[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just seeking some relationshit opinions, particularly from femanons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1401651079324.jpg (30KB, 382x322px) Image search: [Google]
1401651079324.jpg
30KB, 382x322px
Just seeking some relationshit opinions, particularly from femanons

Imagine you're in a long distance relationship with your partner (different cities; plan to move in together during summer). You generally see each other every 2 weeks.

Instead of meeting up over the next 2 weeks, your partner says they have chosen to work weekends those two weekends instead of taking the time to see you (you earn a lot more money, so you arrange airbnb + travel to them). Which means you get to next see them in 3 weeks. How do you feel about this? Indifferent, disappointed, mad?
>>
Sad and disappointed, to be honest.
>>
Which is kind of the way I feel.

I moved countries to be closer (she wasnt the main reason, medical school was better there, but it was still a big consideration). Ive regularly tried to allocate time away from my busy studies to see her.

Its not LETS BREAK UP material, but I do feel a little hearbroken that my gf has chosen some extra shifts at KFC instead of seeing each other, especially if she keeps texting me how much she wants to see me. Bit of a mindfuck
>>
Yeah, I'd feel sad first, and then after stewing in my feels for a while the sadness would probably transmute itself to anger. "How DARE she pick work over seeing me? Doesn't she GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS RELATIONSHIP????"

I don't recommend saying that, but personally I'd probably be steamed enough about it to tell her how I felt. Civilly. Politely. Taking a deep breath and texting or saying, "Look, I know you have your reasons, but this is how that made me feel ..."

Better than bottling it up.
>>
......It kind of depends on whether the partner is living at home with parents or other location where they'd have little to no rent or if they are on their own/with roommates and have to pay bills on how I personally would feel. Disappointed to varying degrees sure but I'd have no problem accepting the situation if they had bills to pay. On top of that, maybe they picked up the extra shifts to help save up money for when you're moving in together. If they're working some form of fast food they'd have to save up every cent from that kind of job and soak up as many hours as possible. Honestly it's narrow sighted to be upset about a single weekend when you have a larger amount of time namely the murky future, to look forward to.
>>
So are they the one to always visit you or do you visit them?

If I were them, I'd feel bad for making you pay every time (I'd feel pressure to spend my own money, but since I'm financially insecure, it'd cause even more stress)

Money ruins relationships
>>
>>18158613

I often see them, but I always pay for the airbnb. This is another small point of strife for me, as I live in dorms. She used to have a place we could chill at, but moved into a shared place because it was cheaper.

I dont think she considered the full story though as now I end up having to pay for a apartment for us each time. Its another thing im not really sure how to raise. I can take the financial hit, im just not sure if its being appreciated.
>>
>>18158617
Dude you have to talk to her and find out why. She might have a concrete reason or some wishy washy feeling. Ask her. And then after you get the answer, tell her your problem with this situation.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.