[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good advice on how to stop procrastinating? i have to finish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0789.jpg (733KB, 1631x1165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0789.jpg
733KB, 1631x1165px
Any good advice on how to stop procrastinating?
i have to finish a project and fucked up already by wasting 2 weeks, what are some approved ways of stoping this shit, dont want to end up as a NEET
>>
>>18163331

the best methods have always been

>slave systems
>buddy systems
>reward systems

thats it really. if you don't have intrinsic motivation its those three that will do it for you.

>slave system

this is where you get someone, preferrably someone you live with, to be your keeper. they're in charge. they see you playing video games or dicking around? nope, not anymore. its their job to keep you on track.

>buddy system

buddy system means you and a friend in the same boat co-habitate while doing your work so that you can push ecah other to do this. downside is if you're both procrastinators you might end up convincing each other to procrastinate.

>reward system

this one is often better paired with slave or buddy system as if you have no motivation, and the reward is given bt your self, then you would just take the reward without working.

me with homework id get a snack. and break that snack up into as many pieces as there were math problems, and everytime I finished one I'd take a bite.

im pretty well motivated, bnut there are some jobs i dont like to do. one of my jobs is reading books and then revising them. but they're redundant self help books so i get frustrated fast. so what I do is allow myslef to go on /adv/ after 5 pages of reading.

after 5 pages i go through and answer only question on the first page of /adv/, then i read five more, repsond to any old threads that got more posts, or respond to new threads, then read 5 more, and so on and so forth.
>>
>>18163360
Buddy system would be even worse because all of my colleagues are lazy as hell, the problem is the time i waste on sites like youtube and even if i block them through plugins i always find another way to drift off, are there any supplements or some med stuff which improve concentration/attention span which i could get over the counter (in yurop) ?
>>
>>18163382

some vitamins like fish oil would supposedly do the trick, but really it comes down to you.

motivation is a bullshit concept. you dont need to want to do something in order to do it. you just need to do it.
>>
>>18163331
Slav system
Just do the whole thing whilst squatting
>>
>>18163387
Might actually look into getting some caps, this shit is why my performance got worse over the last year, fcking internet is too much for my zombie brain
>>
>>18163427

it wont fix you anon.
>>
It's mostly a just do it kind of thing. Cutting down on some habits helps, though. For example, restricting your internet hours. It's much harder to procrastinate if you can't browse the net.
After a while you get used to it and find other ways to procrastinate so it's an active process.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.