[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did it. I finally reached the level of depression to book an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I did it. I finally reached the level of depression to book an appt. with a Psychologist. What stupid shit should I expect? I'm pretty sure she'll probably think I'm crazy and put me in a asylum...
>>
shameless self bump...
>>
Well I've only seen one therapist in my life. What I got was someone who wouldn't diagnose me anything (this may be different in America though, it seems everyone is fast to diagnose you shit over there), and told me that it's up to me to find out more about myself and find my truth. He gives me some advice and recommendations, it often sounds like stuff I could probably just get from 4chan but he's told me some interesting things.
What I do is usually go and tell him what my week was like and he asks me how certain events made me feel and we analize them. He also told me that we are not gonna analize the ethics of what I do but Idk if all psychologists are like that.
>>
>>18171072
>bump @ 10 minutes
Archive is ~11 hours, asshole.
>>
>>18171075

I had a similar experience. However, within the first or second session she was already asking me how I felt about medications. I didn't feel comfortable with that and just stopped going.
>>
>>18171089
Oh nuts. Mine never suggested anything about medications. Also he keeps telling me that it's important that I get laid so I can have more experience to analize and discover who I am.
It's kind of annoying. I think I'm an asexual but not aromantic but he doesn't go with labels.
>>
>>18171094
If he's not helping that much, don't be afraid to drop him. Just as many crappy therapists exist as good ones.
>>
>>18171094

Him telling you that you need to get laid seems weird, especially if you don't think you want it. I can see how that would be annoying. However, I haven't been talking to you for 30min at a time for however long you've been going.

Though, I think labels can poison the well when analyzing yourself. They can be helpful for discussions sometimes, of course. But the question "am I a/pan/bi-sexual?" is kind of pointless. The focus should probably be questions like "what do I like," and "what makes me happy?"
>>
>>18171061

OP here,

I just can't take it anymore. I can't stop thinking about how pointless my life is, and I don't know how to be happy. I work too much and also deal with school full-time so sometimes I just feel like I want to quit everything....
>>
>>18171076

idc bitch
>>
>>18171111
Keep going, get through school, if you do that and you still feel like this.. then come back, but you're on a solid path man I'm right there with you. Lost my GF of 3 years, dealing with addiction consequences, full time School and part time work
>>
>>18171111
How do you feel about pets? For some, being responsible for the well being of another living thing can give you a sense of meaning. It sounds like you might not have time for one though so idk just throwing it out there
>>
>>18171111
You didn't make it this far to quit now. You can be or do anything you want, the world is vast, life only starts to feel pointless when you no longer challenge yourself. If there's a big decision you've been holding off on making, then make it, new opportunities will arise
>>
>>18171075
>this may be different in America though
I've seen two here and they're a lot like that. They refused to even mention any sort of condition and got angry if I brought things up like my long family history of bipolar. That was nice, but they seemed to have bigger issues than I did.
>>
>>18171157

Oh man sorry to hear that... I have a GF of 1.5 years. We currently live together and stuff, and our relationship is pretty solid. She knows I have these issues and she tries to support me through it but nothing so far has worked....

>>18171167

We have a cat. But the lil bitch hates me and runs away every time she sees me... I think I give her a bad vibe and she knows I'm depressed...

>>18171170

There's things I want to do, but everything takes time and money to develop. I used to be into art, and constantly putting hours making designs and stuff like that. I switched mayors because I couldn't afford the art school I wanted to go to. I wanna challenge myself to do things that I like and that I'm passionate about, but I lack the motivation and self esteem.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.