[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I gifted a friend a puppy golden retriever and it is really stressing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0011.jpg (33KB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
33KB, 300x251px
I gifted a friend a puppy golden retriever and it is really stressing her out.

She lives 5min from work so she has to go home during lunch and walk him. She also can't go to work early/leave late because she feels bad for leaving the dog in his crate.

She has no one to help take care of him and is complaining that it is affecting her work and social life.

What can I do to help? What's some advice about taking care of puppies?

She told me to leave her alone when I asked about how she feels...
>>
Gifting someone a pet is a really bad idea. My mom keeps doing it and every time she ends up having to raise the animal herself or find a home for it.
>>
>>18159513
Did you "surprise" her with it? Constant responsibility for another living being isn't just something you give as a "gift." If she didn't agree to the puppy before you gave it to her, I honestly think you should offer to adopt it from her and take care of it yourself
>>
>>18159588
She went to get it with me.
>>
>>18159602
Is she a moron? Or just an irresponsible pet owner? Because she has to be one of the two if she doesn't think about whether she can give it the time and attention it needs before getting one.

If she can't look after it, it needs to go back to the pet store or to a shelter before it grows older and is harder to train.
>>
>>18159513
>I gave a high maintenance pet as a gift to someone who has a full time job
Holy fuck you are stupid, a dog as a gift?
She is emotionally and financially attached to a pet she loved the idea of before she had it, and now doesn't want to let it live a sad life elsewhere or want to resort to having it put down.
>>
>>18159620
I thought she could take care of it.

She's complaining that it is taking over her social and work life.

We got it from a breeder. What should we do?
>>
>>18159652
She's only had it for a week. We can still do something about it.
>>
>>18159653
You're both stupid and irresponsible as fuck. Puppies are living, breathing beings that require time and attention. They're not cute props for instagram photos that you can just put away in a cupboard once you're done playing with them.

I told you what you need to do. Take it back to where you got it from, or take it to a shelter.
>>
>>18159653
Try to return the dog lol. Or sell it. Wtf... This story really bothers me. Did you not have any experience with pets? Or are you just stupid. Asylum also an option
>>
>>18159664
I'm not sure what she wants to do.
When I suggested if she wants to get rid of him she got mad instantly.

I personally don't care that much. It's just a dog. I don't care about hurting it's feelings... it should be happy though. And so should she.
>>
>>18159672
Your options are:
>take it back
>she quits her job and takes care of it full time
>put up with it and be horrible people and she'll be a horrible pet owner
>>
>>18159657
>She's only had it for a week
That's more than enough time to get attached to a pet.
>>
>>18159714
What do u suggest?

Can't the dog stay home on it's own for 8 hours after 6 months or so? My dog has no problems he just sleeps all day.

Also she's gonna be back in school in a month (college) so it will be much easier to take care of.
>>
>>18159752
>Can't the dog stay home on it's own for 8 hours after 6 months or so?
If they're well-trained, but even then, they need attention. Imagine if you were left alone for that long every day and then afterwards the only person you had to interact with was tired from working and cranky and resented you because they would rather be out with friends but had to look after you.
>>
>>18159752
No, at 6 months it could stay a maximum of 6 hours without peeing on the floor. Bring it back to the breeder, they'll rehome it to an actually decent family. Get her a cat.
>>
>>18159754
that was my life from like age 10 onwards tho whenever I got home from school
>>
OP should try to go 8+ hours without peeing or pooping, and without any sort of entertainment except inanimate objects.

What on earth would possess you to spend hundreds on a puppy to give a person? Are you trying to fuck them, if you're a guy? Or were you two stupid "awwww Dat pupper is so cuute!" twat girls?

You don't get into a girl's pants by giving her more responsibility. Or you can also observe cute puppies on YouTube.
>>
>>18159513
You and her are both fucking retards. Convince her to take it back to where you bought it.
>>
You also should not have bought a puppy. From now on, only get dogs from shelters you stupid dicks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.