[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm tired of pretending I'm a normie. I have normie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1481002550987.jpg (40KB, 405x650px) Image search: [Google]
1481002550987.jpg
40KB, 405x650px
I'm tired of pretending I'm a normie. I have normie friends and it's like I'm forced to live a double life. A part of me wants to be socially acceptable but another part of me wants to just fuck off and do my own thing. It's especially hard finding female friends similar to me, yeah I get along with guys but at some point they just want in my pants.

I'll be going to uni soon and I fear that will only surround me more with normies. Do i keep pretending I'm normal or be myself and let everyone hate me, possibly even teachers who may alter my marks, connections, and future prosperity. What do?
>>
>>18167483
Reveal your power level to everyone but authority figures.

Worked for me, you get a new friend group but you don't have to pretend you're someone you're not
>>
My solution was to drop all of my friends. Now I only socialize at work. People know I'm "weird" but I don't see them outside of work anyways so it's not a big deal.

Just curious why would your teachers hate you for being you?
>>
>>18167538
Because I'm offensive without even knowing it, anti social, and conservative (which is horrible in itself). To top it all off I'm white.
>>
The worst thing someone can do is to live a lie.

Thats not an excuse to be an asshole, but anyone should be allowed to share opinions.

You know what to do OP.
>>
I'm very similar to you, anon. The friends I'm most "real" with happen to be guys and all my normie friends are girls. I sperg out and say whatever I feel on 4chan which lets me get everything off my chest so I can be "normal" IRL. I find that balance works well since I'm in a professional health program now so I need to keep my connections and whatnot.

When someone asks about my interests, instead of listing every anime I love I just say, "I like watching anime" and go from there. Instead of saying I like to cosplay I'll say, "I like to sew" and again, go from there.

As for political views, I usually drop hints that I don't like talking about politics so that subject doesn't come up much with my normie friends. I've tested the waters and definitely one friend would NOT agree with anything I have to say about our country's current status.

So, it's unfortunate you can't be 100% yourself IRL but if you visit the right boards then you'll find a good community to talk about all your favorite stuff with online. Personally I think it's better to be a normie IRL just so you can be more approachable. I'm definitely "weird" enough to be considered interesting but not enough to where no one talks to me.
>>
>>18167655
Also, I'm not saying to live a lie and pretend to be someone you're not. Just tone down your beliefs IRL if you don't want any backlash. Save your passionate arguments for close friends or anyone here online.
>>
I hang out with normies but I act relatively spergy. You just got to have some filter much like anything else.

If you act like a confident about things, then you'll be alright. Own your negatives, no one likes a negative nancy.
>>
I for better or worse have learned the art of not giving a single fuck except when necessary from four older male coworkers of all different ethnicities. All of them are married, none of them have anything to lose, and not one of them gives a rat's ass about how others think of them. If the waiter sucks at a restaurant and isn't keeping on top of our drinks, they'll get up and look for the service station then wait on us. When the water comes by and asks about the full drinks they'll say "well one of us has wait on the party". If someone walks up smelling like cigarettes and alcohol asking for money they'll tell him to fuck off and remind him a beer and pack of cigarettes costs more than a McMeal and we're not funding his poor choices. If one of them starts bitching about work or something another will interrupt with "I didn't realize your wife had something to say". When one throws gutter balls in bowling and tries to blame the alley's ball, the others will all throw strikes with the same ball and tell him don't blame another for his own shortcomings.

It's a completely abrasive group of friends who are bastions of hope in an increasingly politically correct world
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.