[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you get PTSD from having your feelings hurt? I got rejected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: ptsd.gif (19KB, 520x278px) Image search: [Google]
ptsd.gif
19KB, 520x278px
Can you get PTSD from having your feelings hurt?

I got rejected by my best and only friend about 2 and a half years ago. He made me trust him to open up about my feelings for him and then brutally rejected me anyway. And i can't get over it.

I cry all the time, i fall into depressions for weeks at a time, i think about suicide often, I'm afraid of people, i have nightmares, i have vivid and intrusive memories that can pop up out of nowhere, I've gone from assuming that people generally like me to feeling unwanted and unliked by default. I bail from potential friendships and relationships the moment i sense potential for pain, which is always early.

I don't know what to do. I feel weak and ashamed that something hurtful but ultimately minor could break me so easily.

What is going on with me?
>>
>>18158070
Probably. Emotional pain tends to last longer than physical. Take care of yourself invest in you.
>>
>>18158092
I've been trying to do that and I'll do well for a week or two then I'll unravel. Then I'll get back on track, only to unravel again.

It sucks because it precludes me from making new friends, but i think having friends would help a lot.
>>
You have to find stuff to do, anything to divert your mind from thinking about him. All you can really do is to move on, painfully, but in time it will heal. See more people and maybe something will happen. And what do you mean by he "brutally rejected" you?
>>
>>18158070
>Brutal rejection
You need to elaborate on this further, because right now you seem like a fucking baby who's doing a disservice to people with actual PTSD.
>>
Depression does not mean PTSD you shit.
>>
>>18159043
He was getting close to another girl and could tell that I was jealous, so he sat me down and talked me to me one night (we were roommates) and told me that if I wanted a relationship, he would choose me.

I said that I did, we had sex (I was a virgin) and then he went and hung out with the other girl the next day and came back telling me he only said and did all that stuff because he didn't think she liked him too. But she told him that she did while they were hanging out so he was moving out and going to move in with her. He also told me I owed him $600 (I did the math after giving him the money and realized that I didn't) and used that money to get a new apartment with the other girl.
>>
I don't know if I'd call it PTSD, but we are influenced by everything we experience, our personality is the result of our experiences (with a little fine-tuning from our DNA).

The depth of the changes an experience causes in us is directly proportional with the emotional impact it had on us. Still, having one single experience completely change our character is pretty rare. What's more likely to have happened in your case is that this experience put you on a spiral of doubt, self-loathing and depression. It's not only you being rejected that led to this point, it's everything you did and everything you thought after that. That event kickstarted a bad habit or created a bad train of thought that made you miserable. There's a subtle difference between this kind of issue and PTSD. Of course, these are only an armchair psychologist's interpretation of a few sentences, I could be very wrong.

I suggest you look into meditation. It may sound silly to you depending on your preconceptions, but you should give it a try nonetheless. Read "10% Happier" by Dan Harris and "Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard in this order. If nothing else they're a couple of interesting books.
>>
>>18159065
I want to kill the fucking moron who did that to you.
>>
>>18159060
It feels different than depression. It's not just being sad. A guy who I think is interested in me (I am not interested in him) texted me today and I had a panic attack and nearly threw up because the thought of getting close to someone or someone trying to get close to me again makes me incredibly anxious.

I don't know what it is. If using PTSD is offensive, I'm sorry. I don't know what's going on.
>>
>>18159089
Having flashbacks is actually a symptom of PTSD. Might be some merit to that.
>>
>>18159065
The only thing bad about that is giving more money than you actually owed, which is still your fault. That guy is a fuckboy, but honestly all of this is your fault.
>>
>>18159086
>>18159086
Hey thanks for that. Hearing other people say it was an awful thing to do helps. I don't really have anyone to talk to about it in real life, but I did talk to a few family members (I left out the sex stuff) and they just told me he had a right to pursue his happiness....which I agree that he does, but I mean, did he have to do it that way?

For his part, he acknowledged that it's the worst thing he's ever done, but he also said he's not going to feel guilty about it. I don't know how to feel about that.
>>
>>18159065
He probably said that for sex. And then he Jewed you because he knew you'd submit. Basically, get away from the little shit. He's not worth it.
>>
>>18158070
This is maybe the most tumblr thing I've ever read. Not trying to be edgy
>Life sucks kiddo learn to deal with it or DIE
but you really should get over it. You were probably deprrsses before hand and this is more the straw that broke the camel's back.
>>
>>18159102
You got played, you were the one who let him fuck you.

And
>>18159086
Sounds like an orbiter cuck.

It almost sounds like you want problems in your life, stop trying to make getting pumped and dumped a big deal. It happens to a lot of people.
>>
>>18159098
Yeah, we had 3 months left on the lease when he moved out and we were working out financials. I was too distraught to think straight.

Initially me taking over the lease was supposed to even out the $600 that I already (questionably) owed him (there's more backstory here...I had originally said I'd pay more rent if I needed to since I made more money, but we got a much cheaper apartment than we both expected so I didn't think I needed to and he never said anything about it until he decided to move out) but he turned it into a three card monte type game where it ended with me taking over the lease, he'd pay utilities, and paying him $600, that I legally did not owe him in the first place anyway. All in all, he probably got away with closer to $2000 since I think he also overestimated how much he'd be paying for utilities in winter.

Yes, it's my fault for going with whatever he said. But I can't communicate how non-functional and shut down I was at the time. I don't think I would have moved out of the way of a train coming straight towards me.
>>
>>18159122
>It almost sounds like you want problems in your life, stop trying to make getting pumped and dumped a big deal. It happens to a lot of people.

This was my best friend of 10 years though. It wasn't just some guy I met off tinder. I trusted him more than I trust my family.
>>
>>18158070
You're weak minded OP. But that's okay. Not many can deal with emotional pain. No, you can't get ptsd from emotional pain. You are in a state of grief and that comes in 5 stages. Anger, denial, bargaining and reasoning, depression, and acceptance.
>>
You should most likely have sex with someone else. It will take your mind off all this stuff swirling around. The end.
>>
>>18159135
>No, you can't get ptsd from emotional pain

wat

You understand that watching people die all around you and being affected by it is 100% emotional pain, right?
>>
>>18159094
I don't know if they're flashbacks. I don't act them out or mistakenly think I'm there, which is what i thought flashbacks were. But they're doesn't than just remembering something idly. It's like someone hit play on a dvd in my brain and i can't stop it if it makes sense. It's more vivid than a memory and i can't control it.
>>
>>18158070

There are different degrees of ptsd.
What you have does sound like the milder form. Start taking vitamin d3 5000 iu daily. It helps alot with the anxiety and depression. You'll never forget a traumatizing event but you can reduce it's hold on you.
>>
>>18159227
Thanks, I will definitely pick some up today. I've been trying to keep a bullet journal full of tasks to do to keep me occupied, but I fall apart after 2 or 3 weeks of activity, have a depression period for 2 or 3 weeks, cyclically.

But I think vitamin taking is simple enough I can do it daily without issue, whether I'm in a depression or not.
>>
>>18158070
I have seen this before. its actually easy to get over, but doing it is extremely difficult, for a short period of time. its called suicide
>>
you don't have ptsd you're just retarded
>>
>>18159709
i am considering that. i did make a half assed attempt at one point, but obviously it did not work.
>>
>>18159709
i feel like i have another year left in me to turn shit around or gtfo
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.