[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can depression be cured? It basically screws over almost every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: fa5.jpg (125KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
fa5.jpg
125KB, 1024x577px
Can depression be cured? It basically screws over almost every aspect of my life. If it cannot, I don't really know wether should I keep living or not.
>>
Hah, no. You're lucky if you don't get worse, in fact, because depression is inflammatory and leads to brain atrophy over time. Many MDDs progress to bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.
>>
it depends
if you're in somewhere between your teen to early 20's, it's probably your hormones fucking your brain up and it'll end

if you live an unhealthy lifestyle, then improving your lifestyle would help with your depression, exercising is beneficial for your body and eating right and a breakfast is essential to feel vitalized throughout the day.
>>
>>18165683
Yeah, you just need to get treatment. CBT has helped me a lot through my anxiety, and my sister got through depression with a mix of meds and therapy.
>>
>>18165683

For me it did.

Start with fixing what you eat: waaay more vegetables, good (low GI) carbs, and proteins
Work out
Get some sun occasionally
STOP your damn addictions: ie: drinking, doing drugs, gaming, watching tv, browsing the internet. Don't cut back on it, STOP completely.
Start of your day by doing the things which are most important, or the things you are least looking forward to, so you they are out of your way.
Make sure to relax: don't do addictive things, instead: read books, walk outside, cook a nice meal, listen to some music while you clean your house.
Re-evaluate your social life: be more in-touch with people who have a positive influence on your well-being, and spend less energy on people who do not.

Do these and have some patience. A famous saying in neuroscience is "neurons which fire together wire together". Your brain is a like a big ball of wires, with an amazing ability to change. Things you do often will become easier, and old (bad) patterns will die if you force yourself to quit doing them for some time.

Don't tell yourself you are depressed until you have followed all of the above steps for at least 3 months.
>>
>>18165733
>stop browsing the internet says the man posting self-help drivel on /adv/
>>
Saturday or Sunday
3.5g of dried mushrooms
empty stomach
go hang out in a secluded field, preferably with trees and grass
bring some water and a towel to lay on
let the mushrooms do their magic

this is a proven method for battling depression
>>
>>18165759
desu lucy is better for this, psilocybin peaks too soon
>>
>>18165742
you must be fun at parties

also, I think I have the same problem. I consider myself as a good person. I'm trying to help everyone in my circle, doing my best. But sometimes I feel so "discharged' that I consider everyone as an enemy. Mostly I have no motivation. I hate my boring job, I hate the fact that I like getting approval by others (this is so needy, I'm not surprised that now days women see only a friend in me instead of a man). Then without any reason I feel the complete opposite for a couple of days. I'm in my late 20's. (sorry for my bad English)
>>
>>18165733
>Low GI
What is that?

I'm low-key working out (Fighting practice 2+ times a week, some pushups/situps/squats 2+ times a week, runs occasionally)

Not doing drugs or watching TV but I do game a lot, and drink often.

>Don't tell you're depressed
Diagnosed with it by therapists and all
>>
>>18165780
Glykämischer Index
>>
>>18165742

Yeah I know it doesn't sound confining, lol.

The thing is, I haven't been on this board for years. I am just hear because I needed to ask something in another thread, and I was replying on this thread because I am waiting for answers.

Believe it or don't believe it, your choice.
>>
>>18165788
convincing*
damn autocorrect
>>
>>18165768

my experience mushrooms was way better for emotional health

lsd was more of just a mind fuck

experiences will vary, but I'd still go with mushrooms
>>
>>18165780

Low Glucose Index. It will help keep your blood sugar levels stable, which will help with distributing energy properly.

How much do you game and drink? Don't underestimate how much these things fuck up your well-being. In moderation they are both fine, but if they are disabling you from pursuing (or finding) your ambitions and/or disabling you from having beneficial social relationships, they will make you depressed.
>>
>>18165733
Stop using the internet? What else will I do?

I've tried to make friends, read a bunch of books, take walks, etc, but none of it felt any better.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.