[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I play DnD in a group and theres this one guy who is always fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1489698068860.png (590KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1489698068860.png
590KB, 750x750px
I play DnD in a group and theres this one guy who is always fucking up the games with his stupid characters and stupid ideas. hes always doing things for the sake of being a "comic relief" and it gets really annoying, hes friends with the DM so I don't know how to get him to play more seriously. What do?
>>
Try to find a way to lock him up or restrain him in the game.
>>
>>18171665
Find a new group
>>
Be a roll nazi. Insist that he rolls anytime he wants to do anything stupid or out of character. He'll learn to rethink what he tries to do pretty quickly.
>>
>>18171665
Just bring it up. Tell them you'd rather have a serious, no nonsense game. I getcha, OP. It's hard to get wrapped up in a game when you've got someone playing who doesn't take it seriously.
>>
>>18171688
He does already, even when he fails a roll it usually fucks everything up. Also its often times the characters he plays, like his stupid Gnome Barbarian who is Feral, and usually gets us in fucking trouble. I have gone as far as sabotaging his characters but it doesn't always work and sometimes backfires.
>>
>>18171697
Sounds like it's time to confront the DM alone. Have you talked to any of the other players to see if they feel the same? If it's a mutual feeling between the others and yourself, than the DM basically has to tell him to stop, unless he wants to lose all of his players.
>>
>>18171707
I know that the girl we have in our group is really annoyed by him, the other guys sometimes think its funny, sometimes its annoying because it derails out campaigns. Last game we played, his Feral Gnome chased a cat and when a guard tried to stop her, she bit him and we had to break the Gnome out of prison... It was a giant waste of time.
>>
>>18171728
Yeah I hate shit like that. I'd say bring it up to the DM. If you do it with another person with you it will help drive your point home. Apart from that I don't think there's much you can do.
>>
>>18171665
I think I might be this guy. I tend to play characters that are liabilities for the rest of the party.

Most people think it's funny. Sorry you don't.
>>
>>18171802
It's only funny when it doesn't derail the entire session
>>
>>18171665

Talk it out. You, the GM and the other players.

Most likely, he will have to dial it down a big, and you will have to stomach a few jokes you don't like. Find a place where everyone can have fun.
>>
>>18171841
Yeah, I try not to derail sessions. Occasionally I do get stuck between playing my character and not derailing too much.

Also a gnome barbarian chasing a cat and then biting a guard just sounds fucking dumb.
>>
Not op but how do you deal with a player who is a complete control freak and won't let anyone do or try anything without asking him first. If we do something without telling he gets pissy and do some annoying shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.