[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to get my bf to lose weight aside from threatening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 6066970473_e6eebc5668_b.jpg (340KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6066970473_e6eebc5668_b.jpg
340KB, 768x1024px
What is the best way to get my bf to lose weight aside from threatening to break up? He is legit 260+lbs (was just 230ish when we got together). I went from 240 to 180 while he refuses to even try to lose weight. If we get fast food he'll eat two burgers instead of just one. I've been fat since childhood and weight has always been a struggle for me, but I've really been trying and feel in control lately. Meanwhile he grew up a healthy child and was hot in highschool- now he's 26 and gets sweaty and winded doing anything. His breath also smells and he has trouble staying hard and controlling his orgasm during sex. I feel like his health is declining so fast he'll be diabetic or have some other health issue by his mid-30's. We've been together 3 years and I don't want to throw it all away. Advice?
>>
Things I've done:
>helped him sign up for My Fitness Pal calorie counting app
>trying to do more active dates (walking dogs, hiking, walking downtown, etc)
>packing him lunch (he refuses most of the time, likes fast food with coworkers)
>cooking dinner more at home (he still takes big helpings)

The thing that sucks is that he gets really down on himself and apologetic when I bring up his health and appearance so I don't know a way to frame it in a way that makes him motivated and not depressed.
>>
>>18155819
Get him to lift weights with the idea of getting stronger and not with the idea of losing weight. I used to be fat but I loved the feel of my muscles getting bigger, and now without even trying I nearly have a full 6 pack after no time at all. And also try to get him to ear healthier with the idea of being healthy instead of the idea of losing weight, I switched to salads instead of chocolate etc and now I feel way more energized and happy
>>
>>18155912
This might actually be a good strategy. He has always eaten like crap (still brags about eating a lot at a time like a teenager would) but was really active with sports/weights in highschool so it was negated. It's difficult because he works 8-5 every day and comes home dog-tired. I usually can't even get him to walk the dogs with me, he just wants to play computer games. I'll try and bring it up with him, I just hope he doesn't take it as my being controlling or anything
>>
Why not threaten the break up?

If he really wants you, he'll lose the weight.
>>
>>18155962
do you work or have less hours than him, he is probably just more exhausted than you
>>
>>18155964
Because ultimatums should always be a last resort. Even if he does change, it may very well loom over his head the entire time and cause a breakup anyways.

It's better to encourage them set up new habits that encourage a healthy lifestyle than to just threaten them if you can do so.
>>
>>18156042
He's probably exhausted because he's hauling around an extra hundred pounds all say, not because his job is just so, so hard.
>>
Since you've already done so much for him and he still isn't losing weight, dump this fatass ASAP. It's not a coincidence some people are fat, his pig lardass brain is probably all kinds of fucked-up.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.