[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see a lot of posts on this website by guys trying to grow beards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

I see a lot of posts on this website by guys trying to grow beards and they always get replies saying they're gross and shit. Is this a silent majority thing? Do most people think beards are gross? I think they're really cool. I'm just asking because I want to try growing mine out for the first time in my life.

I'm just worried that it will look like pubes. Apparently this can be avoided with coconut oil?
>>
>>18170235

>coconut oil

i mean you can also just condition it and treat it the same way you treat your hair.

>beards = gross?

yes and no. if you look at people who post pictures of their beards online most of the people who respond saying its cool or attractive are other men, and then they all make really cringey 9gag tier jokes about how manly they are for not taking the time out of their day to shave.

ultimately it depends on how it looks. the definition of an actual beard has changed over time.

most women would be fine dating the guy on the left. most would not date the guy on the right. and while he is attractive, the beard just makes him look less like 'humans' as we've come to know them, the same way that hairy women look less like humans as we've come ot know them (even though these are technically our natural states).

are there outliers? of course. but even the girls who do find beards to be sexy tend to prefer the left, tend to aks you to shave it somewhere down the line, and most will admit that beards are just too uncomfortable to be practical. imagine if everytime you were making out, there was long nasty fur that got food and stuff in it. and yes, that will happen. imagine naytime that you get just a little bit of food on your lip or chin, but now theres hair there so it gets stuck.
>>
>>18170317

forgot to attach pic
>>
>>18170235
Grow it out and ask some female friends if it suits you.

Probably don't grow it any longer than a week's* growth and keep it at that length. Some people really suit beards and some people don't

Also don't bother if you don't have good coverage or density. That's how you avoid having it look like pubes.

Remember to trim the length but also keep the edges neat.

*everyone's growth rates are different but your safest bet is keeping it at the length of long stubble ~2mm-6mm rather than going for even two week's growth
>>
Don't listen to them OP the whole point of a beard is disregarding other's opinions on it
>>
File: Sequence 01.Still0012spook.png (315KB, 634x357px) Image search: [Google]
Sequence 01.Still0012spook.png
315KB, 634x357px
>>18170369

>don't listen to them
>because they are correct and you should not care about the consequences

hmmmm.
>>
>>18170331
This pretty much

l've had a beard since l was 18, it doesn't grow in as thick as l'd like but thats because l have really fine and soft straight hair, coconut oil helps but it can also make your face greasy and give you pimples if you're not careful. l tend grow it out for a month and then trim it down to length and shape it (some parts of your beard might not grow as fast as others btw).

once you have it you just have to trim every once in a while and its much more convenient than shaving

just give it a go, you can always just shave if it doesn't work out
>>
>>18170374
>having an objectively correct opinion
how can i ever get to your level?
>>
>>18170406

you said it, not me.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.