[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey / adv/ So I realised i need to learn another language if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 7547_16103654_1.jpg (87KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
7547_16103654_1.jpg
87KB, 640x640px
Hey / adv/

So I realised i need to learn another language if i want to achieve my goals. I'm currently an economic student looking at consultancy after graduation, but most top consultants are bi-lingual at the least. What would be the best language for me to learn, given that English is my native language and i live in Europe. And i don't wanna spend 6 years+ to become fluent (i.e Chinese).
>>
>>18157616
Top 5 languages in order of # of speakers are
>English
>Chinese
>Spanish
>French
>Arabic
Your choice
>want to do business in Africa
English and French
>want to do business in the americas
English and Spanish
>want to do business in Asia
English and (a good argument can be made for either) Chinese or Japanese
>want to do business in Europe
English and German
Want to do business with former Warsaw Pact nations?
Russian and whatever
>meme tier choice
Farsi
>>
Sorry killer, chinaman speak is the way to go especially being in the field you're in.
>>
>>18157647
Chinese is still real regional, if he never touches Asia he would better be served by Spanish or French as there are still lots of opportunities in Africa and South America.
>>
>>18157662

China is an economic super power. Africa is filled with mud huts and South America ran by gangs that can't add 2+2
>>
Wherever the hell you plan on working, nutjob.
>>
>>18157647
>>18157666
Chinese is a waste of effort.
No chink will ever respect you for speaking it, they'll constantly consider you bad at it. They're worse than the fucking french.

On top of that, any major company will have english speakers employed. The only places you'd deal with speaking chinese would be the scummy con-man businesses that pop up and disappear in a fortnight with all your money.
>>
>>18157686

Alright, I'm not going to argue with you there killer. You clearly have your mind made up and are stubborn.
>>
Op here, kind of related to this post:
>>18157674

In general, do you think it's better/more enjoyable to work in French or Spanish speaking countries/companies?
>>
>>18157696
Depends. Do you like working with lazy people or corrupt people?
>>
>>18157712

Lol is this just a stereotype or for real?
I have heard from my friends studying abroad that the Spanish administration tends to be very slow and inefficient. France seems to be more on the lines of a developed country.
>>
>>18157616
>after graduation, but most top consultants are bi-lingual at the least.
I think you're missing the point.
Do well in school, get great internship, know people, then do whatever you think "consultancy" is.
>>
File: 1462687754928.gif (1MB, 321x350px) Image search: [Google]
1462687754928.gif
1MB, 321x350px
You're eventually going to find yourself in business, and China is where all that shit is at. Here at my uni, every econ major has a minor in Chinese or Japanese. I'm friends with one, and they study languages more than they do their major.

You should've been fluent in moon runes by now.
>>
Fluency in chink doesnt take 6+years. You can achieve fluency in 3 if you work hard, but your accent will be shit. Furthermore, the majority of people I interact with who learn I speak chinese like me more, not less, especially if everyone around them is a foreigner and I'm the only whitey who speaks ching chong.

>>18157629
This is best post for choices.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.