[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing terribly in college. Is it time to dropout and get a job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20170327_222825.png (1MB, 1439x1678px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_222825.png
1MB, 1439x1678px
Doing terribly in college. Is it time to dropout and get a job? I don't want to make my parents keep paying for my college education when I am clearly failing and unmotivated.
>>
>>18169167
How close are you to completing a degree?
>>
>>18169182
2 semesters in, 3.3 GPA (mostly easy classes), withdrew from 2 classes first semester and currently failing one this semester.
>>
Why did you drop out of those two classes. Why are you currently failing?
>>
>>18169272
I dropped them because I had a D in both of them. I'm currently failing because I was eating shit instead of studying. So, there really are no excuses.
>>
>>18169286
Well it sounds like part of you really wants to drop out, you don't feel like the rewards are worth the trouble.

Another part of you wants to stay and keep trying. Is this a genuine desire for a better future or just you trying not to disappoint your parents? There are ways of making a solid income without college but they tend to lack prestige and comfort.

If you want to keep at it, the problem you are experiencing is not motivation. It is your belief in yourself. If you believe that your hard work will be successful and rewarding (imagine how little anxiety you would experience if you studied your ass off, mastered the material, and got a high grade- compared to the self loathing mess that you are now). Hard work is most imposing BEFORE you start doing it. If you feel like giving up, you need to free yourself from your negative headspace before you can start succeeding again.
>>
>>18169320
You are right. My fear of failure is causing me to procrastinate and not study or complete assignments. I need to make myself study the material from the beginning to achieve the marks I want. I need to put the work in to succeed. I can't keep waiting for things to magically occur and get depressed when it doesn't. It's irrational.
>>
I still thought about dropping out in my senior year when I was in class/studying/working on projects 12 hours a day. Glad I didn't. Parents weren't able to help me. If you are doing it for them, probably best not to waste their money. You have to do things for yourself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.