[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think my boyfriend thinks I'm stupid or something. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0777.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0777.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
I think my boyfriend thinks I'm stupid or something. He always makes little comments about my intelligence or understanding. He's a mathematician, I'm a teacher and part time children's entertainer.

>Hehe, don't hurt yourself
>It's alright, I don't expect you to understand
>Daww, looking at one of my grownup books? (It was Meditations by Aurelius)
>Theeeere ya go!
>No shit Sherlock

It really hurts my feelings when he talks like this. When I mention it he just acts like he's only playing around or it's just his personality.
>>
>>18172181
Sit him down. Make him understand.
>>
>>18172181
> I'm a teacher and part time children's entertainer.
hmmm now what would make him think that.......
>>
>>18172181

Yeah, he's a condescending cunt. Even if he were the smarter one of you two, acting like this towards you is not okay. Generally being condescending or purposefully insulting towards your significant other is an asshole thing to do. He might think it a running joke between you two, but if you don't feel like that you have to tell him to cut it out. If he doesn't take the hint, then it might b a real issue.
>>
Get some self-respect and leave this piece of shit. I don't care if your IQ is 90, this is not an acceptable way to ever talk to someone you deem good enough to love and fuck you.

Best case scenario here is that he's so self centered that he cannot possibly put himself in your shoes and realize that his behavior is infuriating.
Worst case scenario is that he's trying to undermine your self esteem and just playing dumb when you confront him.

You have told him like an adult that it hurts you and is not okay. What else can you do? Try to put on an act and give him the same attitude, see how he likes it?
I'd leave if I were you before I had to resort to such inane, childish shit, and just head straight for someone who takes you seriously.
>>
>>18172181
I would never make a comment like this to my gf, but I understand where he's coming from. Most mathematicians are slight sociopaths anyways, im in a higher stem field but not math. My gf is a daycare teacher. Often times it's frustrating hearing about her hardships and being a part of her problems knowing that my profession and problems are much harder and she can't empathize because she can't grasp how hard im working. Obviously this doesn't justify it at all. But along side telling him to quit the shit, maybe ask him if that's the reason he does it, because he isn't getting the validation he wants.
>>
>>18172181
Women ARE stupid, that's why he treats you like your retarded
>>
>>18172305
This
>>
>>18172305
/thread
And apparently it worked since you're his gf.
>>
>>18172181
>It really hurts my feelings when he talks like this. When I mention it he just acts like he's only playing around or it's just his personality.

Ehh.... sorry to say but this sounds like a personality problem...

As in... this shit probably isn't ever going to really change.

Bring it up.
Seriously.
Impress upon him that if this doesn't stop, this is a real, substantial issue.

And if that doesn't work, your only option is to leave.

Don't be with someone who doesn't respect and see you as an equal, because in the long run that will both harm your OWN self-respect, and it will also risk creating resentments that will make this relationship (and potential FUTURE relationships) one that is filled unhappiness and dysfunctionality.
>>
>>18172305
>Women ARE stupid
>like your retarded

Nice.

Also women and men still have the same median IQ.

>>18172263
It's your responsibility to either seek out a partner who feels like your equal, or to work around feeling like you are mismatched intellectually. Getting together with someone you look down upon then getting upset with them for not meeting your standards is pretty... dumb.
>>
>>18172181
>Daww, looking at one of my grownup books? (It was Meditations by Aurelius)

jesus christ, leave this fucking loser already. You're the most important person in your life and you need to respect yourself before anyone else respects you, but don't wait for this guy to start.
>>
>>18172181
If you tolerate his bullshit despite being hurt by it ... you are stupid, just not in a way he means. Also most of the examples sound rather like dumb jokes, which doesn't really matter.
>>
wow, your man is emotionally retarded. if he already knows that it bothers you but still continues to do it, he is not respecting your emotions/you. I taught children for a few years, and came to understand most educators tend to have very high emotional intelligence to be able to properly educate. He doesnt deserve your patience. He sounds insecure. Have u ever tried to respond in the same way? What happens then?
>>
File: IMG_0643.jpg (86KB, 525x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0643.jpg
86KB, 525x768px
>>18172871
Whenever I contest his intelligence he becomes furious and won't talk to me for a while

I once got upset and asked why he got passed up for valedictorian in high school and university so he said I should stop talking shit I know nothing about
>>
>>18173003
keep doing shit like this for a while and then when you're done dump this insecure retarded faggot
>>
Wow, i am really sad for you, like genuinely... he sounds so fucking insecure and disgusting. Let him marry his math homework while you find someone else who is worth your time
>>
Bring it up with tears in your eyes. If he doesn't stop after seeing it makes you cry, then he's a real jerk.

If it can't make you cry then it isn't really bothering you that much.
>>
>>18173003
Holy shit you're just as retarded as he is.

You turned it into a competition, way to go. You both lose.
>>
>>18172263
Having worked both in a STEM field (currently) and as a teacher (previously), I can say that while your job is probably more intellectually demanding, it's not necessarily *harder*, and probably isn't as exhausting as working with kids all day.

Low-skill jobs are not always "easier," they are just low-skill.

Failure to understand this is one of the many reasons people dislike STEM types, and I say this as a STEM type.
>>
Your boyfriend has a superiority complex, which is an extreme form of inferiority complex.

Simply put, he is extremely insecure and will go so far as to actually put other people down to feel better about himself. The fact that he flies off the handle if you dare to challenge him is a dead giveaway, along with his constant denigration of you. GTFO of there. You're not his gf, you're his wet hole that makes him feel good about his life.
>>
>>18173365
This. OP should leave her insecure, asshole boyfriend ASAP.
>>
>>18172181
Okay, it's just his personality. Now, why would you want to be with someone who's personality is so shitty?

Seriously, why would you want to be with someone that talks down to you and belittles you?
>>
>>18172181
He is projecting.
>>
hes a dumb cunt who is semi illiterate and wont understand what hes reading even if his life depends on it

typical stemtard
>>
>>18172263
>>18173363

I've worked both menial/manual labor and research laboratory jobs. A lot of times, the manual labor job left me more mentally and of course physically exhausted than my cush research gig.

Given the long lab hours, dealing with everyone at the other job was taxing, especially when dealing with different level IQ's, motivation and character.
>>
>>18172373
100 is ALWAYS the median IQ...
>>
The only bad one is "I don't expect you to understand". He could just be saying the other in an ironic way. I may be wrong tho
>>
>>18172372
Very much this
You have to communicate with him and if he's not going to change then fuck em
>>
>>18172181

I didn't read all the comments - but the best thing to do is just tell him.

I did that to my wife too and she confronted me and I realized that I was absolutely being a condescending jerk and it was a habit that I had started that needed to stop.

It opened a good line of communication for us.
>>
>>18172181
>picture of a minion
>I'm a teacher and part time children's entertainer

careful, he might be right...
>>
>>18172181

Respect is a requirement for a good relationship. If he just has a stupid satirical sense of humor but he actually respects you, that's fine. Doesn't sound like it though.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.