[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My life has become a soul crushing routine of sleep/phone/eat,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: CKy9yVNVAAEdTVv.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CKy9yVNVAAEdTVv.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
My life has become a soul crushing routine of sleep/phone/eat, I'm at my mom's house and all I want is to move out and start living. But I need to find work, which I've been looking for for over a month now, relentlessly. I've mainly been looking on the internet, but to no avail, I have no real experience so that might be why I'm struggling. I just want any shitty job, anything, but it feels like a lost cause. Is this normal, how long does it take to find work ? Am I doing it wrong ?
>>
inb4 babyboomer sermon about walking into a place in the 1970s which had a help wanted sign posted
>>
>>18162675
The problem is you're strictly looking online. How about you fucking go into town and look at physical signs and talk to the god damn managers. Most places will do on the spot interview if you'd just fucking ask! You lazy cunt!
>>
I sent out over 60 job applications before I got an unpaid internship and a job that had previously rejected me offered me the job because their first choice bailed. But I also only applied to jobs in the field I was interested in so it might be better for you
>>
>>18162680
The e-shouting effects make it extra persuasive.

brb jimmying the lock on the abandoned grocery store to seek out the manager (not OP)
>>
>>18162680
I've tried doing it that way, and it hasn't worked. France is very different from the UK/US in that aspect, they can't really fire anyone, but they are very careful who they hire. From experience and what I've been told its really not the way to go about it, but I'll keep trying since its all I can really do.
>>
Just look up local hiring agencies. They pair you up with jobs themselves. You go in person, take 2 kinds of ID (social security and drivers license). Take a pen, apply.

They give you a call almost right away, put you in some factory job most likely earning 8-10$/hour.

Or you can try construction. 13-15$/hour round these parts. Learn as you go.
>>
I don't know what it's like where you live, but when I was between jobs I would do temp work that payed you the same day you worked. It's generally warehouse/construction/blue collar stuff, but it's work.

Make sure it's a same day pay agency though, not a hiring firm or anything like that that makes you wait a week or two for your paycheck
>>
>>18162682
I've sent quite a few applications myself, but since I don't have experience in anything I don't have much to offer. I'd just love any crappy job like flippin burgers or something, but every offer is saturated with hundreds of applications.
>>
>>18162682
>before I got an unpaid internship

21st century in a nutshell: I desperately needed money, so I started working for free in hopes the master might give me something out of sheer pity someday.

I been places like that; I even got them to start paying me by working one miracle after another. It lasted a few months before any given employer was shylocked out of his last penny by the government. At one point I kept working without pay (just like I started) because I really wanted to help some people with their problems, but their fee money was cleaned out from the same business account and so my work was rejected as fees-unpaid. Really left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
Phone, who was phone?
>>
>>18162691
I've been to multiple agencies, they ask for previous experience and when i say i don't have any they tell me to fuck off. They dont even take my resume or anything, i just want a factory job or something, not a fancy job.
>>
>>18162700
Try to be one of the first applications to a job, or apply within a day or two, that helps. It's easy for me to do that though because I just check out a website that has new job postings come up every day

>>18162701
Oh I knew the unpaid internship wasn't going to amount in anything. I just needed a job before I passed the six month mark of unemployment, so I accepted an unpaid internship that was an hour away
>>
The worst part of the job market in California is trying to collect unemployment. Your employer is suddenly overdrafted on all accounts, your paycheck is not valid, nobody else in the cinderblock village has room for more employees, and the only way to pay your bills is to collect unemployment.

You look at the website, it tells you to use the phone instead. You call the number, it hangs up on you - the automated phone system hangs up on you. You call two minutes before opening time and it tells you to wait until opening time; you call the moment the minute strikes and it tells you the phone system is too busy to handle additional callers.

Entire rental office buildings are shutting down, and then sitting vacant indefinitely. I patrolled the whole building asking folks if they needed help; they said they really do need help but they haven't got anything to pay with. Each time I make a token gesture about bills and debts then carry on to the next rejection.

I really gotta get out of this place; pocket change can get me over the desert but the question is where the hell to go which will take a person with no surviving contacts.
>>
>>18162718
I've been checking the same big couple of sites daily, it doesn't matter how fast I am because within a day they have at least 20-30 applications. And between 30 people there's no way I come out on top experience wise
>>
Just create a job. Write articles for money online for blogs and review sites, no webmaster wants to make their own content. Cook hotdogs on the street. Mow lawns, shovel walks. It's not hard to make some cash. This isn't somolia yet.
>>
>>18162740
"Experience" is the holy grail now. It's fancy talk for saying 'wtf is entry level.' You try to talk to older folks about it, and they spout off this tower of fire and thunder built on a foundation of assuming the entry level market hasn't changed at all in the past 50 years.
>>
>>18162746
I need real money, enough to live independantly. I can't imagine paying rent and shit when mowing lawns.
>>
>>18162751
In my experience, you can do pretty much any job in an office. This is from working multiple jobs that require bachelors. Unless you're doing a job that requires a specialized skillset. Like programming, surgery, or mechanical work. Just apply. It's all just glorified data entry and office politics anyway.
>>
>>18162751
Yeah, its a weird loop where I'm denied every single job no matter how shit it may be because I lack experience. Hiring agencies won't even help me because I don't have experience...How am I supposed to get experience ???
Besides I bought this crap, I was in college and dropped out thinking I could find a job because all the boomers said it was easy, anyone willing to work could get some. What a load of bullshit, hundreds of people applying to wash dishes for minimum wage...
>>
>>18162769
The office tenants were evicted from their units and then the landlords were evicted from their former property. Major businesses in town including grocery stores have sat vacant for entire years on end.

If you really want to sound like a guru, could you give me some pointers on making a clean start someplace the heck else? I need to travel several hundred miles and then figure out how to make it in a place completely different from what I grew up with. No lie no stretch, it would honestly impress me if someone presented a coherent plan instead of just fortune cookie wisdom peppered with rage and insults.
>>
>>18162769
France is really horrible in that regard, everything has a degree, so when they have a hundred applications for a job flipping burgers they will take the one with a PhD in "burger flipping" even tho its a very basic skill that can be learned on the spot. Every job you can imagine no matter how shit has a degree required now in France, and the few that don't are over saturated
>>
>>18162779
It's a game of musical chairs, except instead of eliminating participants the number gets larger with each round. Chairs get fewer and butts get more numerous.

I thought it was a nightmare at the turn of the century. I deeply miss those days now.
>>
>>18162791
Use your "Any student receiving a state grant is automatically entitled to 100% reduction in Tuition Fees at state universities." And get a real degree or diploma that actually makes money.
>>
>>18162810
You mean, student debt? Way ahead of you on that regard but what I really need is money I can actually spend. I'm in my mid 30s and my campus job was the last one that ended any other way besides running out of money with which to pay me. Did I try going back to this job? Bet your ass I did. There were quadruple the applicants there were when I got that job, and the man in charge of the department knew every single one of the folks there except for me. Truth be told, I lost all nerve when I saw my competition was much older than myself. Going ahead and embarrassing myself, I didn't know any of the new equipment either and I would have to be trained before I could help others - the rest of the applicants had already been using it before.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.