[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you do when your parent has a smoking habit and makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: burning-cigarette-smoke.jpg (18KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
burning-cigarette-smoke.jpg
18KB, 750x500px
what do you do when your parent has a smoking habit and makes excuses for it?

i dont normally lecture anybody about their habit but in the case of my mother, she shared this habit with my father who died early from lung cancer.

knowing this she still smokes regularly and it causes me alot of frustration, anger and whenever i try to bring it up she just dodges, ignores or even gets pissed off about it instead of facing the facts.

what else can i do but wash my hands of the thing? if i try to bring it up it ends up in a fight and i feel like shit. but it pisses me off to know she is doing this, and actively keeping it a secret from my younger siblings.

am i supposed to just let it go and not give a fuck and let her die in a few years? why the fuck do people subject themselves to this bullshit and then make excuses for their own self deprecation?

have any anons succesfully intervened in fixing somebody's habit?
>>
Just drop it. Everyone dies. Your mother won't become immortal if she quits smoking.
>>
My father stopped smoking 20 years ago and was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. We are all going to die. As >>18171016 says, don't bother.
>>
>everyone dies
Sure. But do you at least value longetivity?
>>
>>18171016
Shitty argument, smoking shortens your life and has numerous health consequences. >>18171103 is right.

OP, just try to have a nice lecture with her about it. If she's mature, she'll understand. Tell her you're just trying to help her and that you'll love her, and that you want her to live a longer, healthier life.
>>
Someone who smokes and is told to quit wont quit at all.

Its like telling a child not to do something and then doing it out of spite.

The smoker has to come to terms themselves, no ammount of telling them will do anything.

When I smoked I seriously wanted to knock out anyone that told me that smokings bad for me and I shouldnt do it. This made me smoke more. You already said your opinion now leave it at that. Dont be some white knighting retard trying to save the world
>>
>>18170916
Some people enjoy smoking, and feel it's worth the health risks. Everyone's got their vices, and some are more dangerous than others.
>>
>>18171103
>>18171113
Just because she's a smoker doesn't automatically mean she's going to die young.
My mother's father smoked like a chimney from the time he was eleven, and he died at the age of eighty nine. Granted, it was throat cancer, but my father's father never smoked a day in his life, and he died of lung cancer at seventy eight.
Also, no parent wants to be lectured by their child on their vices. She's probably not retarded, it's not 1943. Everyone knows smoking can cause health issues.
She's a grown woman, and will make her own choices, whether her choices are healthy or not.
>>
>>18170916
>what do you do when your parent has a smoking habit and makes excuses for it?

Let them smoke because they are a fucking adult and choose to do what they want with their lives.

>whenever i try to bring it up she just dodges, ignores or even gets pissed off about it instead of facing the facts.

Probably because knows the facts already and she's tired of hearing about it from you.

Dude, it's cigarettes, not crack. It's not good for her, but it's not ruining her life. Leave it be, she obviously doesn't want to quit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.