[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My long term boyfriend is starting to talk about kids but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Pretty much just that- I've tried telling him that I don't want children particularly, and certainly not right now (I'm 22), but he tells me that it's a natural thing for a woman to want, and simply won't take no for an answer.

I'm not opposed to the idea somewhere in the future, maybe. But we don't have everything else in order yet (we're still at uni). I'm also worried he's the type to dump any and all childrearing responsibilities on me, because he seems to think "it's natural".

We've been together since we were 16, were each other's firsts etc. but this is starting to seriously drive a wedge between us. What do I do?
>>
>simply won't take no for an answer.
Break up with him. This isn't something he alone decides. The fact that he doesn't understand this is a huge red flag especially when combined with something like
>I'm also worried he's the type to dump any and all childrearing responsibilities on me, because he seems to think "it's natural".
because that's exactly what he'll do.
>>
>>18164672
So you think it's not worth it?
>>
>>18164681
I do not. Just because you've been together since you were 16 does not mean that you have to stay together forever.

He does not respect you and your desires, plain and simple. Is that the sort of guy you want to be with, raise kids with (or rather, you raise the kids while he's out doing whatever), and have those values passed on to? Or would you rather be with a guy who respected your own wants, would parent alongside you and would raise respectful children?
>>
>>18164688
Thank you, that's quite helpful and reasonable, and I hadn't thought of the "raising disrespectful children aspect". I guess I'm just a bit scared. We've been together for so long.
>>
>>18164701
Obviously think about it long and hard before you do leave him. You know him, I don't, he may have some redeeming qualities or you might be able to reason with him. The fact that you're asking us suggests to me that he's stuck in his ways, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>18164653
Just tell him you wont have kids until both of you have nice job, flat, car and he marries you.

Whenever he starts his baby mantra ask him how much money does he make yet to cool him off.

No reason to dump him yet.
>>
>>18164713
He won't listen to that. Also, we don't want "marriage", as it seems pretty pointless.
>>
>>18164715
>pointless
It is a ceremony to prove your surroundings and to yourselves that you are serious about staying together. And if you ever have children, you will still go to court if you ever break up and wont be able to come up with compromise. Exactly same as divorce.

>won't listen
Use your woman's strong weapon: manipulation. I am sure you can break up anytime but maybe he has some weird reason to have kids so early.

Maybe he just read some article on how older you are the better chance to have autism kid? Make him to listen to reason.
>>
>>18164729
Where I live, the laws are the same for married couples and those who've been together 2+ years. I don't see why I have to "prove" anything. Children would do that.

>Use your woman's strong weapon: manipulation. I am sure you can break up anytime but maybe he has some weird reason to have kids so early.
I don't know how to fucking manipulate people, nor would I want to. Why do you all assume we have some innate ability to do so?
>>
>>18164743
Ok, you exhausted all options.
Break up. Easy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.