[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Before I die my goals are. >Produce one major philosophical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1490583263178-r9k.png (334KB, 512x496px) Image search: [Google]
1490583263178-r9k.png
334KB, 512x496px
Before I die my goals are.

>Produce one major philosophical work to the world

>Produce one major mathematical work to the world

>Produce an extremely popular fantasy series

>Produce an extrmely popular video game series

>Make a major technological innovation

>Run a successful tech bussiness.

I know it's wacky to believe this is even possible, however, please humor me.

What would It take for someone to do this? How should I go about doing this?

I have alot of free time and access to extremely smart and weathly people btw.
>>
It takes many people a lifetime worth of work to do even one of these. Every one of these things is difficult and time consuming.

Why are all your life goals about making things that are popular/useful to society? You can have goals just for your own sake too.
>>
>>18168567
So you want to be a Renaissance Man in 6 highly specialized fields and developed fields in a time where every occupation is more specialized and time consuming than ever.

I guess you should start by double majoring in Philosophy and Math. You're going to need a PHD in both to even attempt the first two.
>>
>>18168567
Try focusing on one at a time, just know that one might just take your lifespan.
>>
>>18168583
I just noticed you have my life goal in that list
I'll race you to it m8
>>
>>18168571
>It takes many people a lifetime worth of work to do even one of these. Every one of these things is difficult and time consuming.

What I'm thinking is a can combine a few of these goals together.

I am good at ideas, I just don't know how my social situations in life should be set up to maximize my chances. At least my age shouldn't be much of an factor.

>Why are all your life goals about making things that are popular/useful to society? You can have goals just for your own sake too.

I didn't think about that actually.

But, what else should a man do. I want my grave to be skyscraper for those wishing to reach the stars, and cool shade for those which the rays of life burn too intensely.
>>
>>18168611
>I want my grave to be skyscraper for those wishing to reach the stars, and cool shade for those which the rays of life burn too intensely.

You're either a massive narcissist or a troll.
>>
>>18168589
>I just noticed you have my life goal in that list
>>Produce an extrmely popular video game series

I don't care much for it, iam betting on my storytelling skills and game design skills for this one.

I'll give this idea out for free.

It's a mobile game about a man who dies and goes to a "strange place"

Theres portals of every major event that happen in his life, in which he can reenact only once. Your choices in one portal after the other portals in strange ways, you can do this non-chronologically.

The real appeal is the game collects data on your on all your choices. The questions on in every portal are carefully tailored to understand what type of person you are, and collect relevant data that marketing companies and sociologists would want, so I can then sell to them, and give you a good Myers briggs style personality test at the end.
>>
>>18168567
It's not possible. Poseidonius was known to be a master of all knowledge in ancient times, and is one of the greatest scholars of all time. But back then almost all knowledge was contained in the sphere of 'philosophy', what we'd now call liberal arts, and in this world of specialization we know how useful a liberal arts degree is.

You'd have to be wealthy enough to not have to work, ever, have an exceptionally keen mind, be willing to dedicate yourself fully to your work-- no 4chan breaks or multiple fap sessions a day-- and be extremely lucky. So lucky that you rarely, if ever, make any mistakes that need fixing or ideas that are months old that need to be scrapped.

I'll be mighty impressed if you pull it off. Give us regular updates on your progress
>>
>>18168567
So many people think this is impossible. What a joke. Bill Gates is still alive. He didn't so much innovate in those days but consolidate technology into something accessible to the average person, which is valid. From there, you get the business, then you create Xbox. I mean... People do this, Anon. There's precedent.
>>
>>18168647
>that story
KEK, now I know you're trolling
>>
>>18168647
That doesn't sound fun
>>
>Produce one major philosophical work to the world
Write a survivalist manual for life as a brokeass teenager in the aftermath of baby boomers. How to get out of the ghetto, how to find work in a better town with no reachable references, how to avoid getting scammed, and how to steer yourself toward the attainable real jobs of the era. Don't just make it up as you go along; talk to dozens of people of many backgrounds and write the sum of their stories.

>Produce one major mathematical work to the world
Write a vidyagame. If you want it to teach math, write a vidyagame that teaches math.

>Produce an extremely popular fantasy series
Buy a book called "How to Write a Damn Good Novel" and read it ten times. It grinds away the mysticism and pounds you with the basic work of being a writer. Your process of creating a story should involve a starting state, and ending state, and the cause of great change. There should be one such change for the story as a whole and then one for each character, because if things aren't changing then there's not much to talk about. Sitcoms tend to let people down because nothing changes much.

Write an interactive storygame series with engineering gameplay that teaches math. What's your Steam handle bro?

>Make a major technological innovation
These things aren't born of one mind; they're constructed of thousands of hands. If you were waiting for someone to say 'pick a cause and get to work' then there it is.

>Run a successful tech bussiness.
What you need is a product and a market. See above.
>>
>>18168662
>Alexander the great conquered the world, why can't you?
>>
>>18168678
Alexander the Great was a person. Hitler was an art student.
>>
>>18168683
Hitler was an art autodidact who was redirected toward architecture because that's what his works all looked like. If they just let him into art school then maybe he would have turned out to be a limpwristed clownhair and the war in Europe could have been averted.
>>
>>18168690
>the war in Europe could have been averted.

Not a chance after the Weimar Republic.
>>
>>18168692
Or the Rotfront might have won in the Weimar republic and Germany would turn commie.
>>
We should make a thread for everyone of these, trying to come to some sort of discovery
>>
>>18168647
make a tic tac toe style game, with animated characters who act out the decisions.

Call it pocket legends
>>
Back guys, what type of friends should I have?

And is it possible to still have a gf, I know a few philosophers that given up everything but theres quite a few that lived more enjoyable lives.
>>
File: 1490519410909.jpg (275KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1490519410909.jpg
275KB, 1000x1333px
>>18168567
I like you OP, you have a lot of goals and a can do attitude, I too plan to produce great works in many fields, and I can tell you one thing. You have to REALLY want to do all those things, you can't just have goals and ideas and execute them, or worse, (as many do) begin, do a bit of work, then take a "break" and never get back to it. You have alot of goals, assuming you do choose to execute them, dedicate your time to one, perhaps a year for each or longer, depends on your dedication. If you go to a university to learn some of the skills for your goals, or if you want to teach yourself, it doesn't matter as long as you stay focused and determined.

I imagine you haven't been blessed with fortune, so you'll probably need to work, you'll have friends and family to tend to as well, and thats fine, as long as your free time is dedicated to your goals.

Don't think you'll accomplish any of that anytime soon, it will take years, perhaps decades, that all depends on you. If it were me, I would do whats easiest/requires fewest resources.

You don't need anything but pen, paper, idea to write a fantasy series. Start with that, or the philosophical work, but I would do alot of research on the field first.

The videogame and technological innovations are going to need to start with ideas. Not just "this is that" i'm talking a 10-100 page design document, (industry standards), but the idea is the easy part, then you'll need the skills to make your idea come to life, (and thats a lot of skill) so you'll probably have to hire many people.

A buisness you can start at any time once you have the start up money and the know-how.

The major mathmatical work, well that would require a PHD understanding of mathematics. Would honestly recommend saying fuck this one, ALOT of time. But stick with it if you want.

Just don't give up, don't get discouraged along the way by failures, if you REALLY want to achieve your goal, you will.

Now get to work OP,
>>
>>18168567
All the great mathematicians in history did their great work by age 17.
>>
Well step 1 would be pick one and do it.
>>
>>18168567
A few of those you can combine as a duality goal unless you specifically want to achieve them individually. What you could really do is just start businesses for them from most possible to bank on to least. Then you can partner your companies if they aren't already a single entity and use your umbrella to fund your next project
>>
>>18168611
>I want my grave to be skyscraper for those wishing to reach the stars, and cool shade for those which the rays of life burn too intensely.

Stop trying so hard. That sentence comes off as forced creativity.
>>
>>18168567
The people who made great achievements in all these fields didnt do it to be recognized, they did it because they had a passion and an ability for it. You wont create anything of value if your only goal is fame and recognition. You sound like a teenager deep in delusions of grandeur like many of us were, its time to begin realistically exploring life options. Its possible to follow your dreams and achieve a great life, but your current dreams are just egotistical fantasies.

Find something aside from your own ego that you have a genuine passion and interest for and explore that route.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.