[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who make $100k+ a year, what are you doing and how did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0004.jpg (88KB, 698x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
88KB, 698x400px
People who make $100k+ a year, what are you doing and how did you get there?

Im about to graduate high school and my goal is to make this amount of cash at some point in my life, college or not, and im willing to work hard to reach that goal. Help me come to a conclusion.
>>
$100,000 isn't that ambitious.

You could shoot for a commission based 9-5 sales job like loan officer or sell timeshare at a vacation spot like Hawaii or Vegas and easily make $200,000-$500,000...You don't even need much experience or education to get these jobs. Either you can sell, or you can't and they are ALWAYS hiring sales people. Can never have enough good salesman.

I don't like 8 hour jobs, I sold timeshare in Vegas when I was 19...wasn't a closer but was a salesman who T.Oed my sales to closers. I made great money but hated humping tables for 8 hours and didn't even get make the most commission when I was doing all the work with or without the "closer".

My buddy quit to go solo and sell campground memberships (basically timeshare for people who bought and travel in R.Vs) in Utah, and was making $200,000~ working 3-4 hour days. I asked for his business model, sat it on a few of his sales presentations..once I got comfortable I took my savings and rented some space at a RV park in Vegas and doing that ever since.

I made around $160,000 last year and am finishing up my degree at UNLV even though I'm not using it for anything. I only work 3-4 hours a day to get through 2 90 minute sales presentations.

The key is to go out there and start trying things, you'll figure out what exactly what you want and how to get there instead of saying "My goal is to make X dollars"
>>
Do not, under any circumstances, think you can make that much money off YouTube or Instagram.
>>
hate to be a debby downer but most six figure jobs require a high IQ and or a lot of education.
Jobs like lawyers, doctors, non retail sales managers, etc.

I'm not calling you dumb or anything, I'm just saying. source: someone who once thought he was smart
>>
>>18158048

he actually could if he was really funny and good at video games. like those guys who make x amount of cash per subscriber or like or whatever
>>
>>18158062
No, he couldn't. Maybe if it was 2012, then sure. But that ship has sailed, ever neckbeard and their imaginary 8/10 girlfriend thinks they can make a living like that.
>>
>>18158011
Sales. I used to be an "IT expert" until 3 years ago. My old boss who couldn't even use computer or e-mail always want me to learn about his new proposals, presentations and things, typing e=mail to suppliers or clients, so I 'm forced to learn a lot about it.

Nowadays I am mostly selling scientific instruments and industrial machineries.
Working at sales also made me realize that no matter how smart, or how good our invention/skills are, if we couldn't sell it/nobody's buying it's worth as much as dog shit.
>>
>>18158011

Depends where you live.

I live in San Jose and I make just a hair over 100K a year, as a union HVAC service tech. If you can get into a Union trade, you can crack the 100k mark once your turn out (become a journeyman) and you don't need shit except social skills and humility. I know some guys who are dumb as rocks yet they make 120-130k a year in a fuckin trade.
>>
>>18158053
That's not high IQ, that's high salesmanship. The only HMO/socialized doctors making that much money are bureaucrats, and you sell yourself into becoming a bureaucrat. If you're doing a private practice (the high IQ way) then salesmanship decides your entire fate.

PSA: get sales experience, it's the best skill you can have really. In pre-modern times, naturally talented salesmen were the whisperers in kings' ears.
>>
>>18158100

I incorrectly assumed OP was talking about the US
>>
>>18158011
Im a carptenter. 2nd year apprentice. The work is fun and stimulating and the social outlet is great.

Downside im working 500k. From home and my wife and dogs are my life. You need a very good faithful woman who loves you for that kind of work.
>>
>>18158053
All anons read this:

I disagree immensely.

You dont have to be very smart to own a successful business for example.

Also trades work. Im a fairly smart guy (if i may so so myself. Got a uni education and all) and im a tradesman now. I could have got this job with no hs diploma, and grade 10 math.

And some of the guys i work with are chimps. As i sort of mentioned in a previous post.. Im pulling 2k a week after taxes right now. Also thinking these jobs suck and are undervalued is leftover sentiment from propoganda in the 1970s when there was a white collar shortage.

Our preceeding generation still think these jobs suck and teach their kids that shit.

Ive never had a more fun and rewarding job in my life, and i was saying that before i struck gold on steady high paying work.

There are tonnes of ways to make money. You just have to look for them. I wont call you dumb or ignorant because you dont know that because you certainly arent. Just unaware, like i was a year ago for the entrepreneur stuff, and 5 years ago for the trades stuff.

I highly recommend you go to the library and grab some home entrepreneur books. Just for the sake of learning and realising how easy it is.

I hope it inspires you, too.

Ps. I have a side business. I make decent money on it but had to suspend it while i work on this carpentry contract.

If it wasnt just a side job, traffic from fucking kijiji advertisement alone has shown to be enough for me to make a good living on literally 10 hours a week. (pest control, if anyone was curious)
>>
>>18158011
C++ Software Engineer at Microsoft

Got a degree in CS and did tons of extra projects on the side and studied data structures and algorithms and interview techniques
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.