[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, my girlfriend's had chronic anxiety and/or depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

So, my girlfriend's had chronic anxiety and/or depression for about a year now. It's gotten progressively worse. When she has a breakdown, she can't talk to anyone, lies down on the bed for days, cries and has suicidal thoughts. A couple of nights ago, she texted me saying she needed help and that she was having really bad suicidal thoughts. I ran over there and she spent the entire night crying on my shoulders. It's been two days now and her whole body's been constantly aching for the period and she hasn't been able to get up from bed. I wanted to take her to a psychiatrist, but she avoided it time and time again. Today, when I was lying down with her, she was telling me about her dying and how badly she wants it to happen, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm not proud of this, but I threatened to leave her if she didn't come with me tomorrow to the psychiatrist. I would say she is very emotionally dependent on me and might even kill herself if I left. Was this the right move or am I being a shithead?
>>
>>18156026
sounds like a self esteem issue
try assuring her you wont leave, not threatening her.
>>
>>18156036
It's a self esteem issue, but that's just a fragment of it. She's gotten anti-social by the day, probably because she's afraid of others judging her and she's been having breakdowns even before she'd met me. She just takes too much stress in general.

Also, she's texting me right now to back out from my decision. I don't know what I should do. I feel like I'm being too harsh, but I also think this is necessary.
>>
>>18156026
I don't think you were wrong, yeah taking that leap is scary but she can't expect you to deal with her every time she's not feeling well, especially when it lasts that long. If you continue trying to support her on your own you'll eventually get burnt out and leave her anyways. Unless you stay and just let yourself get messed up too. It's hard to date someone with mental illness.
>>
>>18156036

Enabling her horseshit hasnt worked, OP needs to drop a ton of bricks on her head for being such a cunt.

How dare she behave like this crying and laying in a bed wishing she would die whilst emotionally draining OP what a parasite

Your a good dude OP I would of punched her face in, if she doesn't seek help that's her problem you tried I have been in your situation before. My ex was a violent angry self destructive crazy bitch that would only listen to her horseshit. I begged and begged her to come see a psychiatrist with me time and time again but she was too pig headed and believed I was the problem, now the relationships over and she maniacally depressed.

You can't change people OP they have to save themselves and your GF is a shitty person
>>
Your gf sounds very ill. She really needs the help of professionals, which you already know. I hope you can get her to someone. I've had depressions and was healthy enough to walk into a psychologists office. Depression meds weren't really a thing then. Now I take meds and it puts a floor under me, i can only go so low. Also CBT can help.

I go to a self help group too....but that might help your gf later when she's better.

Recoveryinternational.org
>>
>>18156026
OP, you did nothing wrong. She needs to get help. She has to understand that she's....well...a burden. It's sad but true. I was in her place once. I mean maybe not NEARLY AS BAD as her but pretty damn close. My ex left me because I ended up making him miserable and...well...that's what I deserved. I'm doing much better now. I sought help and worked on my self-esteem and got most of my life in order. None of that would've happened if I wasn't pushed to do it. Your gf sounds like she needs that same push. It'll be hard but in the end, if she ends up taking her own life it'll be her own fault for not seeking help. I'm a cunt for saying that but it's true.

Is there any way you can just like, get her friends and everyone together to try to talk to her about seeking help? Like hold some sort of intervention?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.