[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice on doing the "chasing" with the opposite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1485372782462.jpg (787KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485372782462.jpg
787KB, 1920x1080px
Need advice on doing the "chasing" with the opposite sex. I don't really know what it is but I can't bring myself to consistently chase someone I like, every relationship I've had has been from them chasing me. I'm okay at initiating contact and starting the first conversation but once I've had one conversation with them I just wait and hope they contact me, and if they don't I usually don't bother trying again. Repeated contact to me feels too forced and I feel like I might be bothering them or they just aren't interested even though the people that have chased me did that very same thing and I enjoyed having the position of power so to speak.

It's nice being chased but I've learnt in order to speed things up and open up some more options with people who don't enjoy doing the chasing I need to be the one to do so. I just need advice on the best way to be the chaser.
>>
>>18168348
This is one of those few times where mentioning what gender you are and your orientation is both acceptable and necessary.

I'm going to have different advice for you if you're a fag or a whore.
>>
>>18168348
I used to be just like you.
>Always waiting for "the one"
>Bad at keeping Interest
>Telling every girl she was the one for me
>Not even planning to call
>Was just making loose ends really
>Meet a chick
>She's different
>She wants a traditional relationship
>I have to woo her
>And then I got hit with aids.
>>
>>18168385

I'm a straight male, I'm basically finding most girls assume my original position where they require the opposite sex to put in all or most of the effort, just wondering what the best way to put in effort would be without being overbearing or annoying. Say if a conversation that I initiated dies out or comes to an amicable end do I continue starting new conversations day after day? At what point do you wait for them to initiate back.

It was always so much easier letting girls that liked me chase me, no fear of rejection and having them always initiate contact gave me the power.
>>
>>18168592
So your problem is that you've been acting like a woman and you don't actually know how to assume your actual role.

I've got tough news for you buddy. That can't be taught. Each situation is different and you have to get a feel for things and that means you'll have to fail a few times. The best advice I can give you, assuming you're not socially retarded, is to act in a way that displays your confidence and interest without appearing to be to invested in the outcome. They need to clearly understand you are interested without feeling like you've pinned all your hopes of sex on them.
>>
>>18168592
Also, "the power" is relative. Showing interest first isn't some loss of power you autist. Even from your autistic point of view, the ability to initiate can be seen as the position of power. That's such a stupid concept of relationships that you are doomed to fucking fail.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.