[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice on helping someone forget or feel better? Just broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_2515.jpg (42KB, 609x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2515.jpg
42KB, 609x359px
Any advice on helping someone forget or feel better? Just broke up with gf of two and a half years. In retrospect she was a manipulative bully but boy oh does it hurt without her. Pic is effectively what happened.
>>
I feel you OP. My gf of 2 years left me a week ago. I've been thinking about her non-stop ever since to the point that I'm getting mentally sick...

I don't have any advice for you but since I'm in the same situation I thought I would drop by and seek advice too
>>
Man I wish a guy would feel like that about me

What made you like the girl so much?
>>
>>18162120
She was funny and cute and kinda understanding in the beginning. I met her right when my depression was getting pretty bad and she helped me through that. We were both kinda damaged and found solace in each other, but she got better and stopped loving me.
>>
>>18162132
Why can't you just find another girl who is as good as if not better than her?
>>
>>18162120
>Man I wish a guy would feel like that about me
Go outside.
>>
>>18162097
Thanks man, kinda helps knowing I'm not completely alone in my feelings
>>
>>18162139
>goes outside
Now what?
>>
>>18162138
I'll probably find someone eventually but right now it just sucks. Everything reminds me of what we had together and she pulled some shady "feel bad about me even though I hurt you shit" at the last possible second
>>
>>18162155
Wait to be approached.
>>
>>18162161
Yeah guys who've approached me have only wanted sex, they didn't want to get to know me and be in a relationship with me

Not every girl is pretty enough to be considered girlfriend material
>>
>>18162167
True.
>>
>>18162167
OP here, my gf wasn't exactly great by most standards but I still loved her with all my heart. You just gotta find someone who's willing to take the time to get to know you and like who you really are.
>>
>>18162132
You have it good friend. I wish my gf would break up with me. I truly care about her, but I can't stand her crippling insecurity, doubting my loyalty and at the same time being obsessed with me. She's a good person, I'm just tired of this circus of insecurity. If I were to break up, it would completely destroy her. Her parents divorce fucked her up, and I would just be the final nail in the coffin emotionally destroying her, and also fucking her up in one of the hardest academic periods in her life. I feel like it's better to have your heart broken than to break someone's heart.
>>
>>18162159
When a song ends do you feel bad when you remember the fun you had listening to it?

No, that would be stupid, you just look forward to enjoying more music.
>>
>>18162190
Sounds like how my relationship started. Guess in the end she's happy with someone else and that's okay.
>>
>>18162195

You now have the opportunity to better yourself. I've been rejected before and have had my heart 'broken' by crushes, but all that ever did was motivate me to workout, be stronger, better looking, more active and get into hobbies. Being in a relationship has caused all that to disappear. The motivation is not there anymore. Having been on both sides of the spectrum, I can now say being single is way better.
>>
>>18162191
You can always listen to the exact same song, you know it will always be there. You can't relive a moment, and the only place it exists is in your fading memory.
>>
>>18162222
Ok a better analogy would be a play or live performance that you can never replicate

Do you feel sad when that's over? No, you go to another show
>>
>>18162220
At this point I miss having someone to share my life with. I got so used to being able to just talk to her when something bothered me or I saw something interesting and now that's gone. I see your point though and appreciate the advice.
>>
>>18161944
Paradoxically, your pain can be a source of comfort. A broken heart is proof that you have a heart, and we all have moments of wondering if we are capable of real emotion. You now know you are.
>>
>>18162232
Hopefully a better one
>>
>>18162236
Also after all of her talk of loyalty and getting married imagining her with another guy fucking sucks
>>
>>18162331

Learn your lesson and next time don't take any "loyalty" talk seriously from anybody, especially a woman. I don't mean you should stop all your emotions, just that part about blindly believing in loyalty. It'll get better in time, hang in there.
>>
>>18162250

What a bunch of fucking bullshit. What if op already knew he "has a heart" and is "capable of real emotion"? Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>18162346
Seems like women just say that stuff to manipulate people at this point then by the end they just get real blatant about it.
>>
>>18162361
Considering I don't go around the neighborhood killing dogs, I think I have a heart and am capable of feeling.
>>
>>18162132

>helped through depression
>manipulative bully

???
>>
>>18162377
She started out cool but as time went on she began ignoring me when I needed help and acted hurt and offended if I did anything she wasn't a fan of.
>>
>>18162331
Does she have another guy in her life or are you just imagining her with another guy?
>>
>>18162396
She met some dude with a kid she was interested in. We tried to do the whole be friends thing for awhile but she was clearly just using me so I ended things.
>>
>>18162379
Why would you miss her if she did mean shit to you? Clearly breaking up was for the better
>>
>>18162418
Because she would always make it look like my fault and at the time I was dumb enough to buy it.
>feel bad
>talk to gf to feel better
>oh can we not do this I had a bad day
>okay I guess
Repeat forever
>>
>not every girl is pretty enough to be girlfriend material

Now i am very interested in you femanon. Why do you think you are not good material for gf status?
Are you
>fat
>lazy
>stupid
>poor
>uneducated
>heartless
>anything but traditional
>tattooed
>pierced
>agresive hair coloured
>asexual / frigid
>depressed
>infertile

Common tell us your story so we can transform you into gf material.
>>
>>18162427

You're missing my point. if she was such a bitch, why do you still love her? You should be happy she's gone
>>
>>18162430
Ahaha aggressive hair coloured
>>
>>18162445
Part of me is but the other part misses her. It wasn't all bad like I said she was still nice for a fair amount of time before going full asshole.
>>
>>18162463
Then just think about all the bad times, that's what helps me get over a person.
Whenever a nice memory of someone pops into my head I try to remember the times they were an asshole too
>>
>>18162479
I'll have to try that, as of late it's been either good memories with sadness or asshole memories with anger. Like all things there must be balance it seems.
>>
>>18162097
Hope all this helps you too anon. We'll get through these hard times.
>>
>>18162139
if only it worked that way but alas
>>
This shit fucking sucks. I have two big exams tomorrow I can't study at all. I just feel like punching a wall
>>
I'm dead inside
>>
>>18163500
Sometimes I wish I could be too
>>
>>18162190
>_> um are you my fucking bf because what you described is literally me in my relationship
>>
File: 1459099714649.jpg (150KB, 797x957px) Image search: [Google]
1459099714649.jpg
150KB, 797x957px
>>18162097
>go to sleep thinking about her
>sleep dreaming about her
>wake up thinking about her
>go to work thinking about her
>come home thinking about her

when does it end
>>
>>18164737
>find old phone under bed
>start it up to see what's on it
>photos of when she loved me

It hurts so much
>>
File: ralph_simpson.png (105KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
ralph_simpson.png
105KB, 750x1334px
Welp, didn't think I'd ever be here but so it is. Driving home after a break up and get rear ended by a minivan only to have her twist the knife. Met some photographer on fucking Instagram. Gotta admit it's pretty hard not to just confront her but you bros are a big help.
>>
File: IMG_2599.gif (430KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2599.gif
430KB, 480x270px
>>18164778
Why do they always have to be so mean right at the end
>>
>>18161944
>>18162097
I feel you, anons. In my case it was a guy I loved for 10 years but it hurts just like it hurts to you.

It's been 2 months, I dont have any advice. Every day feels slow, every night I really want to cry... I guess a wound keeps hurting even after the bandage.
>>
>>18164778
Wow, that's pretty childish. Probably better off op, it's just gonna take time
>>
>>18164816
I think the pain has given way to feeling empty and heart broken
>>
>>18164753
know that feeling anon
>>
>>18164753

have so much fucking shit due and i can hardly focus/work because all i can do is think of her

fuck my life
>>
File: 1478441899411.png (539KB, 594x517px) Image search: [Google]
1478441899411.png
539KB, 594x517px
I LOVE HER SO FUCKING MUCH FUCK
>>
File: 2b8f68e73a[1].png (15KB, 369x380px) Image search: [Google]
2b8f68e73a[1].png
15KB, 369x380px
This post will probably be ignored and forgotten quickly, but I need to vent.

>My, then girlfriend breaks up with me three years ago
>Tells me I might have another chance if I stop crying over our breakup, eventually
>I take a long look at myself and decide to improve myself in every area as much as I can
>Begin a long journey of self improvement
>Improve my spoken english
>Properly learn what I missed back in college
>Lose weight and reach the recommended one for my height (6'2")
>Buy, pirate, find books on all kinds of subjects and keep learning so not a single thing is unknown to me
>Get a degree on computer engineering
>Get fit
>Keep learning even though I've learned enough, but only for the sake of becoming an even better person
>Do everything within my power to get noticed by her so she knows what my progress is like
>Time passes (three years) and my hope still lives on
>Hours ago I was told she married my ex best friend
>The weight of the world struck my head, years of self improvement down the drain

Right now I possess no goals, no desire to go forward nor kill myself, but I very well know that I cannot stop, however, my health is delicate and my heart weak so are my feelings.

I just cannot believe all that work, that struggle, the sweat, the tears I shed, were for nothing.

I'm tired.

But in the end, I have none to blame but myself.

Burn all books.

Burn all memories.

Burn my struggle.

For I don't want to see them back.
>>
>>18165002

I like how you reached a better version of yourself, but because you couldn't get back with someone, it was all worthless - like you hadn't literally just made a ton of progress.

As if there weren't other girls to date who are also special and beautiful.
>>
File: hdrawing.png (25KB, 652x832px) Image search: [Google]
hdrawing.png
25KB, 652x832px
>>18165010
I know other girls exist, however, I'm yet to find them. Anyhow, I appreciate your comment, have this drawing.
>>
File: 1489643586358.jpg (99KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
1489643586358.jpg
99KB, 1280x688px
>>18165002
>You are a much better person than you were 3 years ago
>Your ex regressed to the point of marrying somebody she met through you
>Implying she won't eventually do the same thing to him, but with the added complication of shared assets and possibly children

It sucks, but she gave you a gift my man. You just have to realize it
>>
>>18165025
Perhaps.

But now, what do I do?
>>
>>18162190
I had a relationship like this and my biggest regret in life was not dumping her as soon as I realised how fucking screwed up she was. It's not up to you to save her. It's your life and you deserve to be happy. Fuck this crazy bitch off, she'll use how screwed up she is to get you to look after her and stop seeing your friends and family and doing your own things. Pitty is not a good reason to stay with someone.
>>
>>18165002
Mate clearly she's not worthy of you. That self improvement was for yourself not for her.
>>
>>18164778

>instagram

Why were you dating a whore?
>>
>>18165002

Please don't think I'm trolling or trying to be an edgelord, but have you considered killing them?
>>
can you ppl just accept it hurts for a while?
you liked the good times right?
these are the bad ones, now stop trying to get away from it
it hurts because it has to hurt
it will stop

stop wanting instant gratification
>>
>>18162132
Are you me anon?
I had to resolve myself to break out of my situation and I still feel pangs of guilt and sadness over it.

You'll make it eventually, a breakup is like a bad injury or a cold
Sometimes it goes away quickly and sometimes the shit lingers, but eventually it goes away.
>>
File: IMG_7699.jpg (85KB, 750x845px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7699.jpg
85KB, 750x845px
>>18164704
> ">_>"
>>
>>18165038
git gud at life and find a non-psycho 12/10 that will enhance, not complete your life and will bear you strong beautiful children
>>
>>18162190
Oh ho ho, I was right where you are. Finally left her, cut all contact, it killed me, I never thought I would do that to someone even someone who honestly just used me for attention/sex/pity etc

One bad night 3mo later I responded to one of her fucked up emails describing a new bf (ex by then) beating her like her ex before me did (nice huh?) Met up, started fucking (sex was always amazing) then I found out via Facebook which I had reactivated that she had just started dating a new guy. Finally we broke it off, I ended up getting an email from the guy threatening police action... Not sure how he would've justified that but w/e

Anyways man just get out
>>
>>18162188
Yeah this. I don't do short term/ONS anything. If I meet a girl I like and stay with her I give her all I've got, I've only slept with 5 women and had 3 LTRs (only one since highschool) 23 now, pretty jaded about it. I pretty much think posters like you are just 300lb neckbeards trying to get (you)'s but if not... There are guys like me out there. Just send some signals like you women are so good at sending, or make the first move, either way
>>
>>18162167
>Not every girl is pretty enough to be considered girlfriend material

women that say this, either weight too much or lack the buddy like personality.

If you are not chubby, you can get a guy.
>>
>>18165143
That sound pretty cool, I'll do that, thanks.
>>
>>18165143
I'm not sure why but that made me laugh and boosted my mood
>>
>>18165166
Sweety, I hate to break the news to you, even chubby girls can get guys.
>>
>>18164982
But they don't love us anon. I try to remember that whenever I get the urge to try and go back.

Like everyone said, it'll get better we just have to survive the now.
>>
File: IMG_2619.jpg (165KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2619.jpg
165KB, 612x816px
Thanks to everyone who gave advice and hope it helps all the other anons. I think I'll be better after this.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.