[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my boyfriend feels like he's about to be fired from his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1433172563291.jpg (38KB, 596x710px) Image search: [Google]
1433172563291.jpg
38KB, 596x710px
So my boyfriend feels like he's about to be fired from his job of two years, and I need your help /adv/, he feels devastated.

He says new management has made the work environment very (for lack of a better term) toxic, that the new manager has fired several people to bump up profit, which looks good on paper but they're severely understaffed, very disorganized and mean-spirited.

On new years eve I was meant to pick him up at 11:30 to go celebrate, I left my house a little earlier than usual so I could drive slowly in case of drunk drivers, I got there at 11 (thirty minutes before he got off) and so I was waiting in the lobby when his manager told him I couldn't just sit there and that I had to leave, so it feels very personal and vindictive.

My question is, should he quit before he gets fired?
What are his options? What can I do? I feel so unable to do anything.

I wish I could just contact the company and let them know what's going on but they probably hold the manager in high regard so they'd probably just dismiss my complaint.

Thanks for reading all that, I really appreciate your help.

pic unrelated
>>
Careful when you complain up the chain of command. It isn't always anonymous and in some places it ends up just going back to the management of the location you're complaining about.
Have him start applying and interviewing elsewhere. It's better to put your fate into your own hands rather than letting the company make the decision for you. Feels a lot better than getting fired too.
If he finds a better job, cool. He can leave that toxic environment and he'll probably be a lot happier for it.
>>
>>18159488
>should he quit before he gets fired?
If he can line up a job before he does, then sure.

>I wish I could just contact the company and let them know what's going on but they probably hold the manager in high regard so they'd probably just dismiss my complaint.
Don't get involved yourself. Just support him.
>>
>>18159488
Make him update his resume/CV and start looking for jobs, if he thinks he is going to be fired, it will be better to find a job and leave, rather than explain to a new potential employer why his last job came to an end.
Networking isn't a bad idea provided you can keep the fact he is looking elsewhere a secret from his managers.

>I wish I could just contact the company and let them know what's going on but they probably hold the manager in high regard so they'd probably just dismiss my complaint.
That's an awful idea, don't even entertain the idea of doing that working in any way, don't even mention the idea to your boyfriend as it will only add to his stress if he thinks you are that stupid.
>>
>>18159599
I just don't understand how people can get away with putting profits above costumer satisfaction, it's kind of maddening.
>If he finds a better job, cool. He can leave that toxic environment and he'll probably be a lot happier for it.
I'll pass this on to him, thank you anon.

>>18159624
>If he can line up a job before he does, then sure.
He's got a pretty promising interview next week, but what if doesn't get it? He said a gap in his resume wouldn't look too good but I'm not sure if that's worse than getting fired.

>Don't get involved yourself. Just support him.
I'll stay out of it, I just feel really frustrated, I don't want him to be taken for a ride, but thank you for your advice, anon.

>>18159643
>rather than explain to a new potential employer why his last job came to an end.
You're right, that's probably what he's worried about.

>That's an awful idea
I know, I'm dumb and impulsive and my gears start spinning but I don't think I would've carried it out, in any case thanks.
>>
>>18159662
>what if doesn't get it?
Keep looking for other jobs. Don't quit until he has one because then his employment gap looks irresponsible, instead of him being able to explain it with whatever excuse they give him if he's fired.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.