[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I pass a single college class? Why am u such an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1485996747289.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485996747289.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
Why can't I pass a single college class? Why am u such an idiot?
>inb4 you're just lazy
I work 10 hours a day all week. I'm not lazy. I can't succeed in school at all and I don't know why. All the tutoring and trying to study at home and when a test gets placed in front if me, I fail everytime. I never get higher than 60% on homework, projects, and essays. I'm trying my best but it's not good enough. Am I just not cut out for school?
>>
What, specifically is the problem? Do you not have a strong grasp of the material or do you execute poorly? What classes?
>>
School isn't for everyone. If you're struggling to pass after all this effort, you're not cut out for it.
>>
>>18167516
Just general ed classes. I can't even get past elementary algebra. I've tried taking it twice
>>18167531
I'm trying to come to terms with this
>>
>>18167498

Realistically if you have little experience in every subject you are taking you should be spending a full time job's worth of time on college. More than the 16 units for full time? You should spend at least 40 hours a week in class, and studying, homework etc all combined.. before you complain.

School is a full time job. If you are not treating it as such you wont succeed.

Understandably if you cant dedicate that much time then you should save until you can. Or take minimal units.
>>
>>18167498

In my experience some students who had poor understanding of algebra needed 10+ hours a week on the subject. That means 2-3 hours a week in class, 2-3 hours a week doing homework and 3-6 hours reading text before hand and studying material for tests at the BARE MINIMUM.
>>
If you never got into school as a youth its probably too late. It's probable but unlikely. Learn a useful trade outside of school instead.
>>
>>18167498
Professor writing here.

In my experience, when someone works and studies hard and still does badly, they're studying the wrong thing.

High school courses are all about data - the teacher tells you stuff (facts, dates, etc) and then tests you on whether you remember them.

But college classes are all about skills. You can always look up the facts - they want to teach you how to think about the facts like a pro. The point of, say, a history class is to make you think like a historian.

Math is an easy example. The teacher puts a problem on the board and then solves it. YOU WILL NEVER SEE THAT PROBLEM AGAIN. What you will get on a test is another problem of the same sort, to see if you learned the how-to.

In history, you may read all about, say, World War One, and the prof will take class time to show how the various political forces led to the war. On an exam he will ask you to analyse the Economic causes of the war, to see if you can think about the economy the way he showed you how to think about the politics.

In class, focus on the way the prof thinks about the material, not just the answers he comes up with. And in studying, practice using his techniques on new material.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.