[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23 and I feel I'm obsessed with women. Like I literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

I'm 23 and I feel I'm obsessed with women. Like I literally can't stop thinking about them at times.
I'm just wondering if this is considered "normal" for a male or if I have like a deep psychological fixation which needs fixing. I already got an appointment for a therapist for unrelated issues, or so I think they are.
I feel like this should have been a phase at 14 but I kinda skipped that or something.
>>
>>18169244
oh yeah and I think of sex all the time obviously
>>
>>18169244

There's no "normal". Does this "obsession affect your life in any way? Then work on fixing the problem. If it's just being horny 24/7 then don't worry too much.
>>
Your hormones are just going strong op, I'm 23 too and I have/had times where these feelings are intensely strong. Do you have sex a lot or a gf? Either way you should be happy that your libido is working fine.
>>
> im a male and im always thinking about getting with females
> is this normal??

people like you shouldve been allowed to die early
>>
slowly sexualize guys. start with hardcore traps, trans and then femboys. this shit will stop you thinkin' about women.
>>
>>18169268
>>18169279
no gf and never had one. All the sex I had were more or less awkward one night encounters.
The thing is I'm actually really helpless when it comes to meeting girls. I have no problem talking to them and making them laugh but this urge to just kiss them and make love to them right then and there is so strong that I literally feel retarded sometimes.
Maybe it's just that I moved to a city with more attractive women but I'm just not used to this power they have over you.
It's like in this movie I watched recently:
>a beautiful woman looks at you and you're instantly subject to all these emotions, some powerful, even incontrollable
YES, HELP
>>
>>18169244

Hard to say.

Remember though, its not a disorder unless its ruining your life.

Thats an important part of psychological disorder diagnosis.

You can think of women 30x more than average and if youre still holding down a job and having an active social life then its just a thing you do.
>>
>>18169315
>Maybe it's just that I moved to a city with more attractive women but I'm just not used to this power they have over you.
>It's like in this movie I watched recently:
>>a beautiful woman looks at you and you're instantly subject to all these emotions, some powerful, even incontrollable

No, don't blame them. Whatever you feel is up to you, mate.
>>
>>18169322
>Whatever you feel is up to you, mate.
but it's literally not. it's actually hormones. Until I felt the way I do now I said the same shit as you did. Now I actually feel more of a man and alot more helpless when it comes to women
>>
>>18169326
>Now I actually feel more of a man and alot more helpless when it comes to women

Sure, you are helpless. Pro tip: If you start by saying I'm helpless, then stop asking for help. If you want to ask for help, then stop trying to make excuses when people offer you options.
>>
>>18169337
maybe stop giving "advice" that's not really advice at all. What you're suggesting is like saying " stop being sad" to a depressed person.
Besides, It's not like I'm out raping women
>>
>>18169342
>What you're suggesting is like saying " stop being sad" to a depressed person.

Not, it's not. I never told you "stop feeling like this", did I?

I told you "don't blame them", then you said it's hormones, so I told you "stop making excuses".

You want a pill to stop having crushes? There is none. You want to stop having crushes? Work on how you live your life.
>>
>>18169352
I don't want a pill to stop having "crushes" but I want to hear how other men in my age feel. I still can't see where I blamed women either.
>>
>>18169367
>Maybe it's just that I moved to a city with more attractive women but I'm just not used to this power they have over you.
>It's like in this movie I watched recently:
>a beautiful woman looks at you and you're instantly subject to all these emotions, some powerful, even incontrollable
>>
>>18169244

Definitely not normal. Being obsessed with anything is not healthy. How deeply your obsession goes, we don't know. Just keep going with your therapy and make sure to bring this issue up. We know nothing about you or your history so anything we could say would just be wild speculation.

Seek help from your therapist. Other than that there is nothing productive we can tell you.
>>
Im your age and a woman and I have this sometimes too, but about men. Hormones fluctuate up and down for everyone m8. Get a gf or something
>>
>>18169372
So claiming pretty women can have power over men is blaming?
>>
>>18169380

Everyone can have power over everyone. A lot of poeple exploit it.

Do you think these girls are causing the crushes you get? Or do you think there's something in you that makes you get them?
>>
>>18169385
did you actually read my OP?
>>
>>18169380

Lots of things have power over lots of other things. Its pretty immature to sit and talk about the actions and influences of other people when in reality the only thing you can ever truly control in this life is you. Who cares how pretty a girl is? Inherently that has absolutely no bearing on how you live your life and the decisions you make. It you find yourself helplessly at the whims of a woman because of how attractive she is then the issue needing to be discussed isn't how powerful women are but what it is about you that is incapable of maintaining your decision making abilities and sense of self around women simply because they have nice bone structure and big tits.

This kind of behavior is pretty typical in adolescence but if you find yourself approaching 30 and you still experience uncontrollable floods of emotions and lapses of judgement around attractive women then you need look inward and talk about your own issues. It really has nothing to do with women or their power over you.
>>
File: 1458755412615.jpg (162KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1458755412615.jpg
162KB, 1280x853px
>>18169380

Regular women have power over regular men instead of being equal, most likely because of instagram and other media like dating apps, there are too much men demanding women

which ends up with women thinking they are more powerful than they are and end up being fooled by a guy out of their league and close their hearts forever, history of my life tbqh

can anyone relate or am i going full robot?
>>
>>18169388

I did. But there seems to be a conflict of opinions here. Which one is it: You or Them?
>>
>>18169395
>which ends up with women thinking they are more powerful than they are and end up being fooled by a guy out of their league and close their hearts forever, history of my life tbqh

Yeah, they are the dumb ones for not going with you. Such a catch you must be...
>>
>>18169398
Im not saying im some kind of hot shit but it really feels like women just keep aiming higher and higher, online dating feels more like a casting for guys to see if they are interestating or not instead of a conversation
>>
>>18169408

So... are you interesting? Why should women go for you?
>>
>>18169415
That's quite a tricky question, you tell me first to see if you can actually sound convincing.
>>
>>18169395

>can anyone relate or am i going full robot?

You're kind of going full robot. What you're saying is applicable for young children but this is much less the case with adults. Girls have "power" over boys because for young boys getting the approval of a woman is a validation for their manhood. They NEED women to like them and NEED to fuck beautiful women so they can feel powerful and virile and like other men admire and revere them.

A lot of this mindset is transferred over into adulthood but you'll find that the older you get the less people are willing to compromise their sense of self for the sake of cheap validation.

In reality, men are often slaves to their own insecurities, not the whims of women. It isn't the raw beauty of allure and women that make them lose their minds, its their constant struggle to be secure in their manhood and their ability to find a mate.

What you're describing is a very typical childhood experience; feeling this massive discrepancy in the power you have to control your own relationships versus the power that women have to influence you but that feeling doesn't last forever. Gender dynamics change drastically in your 30's and 40's. People are more confidence and more secure in themselves and what they want and the raw NEED to get the approval of the opposite sex is much much less of a contributing factor in the decisions they make and the situations they allow themselves to be put in.

Long story short, when I was 18 I would of bent over backwards and drained my entire bank account if a hot girl with big tits showed interest in me. Now that I'm nearly 40 that situation is laughable to me. I was a pretty insecure little kid but things changed for me and they will for you too.
>>
>>18169391

sigh. that's my whole point: I'm feeling flooded with emotions of unprecendented concentration I never felt before, not even in my adolescence and I'm wondering why. My question is if I'm just not used to this due to hormonal changes or if I'm just lacking self-control more than I used to. Just to clarify: I'm not blaming anyone here.
>>18169396
The whole thread is about my emotional reaction towards beautiful women. I should have never mentioned this damn quote.

I actually thought other more or less healthy males/females could chime in like they did >>18169377 and not paint me as a misogynist, jesus christ.
>>
>>18169420

What? YOu missed the point of the question. I'm not the one blaming women for having stardards, mate. Are you interesting enough to hold a conversation? Or do you just keep asking questions without offering anything? Do you make up plans and invite people to do stuff or do you keep asking "what do you wanna do"? Etc. Etc.

You say "online dating feels more like a casting for guys to see if they are interestating or not instead of a conversation". Do you not look for interesting girls? Do you just chat anyone up for any reason?

Being "interesting" shouldn't be a high bar to cross. You just have to hold a conversation. BUt yes, I'm interesting, if that's your question. At least interesting enough to have people talk and date me.
>>
>>18169435
>Long story short, when I was 18 I would of bent over backwards and drained my entire bank account if a hot girl with big tits showed interest in me. Now that I'm nearly 40 that situation is laughable to me. I was a pretty insecure little kid but things changed for me and they will for you too.
wow, so basically you got old, lost testosterone and think everyone young is pathetic- got it. I actually recommend listening to the newest podcast of "this american life". Not to sound super depressing and reductionist but hormones seem to have alot more influence on your whole character than I ever would have imagined...
>>
>>18169437

>I'm feeling flooded with emotions of unprecendented concentration I never felt before, not even in my adolescence and I'm wondering why

You need to seek therapy, man. We don't have the answer for you. We don't know anything about you. All we can do is make random guesses about a stranger from over the internet.

Your therapist will help you find the answers to these questions. All we have is stories of our personal experiences which may or may not be applicable to you. You won't know until you start therapy.

Therapy. Now. We don't have the information, psychological expertise or knowledge about you or your upbringing to form an educated guess. This is just a website full of teenage virgins and middle aged failures. We can't help you address this issue.
>>
>>18169437
>I actually thought other more or less healthy males/females could chime in like they did >>18169377 and not paint me as a misogynist, jesus christ.

So... I'm painting you? Great, now you are my victim.

I go back to my first post: Is this "obsession" making your life miserable? Looking at girls and wanting a GF is fine. Being depressed all the time about it is not.

If you want attention, it's logical that you care a lot about womenfolk. As always, learn to love yourself and be happy with your own company. Tell the therapist and work through this. What else would a "healthy" person say?

Or am I only healthy if I say "it's hormones, don't worry"?
>>
>>18169453
yeah I'm getting that. I'd just like to hear how other men deal with beautiful women. As in: can you actually be young and full of testosterone and not actually care that much if she's beautiful or not? I can do that with my roommate who's pretty hot but I don't feel sexually attracted to her so there's that ?!
>>
>>18169457
>So... I'm painting you? Great, now you are my victim.
yes, misquoting should be a punishable crime, even on 4chinz.
Besides: you sound pretty asexual and /or old desu. The thing is I know all this you're saying. But rationally acknowledging it doesn't really help when the issue at hand is of a visceral nature.
>>
>>18169444
I can hold a conversation, make girls laugh and be interesting yes, even though you are just going to think thats what i believe because you probably have a image of me of an autist for what i see

I can perfectly be having a normal conversation and get ghosted out of the blue, why? because said girl probably has more interesting guys to talk with
>>
>>18169435
i do appreciate your words but having your 20's crippled by this crap is not cool
>>
>>18169448

>wow, so basically you got old, lost testosterone and think everyone young is pathetic- got it.

Yes, you will get old. You won't be as fast or strong or virile as you used to be. It will happen to everyone. I know that seems like a terrible thing right now but it doesn't have to be, and being a different person when you're older from when you were young doesn't have to be a bad thing either.

If you thoughtfully read my post and stowed your attitude long enough to process the information you would see that I'm not attacking anyone.

Young people today aren't any more or less pathetic or uninformed than I was at that age. There is nothing wrong with being insecure. Its not a negative trait. EVERYONE is insecure, especially young kids. I was insecure. All of my friends were insecure. Its okay, man, its not an insult. Its not an attack. Its a statement of fact that I, for one, can completely relate with.

You skipped through all of the thoughtful, personal perspective I tried to put into my post and only focused on the part that made you feel attacked and insulted,

The point of my post is that young people are willing to sacrifice a lot of their sense of self for validation. They're more willing to embarrass, degrade and compromise their dignity for the sake of pleasing an attractive woman. I did it when I was young, definitely, and it often made me feel terrible. As you get older that will change. You will have a better grasp on who you are and what you want and you become less and less willing to compromise that for approval.

You will come to realize that any woman who would encourage you to become someone you aren't just for the sake of pleasing her isn't worth the effort no matter how hot she is.

If that is due to my "loss of testosterone" than I'm fine. I can't be a kid forever. Neither can you.
>>
>>18169471
>But rationally acknowledging it doesn't really help when the issue at hand is of a visceral nature.

I'm 24 dude. I look at girls in the street and I like sex as much as the next guy.

I just don't obsess over it. Would I like more sex in my life? Sure. But it's not the only thing in my mind.

Because I'm happy. I have firends, I have affection, and I know if I'm not getting much action right now it'sn ot the end of the world.

>But rationally acknowledging it doesn't really help when the issue at hand is of a visceral nature.

No, it doesn't help you because you want to treat this as an impossible task. Teens younger than you learn to control their hormones. You, a full-fledged adult can't?
>>
>>18169490

>i do appreciate your words but having your 20's crippled by this crap is not cool

No, it isn't, but that's what adolescence is; not knowing who you are. Its a long, painful process that results in a lot of heartache and loss. You have to fail a million times and learn a million hard lessons before your growing pains go away. I was a very emotional, dramatic kid with a lot of insecurities and a lot of anger and it took a lot of fuck ups for me to get over that.

I'm not looking down on anyone going through it because I was one of the worst perpetrators. It sucked, dude, but if you keep your head down and pay attention you will learn a lot that will help you later on. You just have to have the wisdom to inform your decisions and the humility to admit when you were wrong.
>>
OP, I know exactly what you mean and I've been struggling with similar feelings. I think part of becoming a well adjusted adult is to acknowledge these feelings, and force yourself to not act impulsively on them/not letting them affect your life.

I develope huge crushes on ~50 women a day. It's the legs that do it really. Legs are my weakness, especially during shorts season. I can't stop myself from looking and checking out nearly every decently attractive girl I see every day. I wonder if I'm normal or if people see me do this and assume I'm a creep. I try to be subtle about it, but I cannot go about my business without thinking about women in one way or another.

I haven't really found a way to stop this behavior, but I never act on it and I have learned to control myself in social situations that may involve pretty girls.
>>
>>18169511
>I haven't really found a way to stop this behavior

Have you tried getting a girlfriend?
>>
>>18169520
kys urself irl
>>
>>18169548

That's a "no", then?
>>
>>18169520
I actually do have a gf of 3 years. I have sex regularly, but still think about other women constantly. Along with my previous point, I have not let this behavior affect my relationship either.
>>
>>18169553

Are you happy with her? Or are you just there because of inertia? Or maybe to impress your family/friends...
>>
>>18169244
It's called being human bro. Women think about us a lot as well, they just can hide it wayyyyy better and can control it better than we can. Nothing to fear. Use it to your advantage. Find what they like and need. Find what makes them smile and laugh. Try to give it to them. Then your thoughts about them will turn into actual interactions and so on.
>>
>>18169498
>I'm 24 dude. I look at girls in the street and I like sex as much as the next guy.
that's all I wanted to hear lol. thanks.
>>18169495
>>18169435
ya know, not everyone talks to pretty girls for approval of their peers. Speak for yourself. I don't really see what's inherently wrong with approaching girls just because they're pretty. Sure, it may be shallow, but then again: does it really matter if she's cool as well?
>>
>>18169570
I am very happy with her. She's my absolute best friend and we love each other like crazy. But when I walk around campus and see leggings/Jean shorts/large shirt covering shorts so it looks like they aren't wearing pants.... I can't help but imagine plowing each and every one of them. I've never cheated and I never will, but my brain won't stop creating fantasies about women I see every day.
>>
>>18169592

Do you have enough sex? How often do you want sex and don't get it?
>>
>>18169591
>that's all I wanted to hear lol. thanks.

So nothing about having more in life, then? Ok, have fun.
>>
File: 1479861162212.jpg (9KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1479861162212.jpg
9KB, 208x206px
>>18169244
Stop thinking about women
>>
>>18169606
>i have friends. I don't obsess about it
great post bro!
>>
>>18169611

That's not enough, though. If you put your worth on sex, then no ammount of friends will make you happy, either.
>>
>>18169592
sounds really frustrating broski. Good on you for not cheating
>>18169575
>Women think about us a lot as well, they just can hide it wayyyyy better and can control it better than we can.
Not OP
That's another thing: I'm not even only obsessed about the way they make me feel on a physical level but also their psyche is so damn fascinating. Like: they're just more complex and more interesting than most men.
>also I kinda lose self-respect because I feel such a rush when I can make pretty girls laugh. Why do I care so much?
>>
be thankful you're obsessed with women and not men
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.