[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Second heartbreak in less than a year Yep, fuck it. Has anybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: depression_drinking.jpg (15KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
depression_drinking.jpg
15KB, 600x400px
Second heartbreak in less than a year

Yep, fuck it. Has anybody else sworn off love? I'm getting the feeling that it's not for me...First heartbreak was from my first break up, second heartbreak was from my first rejection after making a move when hanging out with this chick.

It just sucks because at 27, I'd love to have a family around 30, and would love nothing more in life than having a family.
>>
>>18160171
You will always return to wanting love. I wanted to swear off it too but fuck being human
>>
"Gave up" is the right term.

32 and dreaming of stable family, nightmares of all the families around me and the ways they ended.
>>
>>18160171
You have to act quickly and play the numbers with potential relationships. You can't let yourself get heartbroken over rejection. Save the heartbreak for real relationships.
>>
You can try to stay away from love, but unless you plan on never interacting with women it won't happen.

Eventually some girl is going to stumble into your life and do something to make you fall in love with her. She's not going to reciprocate your feelings and you're going to be left crushed once again.
>>
The secret is raise your standards slightly. Make women work for your affection instead of the other way around.
>>
Maybe you should stop falling in love before you know the girl is interested in you too. I'm serious btw. I used to be like you, fawning over a girl and then finally doing something and fucking it all up. Then I stopped leaving myself so emotionally vulnerable and I'm trying to go through the right steps before falling hopelessly in love.
>>
>>18160171

It's not love that's the problem. The version or idea of love sold to you was not true for men.

The type of love that men are taught and that exists only exists for women and children from their mothers. You do not know what kind love actually exists out there for men because you were never taught it.

The truth of the matter is that any love that you will receive is conditional as an adult. As an adult, there is no such this as unrequited love.
>>
>>18160171
I did about 7 years ago. Then in November i met this cute girl. She's so amazing, pretty, fun to be around.
And now I have again and I've been feeling absolutely shitty the past few weeks.

>>18161239
I can't read people very well. I honestly thought she was interested in me too.
Which I guess was technically true just not nearly the same as I was in to her.
>>
File: 1471884888356.jpg (165KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
1471884888356.jpg
165KB, 491x750px
>>18160171
I'm not exactly an expert at these things, but here's my two cents:

I just bumped into my ex after having left Facebook for almost 4 years.
She seemed to have just jumped right out of the depression she was in when I was dating her.
Trying to help her and failing made me feel helpless and ultimately depressed myself.

I ended up leaving her over this, since I couldn't stick around a bottomless barrel for my own good.

Now she seems to have gotten over whatever it was that was bothering her,
and I feel heartbroken for not sticking around.

'Cause I'm here with a job, a car and a place of my own,
but still feel as if the only good thing in life is to have and to hold someone you love.

I'm trying to give up on love,
but it seems like there's no true life without this kind of hurt.

Give it some time, even though it feels hopeless.
I'm feeling you 100%, OP.

Godspeed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.