[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I broach the topic of "socially unacceptable"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 26683779.lb17[1].jpg (22KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
26683779.lb17[1].jpg
22KB, 640x481px
How should I broach the topic of "socially unacceptable" hobbies when dating?

I enjoy shooting guns, and the only things I've ever shot are paper targets at a range. I find it's a good way to relax and focus on something other than work or other stressors since on the range it's just you, the gun, and the target. The problem is that a lot of people seem to think that any interest in weapons or even the principle of self-defense is somehow problematic. I've even noticed this in the ones who lean right. I mean I can simply not go to the range on dates, but eventually they will find out about my gun ownership.
>>
>socially unacceptable
>shooting guns

where tf do you live?
>>
>>18163750
The US. Despite the facade that most girls put up for their bfs and husbands, they actually do not like guns. I'd be OK with one that is apathetic but would allow me to keep and enjoy them but that is impossible to find too.
>>
>>18163744

as a general rule by the time a girl finds out about this sort of thing it should be 'too late' and they will already be too invested to get upset.

>be me
>only white gun owner in all of los angeles
>tell gf
>she doesn't even approve of me having a pocket knife
>'i guess its okay.. as long as you only use it for self defense'
>me: 'no, im just gonna go round stabbing and shooting people, stop acting like you're telling me what to do'

and thats the end of it.

>friend finds out i have a gun
>'YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!'
>says he thinks its scary
>Says he thinks its not smart
>on my birthday i bring it out and he holds it
>he decides he wnats to go shooting now
>bugs me every week to take him to the range.

everyone secretly likes guns.
>>
How? Pretty simple: my way or the highway

If someone wants you to change right from the start, they're not looking for you, they're looking for someone else

It's easy to get girls going out for fancy dinners and romantic comedies, but it's hardly showing who you are. You want the keepers? Take them to the range as a first date and to eat your favorite street hot dog. If they run away, great, less time wasted with someone unsuited for you, the sooner they go away the better.
>>
>>18163767

maybe make this the second date just to be safe, but this anon isn't wrong. it sucks to suck, but life isn't meant to be easy, and dating is just another part of that.

choose whats more important, your guns, or 'open choices' when it comes to women, and act accordingly.
>>
test
>>
>>18163760
Move to Alabama, I live there and girls love guns.
>>
I live in a pretty liberal community, but I'm a gun owner and no one I know blinks an eye at it. I've had a few people talk about how they don't like guns in casual conversation, but it's never been a relationship dealbreaker.

Maybe you're letting the internet comment sections get to you too much?
>>
>>18163820
I live in a decently liberal area too (with a sizeable conservative population) and from personal experience I know the typical response from women my age to gun owners is "ewwwwww".
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.