[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do women play intellectual roles and give them up the second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: whats-wrong.jpg (276KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
whats-wrong.jpg
276KB, 964x964px
Why do women play intellectual roles and give them up the second they are challenged? All it does its fuck me up the ass and help me lose real estate very quickly. You would think making your way socially would be easy, but if the person who opened the floor for intellectual discussion suddenly finds it inconvenient and bows out, there isn't much for other people to do but pick at scraps. Is there some sort of behavior mechanism for this kind of retardation or am I just being stupid?
>>
>>18171833

>am i just being stupid

maybe. depends on the context. tell us the story.
>>
>>18171836
It happened a lot. Ever since high school I would have a talk about something that's a little high brow, join into a high brow discussion or the class would be talking about something that required technical validation. There would be a woman overseeing the topic, and as soon I come to ask a question or provide any sort of commentary, she just bows out and thinks its okay. Saying something like, "yeah, well I guess," or just completely ignoring the fact that someone asked her for her opinion. It doesn't make sense. Why would you pretend to be smart? You can't pretend to be smart. It's an oxymoron.

You see someone visibly trying to make friends, especially with those who are smart or intellectual and you make that ten times harder to do by making him seem like a chauvinist or some overly intellectual brocade. It's stupid. This is the reason I don't have a lot of friends in intellectual society, because the women who always introduce me to them validate me first by proxy.
>>
Sounds like you and your partner show houses to potential buyers, partner says something related to buyers job/ hobby, leaves you to finish the conversation you didn't start.

I'd imagine she is trying to get your reputation put under scrutiny, give it she's leading you and what is your career into a corner.
>>
File: 1469640542641.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1469640542641.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>18171852

>you can't pretend to be smart
>its an oxymoron
>>
>>18171865
She treats me like complete shit every time.

Why would you fucking start a conversation about criminology as a white woman and fucking make for the hills the second a black person interjects? What, you think everyone is just going to side with the predicate? It just fucks me over every time, I literally have zero friends concerned with intellectualism because of this shit.
>>
>>18171870
Have you ever called her out on this, maybe in front of the people she sets up?
>>
>>18171887
Most of the time, there's more than one person that does it. The girl in high school that used to do it ended up getting put in a corner where it would be fucked up if she didn't acknowledge it, so I didn't have to say anything there. Other relationships, like the one my brother has had with his girlfriend always end up the same way. I try and explain that you cannot be intellectually dishonest to a lot of women, but it really doesn't help. They treat me as if I am being condescending and abrasive, in the same sentence about how their intellectualism is not "for sale," and are free to do what they want when they want.

My mom does it, my girlfriend used to do it. Women in general do it. Men don't normally do it because they aren't socially maligned by their intellect like women are. If a woman says something that's inaccurate or wrong, it's more important somehow. When a man says something stupid it's forgiven much more quickly(?) I don't know what the stigma is, but it's incredible.
>>
Although I think OP is being a little bitch I think he has a valid point. This happens with all the women I know. They'll say something "intellectual" and I'll decide to gently discuss it. Everytime it turns into a god damn battle because they can't respond or communicate well. It's like they have to defend their pretend smarts. I've given up arguing with women, they usually don't know shit and hide behind the fact that they'll explode if you object them.
>>
>>18171833

Could be your approach that sets off this kind of reaction. Do you go for an intellectual conversation or for a straightforward debate? There's a difference. If you start your turn all set out to "win", people who are just looking for a conversation bow out because they have no interest in arguing their side. Basically, a conversation is about sharing views and at most about negotiating opinions, it becomes a debate if one or more parties are hell bent on winning and getting their view declared that right one. The first can be causal, while the latter will be exhaustive if it takes place in casual setting and is therefore not a good method of socializing with people.
>>
>>18171939
Most of the time I try and make a joke or two, which makes for an ice breaker, but once the conversation turns into a more serious avenue it's time to eject.

>Hey you know statistically black people commit more crimes than whites.
>"Hah, yeah I guess that means you can't be too safe around blacks"
>But that does also mean that more crimes are reported involving black citizens and less from white citizens!
>Oh... yeah true, I'm gonna be right back

and just leaves me as the only black person there to try and talk about crimonology.
>>
File: 1490192663820.jpg (64KB, 440x490px) Image search: [Google]
1490192663820.jpg
64KB, 440x490px
>>18171939
This is a great point. My brother and I have discussed a problem he has many times and I suggest many solutions (short term and long term) and I find we ultimately argue over it to the point we are trying to win or show our case is the right course of action. It doesn't help that both of us are stubborn. In the end our conversation solves nothing and he is still stuck in his situation. Im going to keep this in mind next time I see him because I know the topic will be brought up again.

Not OP but thank you.
>>
ITT: mansplainers don't understand why they fail at building actual conversations with women

lumping "women" in en all-emcompassing category is a good hint already
>>
>>18171985
It's not even an argument as much as it is intellectual dishonesty.

You cannot go to trial as a judge and then magically say, "I don't feel like showing up today," If you have a conversation about something which requires diligent and vocational promise, you have to at least be somewhat committed to it. Abandoning the discussion when you don't want to talk about it is completely heinous. Especially when you brought it up. If I'm sitting in a dim lit room with a bunch of other kids trying to write our essays for a college class, and you think it's cute to bring up something and abandon the subject halfway through, I'm going to ask you why. It has very little to do with arguing and everything to do with being intellectually sincere.
>>
>>18171996
The best I can give is that these women are probably "TV smart" and just think they can get into these conversations. Once started, they see they actually can't apply anything worthwhile and therefore give up, they just aren't polite enough to say, "nevermind".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.