[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is $30,000 a year a comfortable income? College is almost unbearable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1490039418234.jpg (95KB, 550x539px) Image search: [Google]
1490039418234.jpg
95KB, 550x539px
Is $30,000 a year a comfortable income?

College is almost unbearable and I just want to go straight into full-time work right after I get my associate's. I currently work 27 hours a week for UPS at $10,50 an hour. I may or may not get the opportunity to become a driver later.
>>
Sorry this isn't a question about trying to get into some cunt's pants, God.
>>
>>18156124
Relax you fucking dipshit, it's an incredibly slow board.
>>
>>18156124

>people aren't volunteering their time to tell me to learn how to fucking budget
>THAT MAKES THEM AWFUL

dont be rude, you came here for advice, advice you need because you are too dumb to sit down and budget out how much you'd need to live a year.

humble yourself.
>>
>Is $30,000 a year a comfortable income?
In the midwest: yes.
On the coasts: no.
>>
>>18156138
Where in the midwest? I know in Chicago that's literally impossible to live off of even in the burbs, unless you want to get shot by some blacks.
>>
>>18156053

$30,000 is not comfortable at all, no.

Livable? If you budget properly. Comfortable it is not.

The shitty full time work you'll be qualified for with an associates is going to be mind numbing, and you'll regret not just getting through two more years of education so you're not just doing menial labor the rest of your life.

It's not so much that $30k is terrible, but your earning potential over time won't really increase.
>>
>>18156138
>On the coasts, no

Depends what you mean by 'coasts'. I live by the beach on the west coast of Florida and make $25k a year which is enough to get me an apartment, car, and at least one modest vacation per year. I don't live by the beach, obviously, but I also don't live in some shit ghetto and my place is honestly pretty nice for $565/month.
>>
>>18156195
chicago (basically any city with a big population) basically counts as a coast for this purpose.

It's totally livable (I don't know that I'd call it comfortable) with a roommate in many places, solo in some. You really would have a better idea of what it would take to live in your area than we would.
>>
>>18156124
>1hr old thread
Jesus OP we can't all volunteer ourselves for nickels and dimes like you do!
>>
i just started clearing 30k a year and I live comfy as fuck

but, I still live in the ghetto like I did when I was making 12k a year.

can't really have anything nice in my house, but I blow most my money on weed anyway.

But, I can buy new video games when they come out, and fix my car when it's broke down, and all my bills are paid on time.

My parents made 30k at their best when I was growing up, so I'm pretty used to being poor, making 30k by myself is pretty comfy for living on my own.
>>
>>18156379
How much is rent?
>>
>>18156389
500 a month
>>
>>18156053
Ups drivers make more than 30k a year.
>>
>>18156969
UPS drivers can make up to $30/hour. One of the drivers that comes by my work makes like $27-28 an hour, can't remember exactly. It's a hard job to get though because it's a really easy so the turnover rate is very low. You typically start working in a warehouse and if you're lucky a driving spot opens up, but working the warehouse pays significantly less and the work sucks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.