[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physics masters or linguistics masters? I'd really like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Merihaka.png (554KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
Merihaka.png
554KB, 800x532px
Physics masters or linguistics masters?
I'd really like to study linguistics, but I'd love to have a career in physics
What do
>>
Physics is a very diffucult degree. Surely only the very smartest of students can finish it. It's also a very quantitative degree-much more different than linguistics.

Did you just pick them at random?

Have you thought seriously about where'll you'll be ten years from graduation of both of them?
>>
>>18162061
You're fucked either way, so might as well go for the one you enjoy learning more, since you'll never actually work in that field after you get your masters. I'll never forget the linguistics master from UCLA who was working in our IT company for the past 6 years before I was hired.
>>
>>18162095
I got near-perfect scores from my physics finals and linguistics has always been a passion of mine
Linguistics doesn't really produce a career, but I'm a friend of literature and have got some short stories published, so it would probably lead me to be an independent writer/translator
Physics could lead me to an actual job in meteorology/industry, but the fact stands that its behind a much bigger workload than linguistics.

>>18162100
I kind of agree. Poor guy though
>>
>>18162130
Well, if you want a stable and lucrative career in the private sector, then most of the times your passions and what you do in your job won't overlap.

Why not speak to a careers advisor in your college?
>>
>>18162196
she's kind of helpless
>I can't choose between these two, which should I prioritize?
>Well here you have to first ask yourself: where do I see myself in ten years? You have to take into account the job situation, possible financial managements, motivation and so on. Have you thought about electric engineering?
>just tell me pls
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.