[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 18, a foster kid, and a senior in high school. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1490676420745.jpg (163KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490676420745.jpg
163KB, 800x800px
So I'm 18, a foster kid, and a senior in high school. I'm concerned, because my foster dad and his wife want to adopt me, but I'm not sure I want to be adopted anymore because of how I've been treated.

>Criticized constantly, i.e simple mistakes like not refilling the ice cube tray or leaving a knife
>Grades are a sensitive spot of mine, my dad makes "jokes" like: "You only got a 95, why couldn't you get a 96"
>My parents fight constantly and they've threatened to send my back into the system in their fights (loudly)
>I have no privacy, they enter my room without knocking and have snooped in my room when I'm not home
>Awhile ago, my foster dad slapped me because I was having a really bad anxiety attack
>My foster mother favorites her own children over me, being way harder on me than on them
>If I enter a room, my step mother will leave that room and lock herself in her room
>They ignore my problems, i.e depression, anxiety, panic disorder, etc
>They treat me like I'm way younger than I am
>My mistakes are always punished, left the stove on twice and I'm no longer allowed to make my own food on it
>Enjoy embarrassing me in public
>Yell at me for always staying in my room and not spending time with the family, they never ask me to spend time with them
>Turn off the wifi when I'm doing homework at 11 PM, I have to turn it back on, I get screamed at
>Have told me I'm "Just like my mother"
>"You act so smart even though you make stupid decisions" "You think you're so smart"
>I'm not allowed to ask why I'm supposed to do certain things
>Constantly told I have attitude when I actually don't
>Tell me I should be grateful for everything they're giving me (which I am) and call me ungrateful
>etc.

I mean, I do bad stuff, like I have a metric fuck ton of plates stashed up in my room and they keep finding them and punishing me. But does that excuse what they're doing? Am I being abused? (Pic unrelated)
>>
>>18169869

everything you just described is normal parenting behavior.

my dad would fill up a cup of water and ice in the mornings becuase if we didn't get out of bed immediately, he'd throw it on us.

>grades are a sensitive spot of mine and they make jokes about how i could do 1% better

you're a foster kid, you should have thicker skin than this.

also
>18

something tells me you're lying because there isn't much of a reason to get adopted after 18 outside of inheritance, and if you're turning down free inheritance you're dumb.

but something tells me you're just not 18 yet and thats why they want to adopt you.
>>
File: 1486262681816.jpg (49KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1486262681816.jpg
49KB, 576x432px
>>18169869
They sound like incredibly shitty people. I wouldn't blame you.

>>18169889
>get slapped for having anxiety attack
>threatening to get sent back into the system
>normal
What the fuck.
>>
>>18169869
I unironically think you should take a look at reddit's r/raisedbynarcissists
They sound like shitty people and you deserved to have better foster parents. Don't let them adopt you if you don't want to be adopted, it'll probably just be another thing to hold over your head when you don't do what they want
>>
>>18169963

>get slapped for having an anxiety attack

did it cause you to stop? slapping causes people to calm down.

>threatening ot get sent back into the system

my parents threatened to take me to china nad trade me in for better kids. it was somewhat in jest, but yeah, its not different than when a parent says 'i brought oyu into this world and i can take you out of it'.

pretty dark considering you weren't even threatened to be killed.
>>
>>18169999
>did it cause you to stop? slapping causes people to calm down.
That's done for comedic effect in movies from the 40's. It only makes shit worse.

>my parents threatened to take me to china nad trade me in for better kids
That was a joke encase you couldn't tell. This is a foster kid being threatened to get sent back. It's a completely different fucking situation.
>>
>>18170014

i was 5, so no i couldn't, and while my parents thought it wa sfunny saying 'i brought you into this world and i can take you out of it' certainly isn't.

the majority of what OP describes is standard bullshit, at worst its parents who arent specifically trained to take care of someone who has anxiety attacks, yet they are willing to /not/ get paid (which is what happens when you take in foster kids) and instead make OP their legitimate family.

but seeing as going back into the system was a threat, i imagine OP will wise up and realize that people wanting to adopt him is a good thing.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.