[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last year I was baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1489116603597.jpg (10KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1489116603597.jpg
10KB, 480x368px
Last year I was baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Long story short, my ex was a jw and I sold my soul to a cult in order to be with him **FOREVER**. We broke up in January, and now I'm finding this whole religion thing kind of sucks. I want to move in with my best friend and her boyfriend, but that's frowned upon since they're "not in the TRUTH" (what Jehovah's witnesses call being a witness) and they're not married. Should I just up and leave the religion? The only problem is that I would probably get disfellowshipped, ie, shunned from all other witnesses. Thoughts, /adv/?
>>
>>18164201

as a disfellowshipped Jw, fucking do it dude.

Its a toxic environment. I couldn't say if it's more or less so than other christian branches but it's pretty damn bad. Move out, find your own spirituality
>>
>>18164209
Was your family JW? None of my family is witnesses, so it wouldn't impact that aspect of my life, just sucks seeing how hurt other jws get when someone is DF'd, they get super sad about it.
>>
Every time those fuckers come to my door to recruit I ask them if they are being held hostage and need me to rescue them. Has not happened yet, but of the few ones there has been here, I saw that one was clearly contemplating saying yes. And I would have rescued him. You want to harass my friend you go through me. And I'm not the nicest person when you get in my face.
>>
>>18164201
hum... do you believe in that stuff? religion is about faith.

about your friends, do YOU think they're living in the wrong, or you just know "they"(jw) think that? do you worry about being disfellowshipped because it's seen as a bad thing by others, or because you wouldnt be with your god anymore, or following the "right" path?

are you a jw because that's what you're used to now, and you dont want to be judged by your new community by leaving, or because you truly believe in the words of the jehovah's witnesses?

if it's just a "religion thing" for you, and it even sucks. what the fuck are you doing just leave already
>>
>>18164241
I believe probably half of the religions ideas. I'm more worried about how it would be seen by others, not about "being without God." I feel the same as I did before I got baptized, that you don't have to be a part of an organized religion in order to have a relationship with whatever entity may or may not exist.
>>
>>18164223

my mom was. At some point she realized she would either have to take it down a notch or basically be forced to never see her children again. She was never really disfellowshipped, she just stopped showing up.

as for me, I was never close with any of them and good riddance to them. it was not horribly long before I admitted being agnostic.

they get sad because they're brainwashed. basically being disfellowshipped is like suicide because instead of being someone pure and ignorant who doesn't know better and can be saved, you chose to walk away so they see that as a death sentence for you. its a cult tactic to protect their numbers like "see that person who left? you dont want to be them"
>>
>>18164262
Thank you for replying, anon. I think I'm going to do the same, just stop showing up, move away without a forwarding address. I've made some decent friends, even some that feel like family, but I just can't handle all the bullshit anymore, being told what to do, or that my skirt is too short because it's above my knees, or "wow you only did three hours of service this month'. Shit is getting real old
>>
>>18164271

yeah there's something really wrong with faith that puts a metric on performance. you're never really good enough, and its coming from people who are fundamentally biased. very toxic place.

practice YOUR faith to the best of YOUR abilities. it will find you, when the time is right. you know in your heart the best way to be faithful
>>
>>18164252
then get out of there, you're not there for the right reasons you're just cutting your liberty for nothing, it's YOUR life and you only got one
>>
Seek Jesus, the Son of the Living God. There is no other name under heaven by which men must be saved (Acts 4:12). Stop attempting to use the eternal for your temporal needs and search for the Truth.
>>
Church's are cults and you don't owe anybody anygoddamnthing. If you want to move in with your friends, move in with them. You're not obligated to remain in a church. You get one life. Don't waste it acquiescing to the members of a cult.
>>
>>18164201
Those annoying sons-of-bitches regularly knocks the doors in my neighborhood trying to collect points for the entry to Paradise .. all the while the leaders bangs whores, drive Porsches and laugh all the way to the bank. Loose that shit like it's hot
>>
>>18164201
Move on. You owe them nothing. If they shun you, that's their loss.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.