[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, my room's walls are completely empty and look like shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

so, my room's walls are completely empty and look like shit, but i'm a broke ass student, and don't have much money for decoration, i could buy cheap generic posters but the only ones that interest me are paintings from famous classic painters, i'd prefer something more personal like the works of astor alexander pic related, but his prints cost a fucking shitload, this is the highest resolution i've found, but i know that if i print it on anything bigger than 30x40 cm it will look like shit, do you have any advice on cheap decoration or maybe some very high resolution pics of his work?
>>
>>18155822
Also forgot to mention i'm italian, so i can't really buy from american shops without losing an arm and a leg with shipping costs
>>
Get reclaimed wood and some sandpaper (and paint, but it's money so don't have to get), rope thread, and something that makes holes to tie the threads in to design a cool hipster shelf.

Buy a bunch of cheap glass vases that cost a dollar each, idk if you have it there and find some plants and create terrariums, a layer of small rocks on the bottom, grounded charcoal over the rocks, and good soil as the middle layer, and then the plant

Should cost around $5-10
I made mine with different lengths and each level was offput from the x-axis to make it look less rigid
>>
>>18155822
Go out on the street in tourist areas and around museums to find lots of street venders selling prints. Haggle in Italian to get them to cut tourist prices.
>>
>>18155902
You can also make string art with a wooden canvas, also find or buy reclaimed wood. You can leave the wood as it's natural color and tone, or paint it over white.

You will need: nails (and a hammer), string, glue a hard canvas (wood).

To create string art, you nail the borders of where you want space to be. For example, in pic related, the artist outlined the shadows of the face with the nails, and the values of the shadows were based on how many layers of string were strung around the nails.

Step 1: Find a cool design online, or in your head.
Step 2: Print out your design relative to the size of your piece, to save money, slice your piece to fit onto 8.5x11 sheets and then cut them up
Step 3: Place your piece on the canvas, and start nailing the outlines of where you want the space to be represented, more nails = more string = more values
Step 4: After placing all your nails, remove the paper and then start wrapping string around the nails, you can make them as long as you want depending on what values you want, and then glue the strings when you're done with the length.

You can create something as complex as pic related, or just get something as simple as a typographic poster and just outline the inside of the typefaces or the background
>>
>>18155939
You can make wall decor that plays with negative space.

This is basically a tree branch cut between each frame so our eyes see the branches are unified, it probably cost around $3 to make
>>
>>18155961
Here's something really easy to make, all you need is holsters and hook, and this grate is for a plant hoister for vine plants.

It all really depends on the lighting of your room as well, if you don't have natural light, your room will look ugly regardless.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.