[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me reasons to get out of bed and live my life /adv/. One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1435593041311.png (54KB, 255x199px) Image search: [Google]
1435593041311.png
54KB, 255x199px
Give me reasons to get out of bed and live my life /adv/. One good damn reason. It's been about 4h since I woke up and I'm still in bed currently missing out on classes.

I've been feeling nothing but anxiety and an immense void inside. My body is weak. I've no motivation. I'll get home from school and spend my afternoons listening to game orchestras and crying my eyes out in sadness and a strange nostalgia.

Why live? What is there to experience? Academically speaking I feel frustrated with the dipshits I have to work with and I've no more energy to fix give much of a damn, but I still worry about papers and work. My major consists of 5 types of classes per semester and I'm already struggling with dealing with just 3.
I know I'm a priviledged 20 year old fuck attending uni, but god fucking shit if life hasn't seemed point and hopeless for a while now.

I've been on antidepressants and anxiolytics for about 20 days but still not much of an effect on me yet. Sometimes I get so anxious I feel physically sick. I've been losing my appetite and often I will feel like I'm either in hyper lucid mode or not lucid at all ( I can't tell which). It's like I'm losing touch with reality and nothing feels actually real anymore. I don't feel like myself anymore. I've died already.

I'm starting to lose all hope.
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>18165089
Hey dude, this is an overplayed sentence but it's true. It does get better.

You're rock bottom, things can only go up. I used to tell myself that if things go really, really bad I can just kill myself and get it over with. That helped with my anxiety a lot. One day I just realized that I don't even want to.
>>
>>18165435
>You're rock bottom, things can only go up.
my fear is, what if they stay down?

> I used to tell myself that if things go really, really bad I can just kill myself and get it over with
I used to think so as well. It really calmed down all of my stress and anxiety and would actually give me a few chuckles sometimes. But now it's different. I'm actually afraid of dying, I don't contemplate suicide anymore (or haven't for a while).
>>
>>18165089

I've been where you are now.

The first thing I will ask you is to imagine what a perfect day in life would be like for you and post it here.
>>
File: 1409016864844.png (27KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
1409016864844.png
27KB, 342x245px
>>18166270
>imagine what a perfect day in life would be like for you
keeping aside extremely improbable clichés like 'winning the lottery' and 'having my onitis fall for me', a perfect day would be something like

>wake up calmly and early after a good night's sleep
>no sleep disturbances whatsoever
>easy getting out of bed
>feel motivated, confident, relaxed and positive no matter the environment
>can spend hours on my own without feeling lonely
>no weird tunnel vision and derealization
>able to relax
>regain energy and want for exercising
>go out for runs at least twice a week
>being able to play loud a nice nostalgic song, look into the sunset by the far away horizon, breath in and really feel relaxed and at peace with life
>no desperately questioning life
>no feeling anxious for no apaprent reason
>no feeling sad

I think that's about it, really.
Please tell me how you got out of it. Please tell me there's still hope.
>>
>>18165089

>Give me reasons to get out of bed and live my life /adv/. One good damn reason.

No. We're all too busy trying to find our own meanings in life to find one for you. No one else is interested in attending your pity party.

Seek help. Stop wallowing in your own misery and take your life into your hands and do something to better it.

No one else is gong to GIVE you reasons to be productive. Your generational handicap of being accustomed to instant gratification and temporary relief from your inability to process emotions and relationships is going to drag you down to an early grave if you can't pull your head out of your ass and start being honest with yourself about what your problem is.

Stop pretending like the world is happening to you. It isn't. You put no effort into getting better or changing your life so things stay the same. Step it up, son. The world owes you nothing. You find what you want and you take it.

You know what you have to do. Now do it.
>>
>>18165089
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ88PaL8ls0
>>
>>18166482
here's your problem. all of the shit you wrote is focused on how you feel. its not about what you DO.

when you focus on thoughts, you get anxious and depressed.

when you focus on actions, you heal.

what do you actually DO on your ideal day? how do you spend the hours?
>>
>>18166568
>>18166683
>when you focus on thoughts, you get anxious and depressed.
I know that. But now I don't really need to focus on thoughts to feel this way. I completely understand that actions change behaviour, but I've reached a point where it all just seems to much of an effort. It's like trying to expend energy I don't have.

>what do you actually DO on your ideal day? how do you spend the hours?
as far as trying to help myself out of this, I've been making an effor to not skip meals, sleep decent amounts of time (but not oversleep), make a point to get out of the house and avoid isolation and try to rationalize what I'm feeling if it gets really bad.

This is the best I can do as of right now, but some days it actually feels physically impossible to get out of bed or out of the house. It's a huge mental struggle. I usually take a couple of hours after I wake up to get out of bed simply because I see no point in doing so.
>>
>>18166845
OK. you're just stuck in your own head. you're rationalizing all of these thoughts and behaviors when you shouldnt be.

youre in the shitty middle ground of being smart enough to come up with rationalizations for everything but stupid enough to believe them. dont do that. youll waste your life.

you need to mind over matter and force yourself out of the house. your body needs this. your brain isnt listening. do what i tell you. do it repeatedly.

right now i want you to step outside your house and just walk around for 5 minutes, then come back in. if you cant do this 1 simple thing, you will never get better
>>
>>18166867
>you need to mind over matter and force yourself out of the house. your body needs this. your brain isnt listening. do what i tell you. do it repeatedly.
yeah, I guess that really is the only key to the problem. Meds ca only do so much (and vice versa).

It definitely won't be easy. Again, I guess this is something I already knew, but began to surrender to the idea of succeeding in it simply because, like I said, it just feels like too much of a physical and mental struggle. In the midst of that, I forgot, or refused to awknowledge, that I really have to force myself (or at least try) every day and do what I don't feel like doing.

Although, I do believe that there is a limit. And sometimes you gotta take it really slow, or you'll just overblow your mind. Like, for example, before taking meds, when I was trying to deal with this on my own, I used to force myself to go out and run. Oftentimes I'd come home feeling even shittier, even if the run was okay.
I think that happens when you do too much, kind of like you're overcompensating in just one go.

Or like the other day when I forced myself to take the bus and to my classes. It was torture. All that noise, people and motion. I felt overstimulated. It was stressing enough to make me feel physically sick.

Bottom line, I'll take it slow.

>right now i want you to step outside your house and just walk around for 5 minutes
I would, but it's nearly 2AM here, I should go to sleep. But thanks for the advice anon.
>>
Get a ccie cert and earn big cash, that's what you should do
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.