[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me or is the internet really shit now? 4chan is awful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (100KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
100KB, 480x270px
Is it me or is the internet really shit now?

4chan is awful and not like it was 4-5 years ago, all the good old posters have probably moved on

Reddit is just awful, no explanation needed

There are a couple special interest forums I browse but they are mostly populated by older men and they are just figuring out what a meme is and it's just ... Bad.

Online gaming is even worse. Facebook is garbage.

Idk what to do. I'm addicted to the internet, but objectively it's awful. Anyone been in this position?

I'm 25 so I'm starting to wonder if I should just call it a day and move on. I've tried but I always keep coming back.

Not trying to sound all like hurrr back in my day blah blah blah.. but yeah. Everything sucks. I feel like there is 0 interesting content, anywhere. I've seen it all done it all read it all, and now there's nothing.

Obviously this falls on me, but everything seems so regurgitated and recycled, low quality and just ... Uninteresting.
>>
>>18162251
I doubt you've been here that long because the only thing that's changed is what boards are shit and what boards aren't.
The internet is shittier though. It's a combination of everyome being on to hide themselves from the end of the world and corporations trying to monetize everything.
>>
Yeah I'd agree it's pretty fucking horrible now, but it's definitely due in part to you getting older. Just dial back your reliance on it, because it won't get better.
>>
The magic is gone for you. You enjoyed wasting time on the internet before because you were likely younger and has less cares and frustrations about the world.

Now you are older and have more to deal with, you are likely more stressed out and subconsciously don't get as much pleasure from surfing the web because deep down you know you're just wasting your life, when before this didn't occur to you.
>>
The internet is about the same as always, if not better really. You found enjoyment in more niche places when you were younger, and now can no longer find the niche places that suit the current you. Combine that with the gave that everything feels more fun as a kid, and that's all, really.
>>
>>18162296

I was not prepared to feel these feels today.
>>
>>18162296
>>18162306

Yeah I guess you're both right.

Welp... Appreciate the responses.
>>
>>18162296
It's not this.
People have absolutely changed. We used to chat with complete strangers and make friends online all the time. Now no one talks to eachother unless they want to throw out some canned ''argument'' at you or brag about something in their lives.

I used to have loads of internet friends that I would chat with all day and play games with them, then meet some of them in real life.
Now it's impossible to hold a conversation with anyone for more than a few sentences.
Maybe everyone has just gotten better at using internet and they have shorter attention spans or something.
>>
>>18162350
You just proved that's exactly what it is. Take off the rose glasses dude
>>
>>18162411

Honestly I think you're both right. It's not one or the other.

You can't say things haven't declined or gotten worse and at the same time say that it's only because people have gotten older.

What if things have gotten progressively shittier, and it's 4x worse/more visible to the people who are older because of the rose colored glasses?
>>
It really hasn't changed that much. What has changed is your tastes and that's natural. You find different things funny and entertaining as a 25 year old than you did as an 18 year old or even 20 year old.

t. 26 year old whose internet preferences changed as he matured
>>
File: 0.png (5KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
5KB, 800x800px
>>18162251
Internet has become too self aware. If you post something crazy and out of the box then you are immediately questioned for being a troll, a crazy person, a person with an agenda, are you a sjw, are you a racist...

Then there's the rise of social media that Id like to go into. The internet has made everyone to have this carrot in front of them. "Likes", "re tweets", "karma". The internet has become self aware. How many times you see a post about something and then there's a dozen people making the same joke in their comment. Everyone thinks theyre a comedian now. The internet used to be more divided. There were the legendary posters and then us normal people. Now it's different. Everyone thinks they have the chance to become the next "meme". At least for a day.

Don't get me started on Reddit. Essentially a website where everyone can become a star for a day. American Karma Idol. When you go into a thread youll see these amateur "comedians" make a shitty joke that will make your breath air out of your nose. At best. Then there's the whole reddit agenda. There's a narrative there with unwritten rules. Any good post from the old days would clash with that narrative. There's so much ironic posting, especially here on 4chan.

No new ideas. "Lets go to 4chan to post memes" - There's too many contributing! Actually I think "Cuck" is the single thing that the internet has made these days that is amazing, but at the same time the vast user population makes anything go old in a day, because again, everyone thinks theyre a special poster. NO. You shouldnt even be allowed to make a thread, you shits. There's nothing you can add to the value of the internet. You're leeches. FB ruined the internet, but now it's the one in ruin. It used to be the place you go just to add the girls in your area and hope to talk to them. Now it even has its own memes. NO. STOP.

So what can be done? Nothing. The internet has passed the turing test. And we should all just quit
>>
>>18162558

well shit..
>>
>>18162251
>Is it me or is the internet really shit now?
It was never particularly good.
I've been on 4chan since the gaia raids in 2006, provided you enjoy what is "in", you can enjoy whatever you find, if you have a specific interest there is probably a board on 4chan or a subreddit you can follow.

Part of the problem I have currently have with the internet is how mainstream memes became, which in turn fucked the quality as there are more memes that are just templates you can write on rather than in jokes, or that everything became a meme.
But I enjoy following the odd legitimately random /b/ thread, some of /pol/'s content is entertaining and the whole HWNDU saga is a laugh (purely because it takes me back to the Tom Green saga).

The internet is what you make of it, you might be consuming too much content and as a result are burning out, take some time off or restrict how many sites you visit, find what you enjoy and stop trawling through shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.