but even being able to chat smoothly online does not guarantee that you'll click in real life.

Not saying this to burn down your idea, I'm more thinking out loud. I do think that there's potential there as a lot of people are struggling with how to make and find new friends, especially after college when being classmates doesn't happen anymore.
>>
>>18172506
yeah, I'm talking about personal experience, I used to think college will be this great hookup experience and I discovered is actually hard and people are simply afraid.

I just want to meet girls, but they seem distant and afraid to talk.
>>
>>18172516
Yeah absolutely. I hate to sound like a babyboomer but I do feel discouraged if I see people my age who cannot even sit at a cafe by themselves or wait on someone without burying themselves in their phone because they don't know what else to do or how to carry themselves. Let alone talking to someone they don't know.

As is I still think the best way to meet people is through hobby events/clubs, volunteering, local festivals or concerts, stuff like that. It's not for nothing that most people meet their partner in college or at work: you get to look past your first impression and it's less "scary" to interact because you have a social script, it's not as "freestyle" as just striking up a conversation with someone out of the blue.
>>
>>18172533
yeah, I'm already burned out to try to meet new girls, because they will give me their phone after I wasted a lot of energy trying to entertain her for some minutes, then they delete my phone conversation even in my own eyes.

Is pretty bad.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.